Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

HGWA First Home Build - Ocean Road Estate

Page 17 of 21
Looks gorgeous! So nice to see another completely open ensuite!

Re window coverings, I'm thinking either plantation shutters or a double roller blind with the sheer and night block out

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Is the wall in the scullery / laundry the wall where the pipe was half covered in your earlier photos?
A plantation shutter would look nice in the bathroom?

The stone in the kitchen is incredible! LOVE IT!
Plantation shutters for sure!

Mon
I have gone for the aluminium white shutters in our ensuite. They are good in the bathroom apparently and they are cheaper.
We went with ABC blinds I think they have 25 percent off at the moment.
We were going to go with white pvc blinds.
Your house is looking amazing. Love the toilet door and your kitchen bench.

Thanks everyone
I had planned shutters all along but then started questioning them a bit when I became aware of how many options there are. Ugh, windows are doing my head in lol I can't believe how expensive they are! I.e. 3k for sheers just in the living room. You can get them for 20 bucks at ikea

Yup that wall is where that pipe was sticking out. I'm so glad they are sorting the issue now before handover!

$3,000 for sheer curtains !?!?
oh my freaking god.

MrsJM
$3,000 for sheer curtains !?!?
oh my freaking god.

safe to say we will be looking else where to find cheaper ones!
I think the ones from freedom look really nice. 3k is so much! I'm getting quotes done for shutters and roller blinds through iseekblinds and then will do sheers on our alfresco door.
Your ensuite looks amazing!

Agee with Kellie 100%

ak11
I think the ones from freedom look really nice. 3k is so much! I'm getting quotes done for shutters and roller blinds through iseekblinds and then will do sheers on our alfresco door.

I'm definitely going to check out Freedom
I'm just a bit worried about the alfresco stackers as I don't think any pre made sheers and rails will be wide enough. I'm hoping that if I buy a few they can just bunch up next to each other and you won't notice it's separate curtains next to one another? I will probably wait and buy them when we are in so we can return them if they don't work out lol.

I think I may email them for some quotes too! I'm sure you save a lot ordering online but I'm nervous we will screw them up haha. Surely they can't be too hard to install
kellie_87
Your ensuite looks amazing!

sandy19
Agee with Kellie 100%

Thank you
Can't wait to decorate it!
So we got some rather sh*t news today!

PCI is supposed to be now (well our SS actually said it would be mid April at our tile meeting) and is now going to be delayed for another 2-3 weeks. Our SS has unfortunately been in a car accident and the replacement SS is trying to play catch up - apparently some of our materials were damaged in the accident. Poor bloke - hope he's okay!

But the main issue for the delay is that our bathroom power point does not comply with the distance between the shower screen? So now they are going to have to relocate our power point which is going to cause all sorts of delays! Otherwise we can 're-hand the shower screen door' (not sure what this actually means). Can't believe they are saying this now though - you would think they would check electrical requirements before installation. Pretty sure this power point was standard in the original house plan.

So unlucky
Oh no!
That's terrible news about your SS - I really hope he's okay. But it also sounds like they told you that so you would go easy on them on the next issue.....?

That is so frustrating about the ppt. Do they maybe mean you could change the way your shower door swings. Although can't see how that would solve the issue. That's going to be a pain in the butt with your full height tiling
Hopefully they can sort it quickly.
ak11
Oh no!
That's terrible news about your SS - I really hope he's okay. But it also sounds like they told you that so you would go easy on them on the next issue.....?

That is so frustrating about the ppt. Do they maybe mean you could change the way your shower door swings. Although can't see how that would solve the issue. That's going to be a pain in the butt with your full height tiling
Hopefully they can sort it quickly.

I know - definitely the impression I got too

Yeah I'm not sure how that would solve the issue either but it was their mistake so they will have to rectify it. I don't know why they are only discovering this now though? So frustrating! She is trying to get us to change the shower door so it's less work for them.

Thank you! Hopefully it won't take too long to fix.
How are things going Jas? Have you got an actual PCI date yet?
ak11
How are things going Jas? Have you got an actual PCI date yet?

No updates unfortunately
our last email from the 4th said that PCI will be 3-4 weeks away.

Hopefully this doesn't change this time and there won't be too many issues to fix after PCI as we are hoping to move in between the 18th-26th of June while Jason is home - if not we will have to wait another month
Oh, how annoying! Fingers crossed you have handover and are able to move in prior to Jason going back to work.
So exciting!!
Thankyou - fingers crossed! Can't wait! Hope everything keeps moving at a good speed with your house!

Calling all adairs lovers - found a discount code which gives you $30 off when you spend $70! Paired with your linen lovers discount and 30% off its an awesome saving!! Code is 'pacmag30'

Related
18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

16/06/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Sadly no movement on site since soak wells went in. There are also missing/wrong storm water drains which need to be sorted, along with a broken pipe. Plumbing has been…

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum