Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building At Edmondson Park

Page 162 of 173
hi everyone

i was wondering if any of u building at the ridge edmondson park? with CSB ?
i also like to get in touch with owner 3 steenson street also by CSB. If you guys are around in this forum pls pm me

We just receive an extra site cost for drop edge beam

anyone has got the same experience? the other solution is to build retaining wall along the side of the house but not sure if would cost the same or cheaper.. any thought is apprciated
CSBEN
hi everyone

i also like to get in touch with owner 3 steenson street also by CSB. If you guys are around in this forum pls pm me

We just receive an extra site cost for drop edge beam for $7200plus gst..

anyone has got the same experience? the other solution is to build retaining wall along the side of the house but not sure if would cost the same or cheaper.. any thought is apprciated

Yes building with mojo homes and got $10000 for extra site cost

CSBEN
unbeliavable...
the thing is our cdc has just been approved and they only bring it up now..

We got the before lodge in to the council as it was requested by council for the gradient match. Which lot you were building in the ridge???

CSBEN
hi everyone

I'm not too surprised. There's quite a bit of slope on that side of Steenson Street. How would the retaining wall look? The backyard/Vinny Avenue side of the block already contains a pretty sizable retaining wall.
@anonymous: no idea how the retaining wall will look, this would b someth we need to organise ourself i assume if we dont go with drop edge option..

would love to hear anyone here if they have similar exp, ie retaining wall on the side of the house instead of that drop edge beam
CSBEN
@anonymous: no idea how the retaining wall will look, this would b someth we need to organise ourself i assume if we dont go with drop edge option..

would love to hear anyone here if they have similar exp, ie retaining wall on the side of the house instead of that drop edge beam

Which side would the drop edge beam be on? Have you got a house or floor plan in mind? An option could be to step the floor down in those rooms which are on the lower side. The bonus would be that you get a higher ceiling so it could kill two birds with one stone. Which lot/house have you purchased?
My sis is building in edmondson park she had a bit of a slope and Metricon homes charged her 7000 for drop edge beams but no retaining wall was required how bad is your slop? I have recently put a deposit on a land that has about 1 meter slop towards the rear of the house so i went to builders to see what it will cost me ..they said about retaining wall if its more than half a meter it gets expensive as it needs to b enginered i hope this helps
Got an approval for cdc but was advised that no concreter is available to pour the slab so just waiting at the moment.
thx everyone for the comments, i will check with csb then how high the retaining wall need to be if we go with this option. re step down, guess its too late now as cdc has been approved, if only they communicated this earlier prior . the retaining wall or Drop EB needed on the right side of the house 13m length. Also retaining wall option will be our own arrangement

i m on lot 23 btw.
Lania
My sis is building in edmondson park she had a bit of a slope and Metricon homes charged her 7000 for drop edge beams but no retaining wall was required how bad is your slop? I have recently put a deposit on a land that has about 1 meter slop towards the rear of the house so i went to builders to see what it will cost me ..they said about retaining wall if its more than half a meter it gets expensive as it needs to b enginered i hope this helps

Hi Iam building on ridge which street are you building.I paid extra 10k. Everyone on the ridge has to pay for the drop edge beam that is council requirement after land registration on 5th of sep.
CSBEN
hi everyone

Your best bet is to probably go with the drop edge beam. Depending on the materiel used, how high etc and of course labour, retaining walls could cost you more than that. I paid over 5k for mine along my side boundary but it was only 2 sleepers high and timber. If it was block, would have cost me 7-8k.
thx brahma bull..
I've used my drone to video a flyover of Village Square and The Ridge this afternoon and uploaded this onto YouTube.

This is my first time flying the drone - keen to hear thoughts and feedback or any requests. Let me know if you guys are interested in updates in the future.

https://youtu.be/IybV2zban90
anonymous-
I've used my drone to video a flyover of Village Square and The Ridge this afternoon and uploaded this onto YouTube.

This is my first time flying the drone - keen to hear thoughts and feedback or any requests. Let me know if you guys are interested in updates in the future.

Nice work mate. Thank for sharing.

Mind asking which Drone (model) did you use?. Video quality is excellent.

Also, if you can add some music in the background the video would be rocking!.

Hi anonymous

Great work. I have been trying to get out and do the same. looks like its a P4, that i what i have. not bad for your first flight, and in time it will get better. The hard part is editing and getting it all put together. im still learning this part.

Anyway looks great.
west_rocks
anonymous-

Nice work mate. Thank for sharing.

Mind asking which Drone (model) did you use?. Video quality is excellent.

Also, if you can add some music in the background the video would be rocking!.

Good job .Iam also building on the ridge.Has your house started may know which builder.
anonymous-

Nice work mate....excellent!

What's the best way to get our neigbours contact detail? We just want to get in contact with them to organise fencing.

Looking for the owners of Lot 345 on Hooper Road.

Cheers.
Leave your contact number with their Site supervisor and ask him to tell them to get in touch with you

Related
3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

22/06/2023
7 Steps - For a successful building project

Renovation + Home Improvement

Following these simple steps will help you mitigate unwanted costs, have your expectations met and give…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum