Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fowler Homes - My MONACO Castle

Page 17 of 18
Buildingourfirstnest
BL35ED
Buildingourfirstnest
Hey BL35ED, I love your new place - looking back, was the wait worth it? I love Fowler's designs but looks like you and a couple others have so many delays with the build that I'm thinking twice
/quote]
I gotta be honest during the build id say No I was stressed out.. Aggitated and pulling my hair but now that were living in it I dont remember any of that and were loving it. Only thing killing me now is the landscaping lol

thanks! how long did your build take? I look at Rayges and KP16 and it seems like the average build time is close to a year but their admin is pretty quick?

Was suppose to take 9months...

Ended up taking bout 16months. Got paid out in liquidated damages.

Oh wow, that's quite a blow out. Was yours a custom design? I can't find the monaco design on their website any longer!
Buildingourfirstnest
Oh wow, that's quite a blow out. Was yours a custom design? I can't find the monaco design on their website any longer!

Hi mate, yeah Fowler are one of the cheaper but quality builders, I'm really happy with my place, it's the lack of tradies that are delaying project builders. As long as you don't make many changes you will find it will go smoother than our builds. I'm moving in tomorrow and mines taken around 11 months, but mine has a granny flat too.
I've been to BL35ED home and it's gorgeous. Yes the Monaco is now a discontinued house plan.

thanks Rayges. both your threads have been invaluable! I will be doing some amendments, but it's one of their standard "upgrades" on their website, upgrading the ground living to a bedroom. Was your 11 months still within your contracted building period or did u get paid out too?
Buildingourfirstnest
thanks Rayges. both your threads have been invaluable! I will be doing some amendments, but it's one of their standard "upgrades" on their website, upgrading the ground living to a bedroom. Was your 11 months still within your contracted building period or did u get paid out too?

The Monaco was my favourite most practical design at the time for a size 32 home. The thing is I made mannnny changes....not big ones but many but at the end of the day when people come over they truely believe it's a custom built architectual design...noone can believe it was built by fowler so im very happy with that outcome

I should add I did end up doing alot my self as well to get the custom look I wanted like glass balustrades floorboards big porcelain tiles rendering featurewalls etc.... Fowler just built the basic layout

On that note just finished the backyard leveling top soil and grass today
Very happy with my work

Hey, just read through your thread. Your house looks amazing! I am just about to start the process of building with fowler. It took me a bit to make up my mind for which plan i loved and i think it is Paris 37 with butler, cinema and void over living.

I have a question do you know what the standard railing or balustrade for the void over your front entrance was? Or what options they had. I dont think i can afford the glass plus i have slobbery bulldogs who will make them filthy lol...

Looking forward to joining in, will start my own thread when i have more to contribute.

Oh i forgot to add, do you mind me asking if it was alot to get all the windows square set?

BL35ED
4. Ive had few framing issues, But to be honest I let my SS know and he looks into it straight away. I would like My SS to be onsite a bit more....I know i'm not the only house they're building but honestly his probably around once a week if that...

How did you find out you had framing issues? We have no idea of anything related to builds and I guess we'll never be able to pick up any issues in frame/ pier/ slab/ walls or anything at all
faykis
BL35ED
4. Ive had few framing issues, But to be honest I let my SS know and he looks into it straight away. I would like My SS to be onsite a bit more....I know i'm not the only house they're building but honestly his probably around once a week if that...

How did you find out you had framing issues? We have no idea of anything related to builds and I guess we'll never be able to pick up any issues in frame/ pier/ slab/ walls or anything at all
/quote]
Honestly I studied did my research lived on homeone... Asked other carpenters have relos in the trade. Any resourse I can use I did....this is where the stress part comes in.

newwyhouse2233
Hey, just read through your thread. Your house looks amazing! I am just about to start the process of building with fowler. It took me a bit to make up my mind for which plan i loved and i think it is Paris 37 with butler, cinema and void over living.

I have a question do you know what the standard railing or balustrade for the void over your front entrance was? Or what options they had. I dont think i can afford the glass plus i have slobbery bulldogs who will make them filthy lol...

Looking forward to joining in, will start my own thread when i have more to contribute.

I've built the Paris 34 before they updated recently. I just moved in and absolutely love the layout. Mine is a 6 bedrooms, I added the bedroom downstairs with bathroom too.
The staircase/balustrade and void should look like mine, but yours would be much bigger for the 37. Good Luck.

Rayges
newwyhouse2233

I've built the Paris 34 before they updated recently. I just moved in and absolutely love the layout. Mine is a 6 bedrooms, I added the bedroom downstairs with bathroom too.
The staircase/balustrade and void should look like mine, but yours would be much bigger for the 37. Good Luck.

Looks Amazing!! Thanks for the pics! What differences in the floor plans are there?

BL35ED
Upgrades
Changing Kitchen design to 1200 wide Island bench.
Move kitchen splashback window to the centre wall
Move bedroom 3 window to the right side of the house for neighbour privacy reasons
Extend study by 40cm taken from the cinema room
Remove linen room and extend powder room include niche in wall.
Move entrance of the study to the centre, add cut out to wall to avoid losing the void.
Remove IT Nook upstairs, add Built in wardrobe to master room.
Open shelves under staircase in cinema room
Entertainment Unit to cinema room TV alcove
Study nook desk in bed4
Bamboo timber to standard staircase instead of carpet
150mm Dropped ceiling over kitchen Area
2740mm High ceilings to first level
Add Laundry shoot from upstairs to Laundry
Square set all internal windows
Add Alfresco Area for future living area.
Centre Living room window.
Remove window facing alfresco and add brick.
Change Window sizes for living room and dining room so glass is not going down to floor.
Add TV Alcove to Living Area
Change Niche size in hallway
Square set Internal laundry door to pantry
Add dwarf wall with decorative pine posts to Kitchen Island for future electric fire place.
Add cavity sliding door to ensuite
Add cavity sliding door to bathroom
325 horizontal cladding to rear elevation of home for bedroom 4
Matrix cladding to front elevation of home for master room including ensuite.
Floor to ceiling tiles to wc, bathroom and ensuite

Hi Blessed, Did changes to the floorplan (moving walls etc) result in huge price difference?

I have been going through your upgrade list over and over again. I need almost all of them! Fowler's emporium package has most of these. additionally we need the following not included in the emporium pack
-bamboo/ wooden flooring (hubby's demand) or 60x60 tiles in the leaving area
-staircase/void upgrade to glass and aluminium
- downlights
-cupboards to kitchen, cant really understand how much of cupboards are included
faykis
BL35ED
Upgrades
Move bedroom 3 window to the right side of the house for neighbour privacy reasons
Move entrance of the study to the centre, add cut out to wall to avoid losing the void.
Study nook desk in bed4
Change Window sizes for living room and dining room so glass is not going down to floor.
Add dwarf wall with decorative pine posts to Kitchen Island for future electric fire place.

Hi Blessed, Did changes to the floorplan (moving walls etc) result in huge price difference?

I have been going through your upgrade list over and over again. I need almost all of them! Fowler's emporium package has most of these. additionally we need the following not included in the emporium pack
- downlights
-cupboards to kitchen, cant really understand how much of cupboards are included

Ok soooooo.... The following upgrades were all done/organised by me after handover! Not the builder. I cant tell you what the builder will charge unfortunatley.

- 75 x 75cm porcelain tiles from patio through out to sunroom
- bamboo floorboards for staircase and upstairs flooring
- Glass balustrades and stainless steel hand rails for stairs and voids
- merbau decking alfresco
- install of all light fixtures
- install of cctv cameras
- install of doorbell intercom system
- cement rendering and painting to facade
- ledgestone feature to front patio pier
- All plants and landscaping
- Coloured driveway
- 16kw Daikin Ducted aircon
- install of roller blinds to windows
- install of security door to rear laundry door
....and many more little bits and pieces which make the house pop!! Its our dream home. We are newly weds and I wanted my wife to feel like a princess!

I can more than guarantee all of the above would have cost quadriple with the builder.... So u think about that
heres couple examples how I know.
When I asked for glass balustrades from builder they charged with $10,000 with timber rails! It cost me $3000 with stainless rails
Ducted aircon they wanted $15500 it cost me $7500.

BL35ED
faykis
BL35ED
Upgrades
Study nook desk in bed4

- downlights

Ok soooooo.... The following upgrades were all done/organised by me after handover! Not the builder. I cant tell you what the builder will charge unfortunately.

- 75 x 75cm porcelain tiles from patio through out to sunroom
- bamboo floorboards for staircase and upstairs flooring
- Glass balustrades and stainless steel hand rails for stairs and voids
- merbau decking alfresco
- install of all light fixtures
- install of cctv cameras
- install of doorbell intercom system
- cement rendering and painting to facade
- ledgestone feature to front patio pier
- All plants and landscaping
- Coloured driveway
- 16kw Daikin Ducted aircon
- install of roller blinds to windows
- install of security door to rear laundry door
....and many more little bits and pieces which make the house pop!! Its our dream home. We are newly weds and I wanted my wife to feel like a princess!

Yes Blessed the Fowler sales agent already told me that they have 20% surcharge to any upgrades and additional labour. Rawson quoted me 20k for glass balustrade with wood rail!! I am also planning to do the following after handover
-tiling in ground floor and alfresco
-light fixtures, downlights
-rendering and painting of facade
-staircase ( in love with yours)
-plants landscaping
-blinds

Do you think It will delay the move-in time by months?
BL35ED
I can more than guarantee all of the above would have cost quadriple with the builder.... So u think about that
heres couple examples how I know.
When I asked for glass balustrades from builder they charged with $10,000 with timber rails! It cost me $3000 with stainless rails
Ducted aircon they wanted $15500 it cost me $7500.

I will request your tiler/ staircase tradies / plasterers details etc from you when I come closer to that point. You are so lucky you had great contacts and found great prices for all the above. We may end up paying extra $$ even if we get them done by outside contractor though we hope it'll be still cheaper than the builder quotes...
newwyhouse2233
Oh i forgot to add, do you mind me asking if it was alot to get all the windows square set?

I think square set windows and square set ceilings are included in emporium package.
Hi all Fowler Home house owners, i received a price estimation for Paris 32 from one of the agent. The base price with emporium package is 386k which already has great inclusions. Now is looks like the additional cost the base price is like 60-70k without facade change.

Can please look at thd price estimate and comment on this? Does this look reasonable/ expected?

I have to include facade cost, staircase upgrade, some long full lengh window upgrade, etc. also need to do tiles, landscaping and rendering after handover. All these excluded, how can the cost be 60-70k higher on top of base price?

Please help me understand...
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

15/09/2023
Fowler Homes - disappointment?

Building A New House

Anyone built with Fowler Homes? Feedback? Especially any things concerning or negatives? Have heard some horror…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum