Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Winchester 28- Landscaping

Page 18 of 73
Surely it’s not a tough task and they can get the paper work sorted quickly

I hope so
Tribe7
Surely it’s not a tough task and they can get the paper work sorted quickly

Oh my goodness. Just received a variation for $3000 for the promo cooling which was deleted back in August!
r_13
:shock:

Thats about my reaction too. Cannot believe we've been held up by a variation for something that was deleted and upgraded. Somehow they forgot to delete that line in the contract, so some numpty has decided to add the cost back in, for what was an included item! We're all systems go to get the variation corrected and signed off so we can be handed to construction by 5pm.Save.
What the heck? So you don’t have to pay the $5k now? Did you get handed to construction?

Tribe7
What the heck? So you don’t have to pay the $5k now? Did you get handed to construction?

We pay the $5k for the upgrade we selected which is already in the contract, but not the $3k that was the included aircon that we upgraded from. They acknowledge the mistake but electrical took an early mark so they couldn't get that variation fixed tonight. Husband actually went in to the head office to push. But we have been handed to construction at last. The clock is ticking, they have three weeks to start.
Well that’s not so bad $3k is a win. Damn electrical least it’s all sorted and have been handed over
so excited for you

It's not a win really, it's just not paying again for something we'd already paid for. They'll finalise it on Monday but we've been handed over anyway.
Drew01
Tribe7
Final plans look great black cat
. Gosh I hope your permit comes through it’s so painful waiting.

That’s a good idea about your tap too, you do not want people helping themselves to your water.

We reckon someone filled their pool from our tap after demo, as we had a quarter with an average usage of several thousand litres of water per day. And the meter wasn't connected to a tap, just a 26mm (?) threaded outlet...

Had to pay it, as it was our word vs the water company...

Maybe one of your neighbours have a camera. Might be able to see who was stealing the water ?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Drew01
Tribe7
Final plans look great black cat
. Gosh I hope your permit comes through it’s so painful waiting.

That’s a good idea about your tap too, you do not want people helping themselves to your water.

We reckon someone filled their pool from our tap after demo, as we had a quarter with an average usage of several thousand litres of water per day. And the meter wasn't connected to a tap, just a 26mm (?) threaded outlet...

Had to pay it, as it was our word vs the water company...

Maybe one of your neighbours have a camera. Might be able to see who was stealing the water ?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Our cameras will be the first in the neighbourhood unfortunately... End of the day it was only a hundred bucks or do, but people who steal *** me off

Ah ok. I thought it would be a lot more then that. It’s worth having cameras. Specially with what happens now days.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Fitted a padlock to our water metre this morning so the tap can’t be used. We figure no water means the concreters can’t wash their trucks out on our block. Still need to push them to come clean up but the threat of the EPA at least got them working with us.
Our lovely red padlock. Will follow up this week to make sure that concrete gets removed.

Had a look at the display for the new estate going in behind us; blocks the same size as ours are $100k more than we paid, so I think we've done very well.
Good looking lock

Wow that’s a big jump in land price, you will have a great amount of equity in your home.

Still waiting for this air con issue to be fixed but in the meantime clinging to this:

Permit was issued 12/4, so they have to start by 3/5.
And we're done. Aircon mess all sorted, variation signed and returned. Onwards to construction!
Congratulations blackcat20! That's great news! Good luck with the next stage
shokel1975
Congratulations blackcat20! That's great news! Good luck with the next stage

Thank you. Hopefully its a smoother ride than admin!
Haha.... that journey is just starting for us!
Related
18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

21/05/2024
Landscaping recommendations in Melbourne for New Build

Landscape & Garden Design

Yes, I was happy with the work, bar a few small things. Overall, communication could have been better though. However, I found them reliable and did good work at a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum