Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

Page 19 of 109
I had a similar situation where some tree removers forgot some stumps on my property. All I did was spray paint the tree stumps and call them back to fix it. It should be their responsibility

Renman
JLH222
Block looks great and huge!
Re the stump, what did your quote from demo company state? If it says all trees, then they have to do it. The company we ended up using gave us the most detailed quote and specifically listed what they were removing. They did an amazing job too.
They also should have contacted you before leaving site if they decided to leave it for whatever reason.
Hope you can sort it

Metro 32 KDRB Bayside Melbourne
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84012

Block is an average size for the area so it's only 650.

This contractor was recommended by our sales consultant. We have been disappointed with them since we accepted the quote. Support and communication has dropped

650 is big to us. We are under 600

Our sales consultant gave us a name/recommendation (apparently widely used by M) but I did some research and read bad review after bad review so we stayed clear of them.
I hope they come back and complete the job for you.

JLH222
Renman
JLH222
Block looks great and huge!
Re the stump, what did your quote from demo company state? If it says all trees, then they have to do it. The company we ended up using gave us the most detailed quote and specifically listed what they were removing. They did an amazing job too.
They also should have contacted you before leaving site if they decided to leave it for whatever reason.
Hope you can sort it

Block is an average size for the area so it's only 650.

This contractor was recommended by our sales consultant. We have been disappointed with them since we accepted the quote. Support and communication has dropped

650 is big to us. We are under 600

Our sales consultant gave us a name/recommendation (apparently widely used by M) but I did some research and read bad review after bad review so we stayed clear of them.
I hope they come back and complete the job for you.

Even thou ours is 650, ours setback is 9m. Doesn't leave to much of a backyard.

Lucky we had a wide-ish block and we have a side yard that is 4m wide after the retaining wall is in.

Hoping we have it sorted otherwise I'll have to get a tree stump especially in

Drill some holes into it and pour in a decent amount of roundup in the meantime?

Special_K
Drill some holes into it and pour in a decent amount of roundup in the meantime?

That's the plan for now.

Good news they are coming with a stump grinder to remove the stumps early this week

Renman
Good news they are coming with a stump grinder to remove the stumps early this week

That's great. How did you find that out? Make sure you keep on there backs. Cos sometimes things get said. But it doesn't happen.

Doulton777
Renman

That's great. How did you find that out? Make sure you keep on there backs. Cos sometimes things get said. But it doesn't happen.

Have been in contact with them via txt over the weekend and he called me saying that they could come over to get the done. That they didn't do it with the digger because that would have caused damage to the driveway and fence.

I am sure if I didn't hassle them they wouldn't have done it all all.

Renman
Doulton777
Renman

Have been in contact with them via txt over the weekend and he called me saying that they could come over to get the done. That they didn't do it with the digger because that would have caused damage to the driveway and fence.

I am sure if I didn't hassle them they wouldn't have done it all all.

Yeah a lot of companies are like that now days. That's why I don't trust anyone to do their jobs. Most times you need to keep on their backs. That's what I found. Hardly ever I had to not chase something up. The world is definitely changing. And not for the better.

Great outcome

Update - All three stumps was removed today.

D777, unfortunately you are right. No pride in their work.

Renman

It's sad. I taught my kids to be hard workers thou. 3 of them have got employees of the month a couple of times. They put a lot of effort in their work. That's how I want them to be. I have drummed it in them. Don't want them turning out like this lazy society.

Doulton777
Renman

It's sad. I taught my kids to be hard workers thou. 3 of them have got employees of the month a couple of times. They put a lot of effort in their work. That's how I want them to be. I have drummed it in them. Don't want them turning out like this lazy society.

Ps glad they were quick to remove them when you asked.

Doulton777
Renman

Good work ethic is hard to come by these days.

Doulton777
Doulton777
Renman

Ps glad they were quick to remove them when you asked.

Was glad that it was quick given that we have handed the site over to M.

Good to see it didn't turn into a big drama. All sorted quick and easy!
Renman
Doulton777
Renman

Good work ethic is hard to come by these days.

Yes very hard. My daughter went for a job last week. The guy straight away liked her. The first thing he said. Was he had a good vibe about her. He didn't even say I will get back to you. He booked in her training the next day.

She's 21 it pays $38,000 which is not bad. I'm not just saying this because I'm biased. But anyone that hires my kids are blessed. I trained them to be hard workers. And do their best. My other daughter who is training to be a chef. Got offered a job in the city. She currently works at hogs breath.

And the main chef at hogs. Wants to open his own restaurant and wants to take my daughter with him. Plus she been there about 8mths only. There's other people that worked there as well. The two main chefs went on holiday. And out of everyone that got her to run everything for two weeks. She's only 19 lol. She also got vcal student of the year.

My second oldest daughter is a motor mechanic. Before she left school she was offered a position at an apprenticeship school. Before everyone in her school. She had top marks. Plus got vcal student of the year. Yet she only did it for one year. The principle told her she gave vcal a new name. She was mentioned so many times and used as a great example for future students. Her pic was up in the office for 3 years. She had to tell them to take it down lol. By the time she finished her apprenticeship school. Toyata wanted her plus Subaru in the dock lands. She picked Subaru. She left that after she finished her apprenticeship. And now works for autocheap as a mechanic adviser. She the first one to get full time so fast.

I just think that type of quality doesn't exists anymore. Parents don't teach their kids anything.

My mechanic daughter is now doing interior designing. I reckon if she worked at m. You will see how well she would do her job.

dulie

Dulie, I Was equally surprised to see it done today.

D777,

You must be a proud parents. Hard work always pays off.

It's not just a young people thing either. I'm younger than some of the people I work with and I swear my 3 year old listens better and throws less tantrums than some of these people.

Renman
dulie

Dulie, I Was equally surprised to see it done today.

D777,

You must be a proud parents. Hard work always pays off.

Thanks renman. Yes we are. People can see they are different. Parents don't realise it's better for their kids if they teach them those values. The amount of times my kids get frustrated with other kids there cos they don't do their job properly or are slacking off. Happens often. Then on top of that they take time off. Or come in late. My kids can't stand to come in late. They get so panicking. But a lot of others don't care. This is this generation. It's so sad and frustrating to see.

Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum