Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Metricon Liberty - Hampshire 45 QLD

Page 18 of 90
My kitchen feature window is 686mm height.

@Orph

Build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Home Furniture: viewtopic.php?t=80551
Technology Hub: viewtopic.php?t=83663
Landscape Design: viewtopic.php?t=80645
Orpheus

@Orph

So what is the clearance from the bench to the bottom of the cabinets?

Ours is the standard window and we have a clearance of 660mm. This was the reason we had to pick the Qasair Eastmore model for our induction.

Renman
Orpheus

@Orph

Ours is the standard window and we have a clearance of 660mm. This was the reason we had to pick the Qasair Eastmore model for our induction.

Our overhead cupboards are 730mm above the bench.

@Orph

Orpheus
Renman
Orpheus

@Orph

@Orph

Just double checked out PC and we have the bigger 07-27 windows but our elevation drawing shows us it's only 660mm.

Is it correct there I should be getting 730mm clearance like Orph and my elevation in the PC is wrong.

I should wait for the final contract? If so, why does M do this and complicate thing when we have to nominate which range hood and cook top to install now.

Renman
Orpheus
Renman
[quote="Orpheus"]My kitchen feature window is 686mm height.

@Orph

@Orph

Just double checked out PC and we have the bigger 07-27 windows but our elevation drawing shows us it's only 660mm.

Is it correct there I should be getting 730mm clearance like Orph and my elevation in the PC is wrong.

I should wait for the final contract? If so, why does M do this and complicate thing when we have to nominate which range hood and cook top to install now.

[/quote]
I forgot to mention we asked our SM to raise the overhead cabinets so it sits flush with the window frame (instead of the glass which would mean the height is around 680mm).

Note also our plans says our window is 07-36(assume measurement includes frames) but contract description has it only as 686 x 3610 (I assume this is the glass measurements without the frame)

@Orph

Orpheus
Renman
Orpheus
[quote="Renman"][quote="Orpheus"]My kitchen feature window is 686mm height.

@Orph

@Orph

[/quote]
I forgot to mention we asked our SM to raise the overhead cabinets so it sits flush with the window frame (instead of the glass which would mean the height is around 680mm).

Note also our plans says our window is 07-36(assume measurement includes frames) but contract description has it only as 686 x 3610 (I assume this is the glass measurements without the frame)

@Orph

Landscape Design: viewtopic.php?t=80645[/quote]

Would have thought that the cabinets would be flush with the windows, otherwise there will be a small plaster wall between the both of them.

Renman
Orpheus
Renman
[quote="Orpheus"][quote="Renman"][quote="Orpheus"]My kitchen feature window is 686mm height.

@Orph

@Orph

[/quote]

@Orph

Would have thought that the cabinets would be flush with the windows, otherwise there will be a small plaster wall between the both of them.

[/quote]
Nope, standard M design is to sit flush with the glass unless you ask them to change it.

@Orph

Renman
Orpheus
Renman
[quote="Orpheus"][quote="Renman"][quote="Orpheus"]My kitchen feature window is 686mm height.

@Orph

@Orph

[/quote]

@Orph

[/quote]
Nope, standard M design is to sit flush with the glass unless you ask them to change it.

@Orph

Orpheus
Renman
Orpheus
[quote="Renman"][quote="Orpheus"][quote="Renman"][quote="Orpheus"]My kitchen feature window is 686mm height.

@Orph

@Orph

[/quote]

@Orph

[/quote]

@Orph

I recall a bit of a discussion (in the Building with Metricon? thread) about this when it was discovered that quite a few of those building with Metricon had overhang of their kitchen cabinetry into the splashback window.
anonymous-
Orpheus
Renman
[quote="Orpheus"][quote="Renman"][quote="Orpheus"][quote="Renman"][quote="Orpheus"]My kitchen feature window is 686mm height.

@Orph

@Orph

[/quote]

@Orph

[/quote]

@Orph

I recall a bit of a discussion (in the Building with Metricon? thread) about this when it was discovered that quite a few of those building with Metricon had overhang of their kitchen cabinetry into the splashback window.[/quote]
Yup that was me who started the discussion....

@Orph

Looking good Dulie!
Here's my kitchen plan if it helps. So yeah it looks 686 in height.
dulie
Here's my kitchen plan if it helps. So yeah it looks 686 in height.

Nice, looks like yr overhead cupboards sit flush with the window frame.

@Orph

Plus Renman has nothing to worry about, with 3m high ceilings you have lots of room to play with. Overhead cupboards can be placed at what ever height you like. I think it only becomes an issues with people with low ceilings and limited space.
Here's mine and I have 3m ceilings also.I'm pretty sure my window frame is 685mm.
vuster
Here's mine and I have 3m ceilings also.I'm pretty sure my window frame is 685mm.

Wow I would love 3m or even 4m ceilings if it was offered.

@Orph

I don't think they offer 3m ceilings for non signature range homes but I guess if you insist and are willing to pay for it then they'll come to the party. Last time someone told me it was some ridiculous amount being 45K but Renman can correct me on this. i.e. 3m downstairs and 2.7m upstairs.
vuster
I don't think they offer 3m ceilings for non signature range homes but I guess if you insist and are willing to pay for it then they'll come to the party. Last time someone told me it was some ridiculous amount being 45K but Renman can correct me on this. i.e. 3m downstairs and 2.7m upstairs.

That price does sound ridiculous. I rather use that money to buy a new Mercedes and park it in the garage.

@Orph

Yeah maybe when Renman chimes back in, he can share how much his 3m Ground floor update cost since the Hampshire is a Designer Home and not Signature.

From memory, 2.7m cost me $9k.
Todays progress - Windows!

Guest Ensuite Window

Pantry and Kitchen Picture Windows.

1 of 4 Boutique Stacker Door Frame.

Upstairs Lounge Room Window.

Bed 2 Windows.

Bed 3 Window.

Bed 4 Window

Master Ensuite Toilet and Bath Windows.

Master Windows

Master WIR Windows.

Picture Window for the stair well.

Looking in from the street.
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum