Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Metricon Liberty - Hampshire 45 QLD

Page 15 of 90
That's so quick Dulie, very happy for you

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
viewtopic.php?t=82846
Another full day of work. Looks like they have managed to install the roof sarking, just in time as well cause it just rained! Hopefully no rain tomorrow so they can start laying the tiles.

Seems like decent weather today. Hope they're getting the roof tiles on for your house right now

It's funny you say that... Look what I just saw! =D Very happy they finished it before xmas close.

That's amazing!! They got it all done within a day! At least now your frames will have some protection from the rain over the next weeks.

Hi All,

dulie, I've been enjoying your post. Looks like you are making some great progress.

I'm at contract stage with Metricon Hampshire as well but in Melb.

Just wondering what was your final contract price for the build?
Hi Renman,

Glad you're enjoying the read.

Final contract price was around $550k. This doesn't include carpet for upstairs, cabinetry for the WIR's and entertainment rooms, no outdoor deck, no drive way or portico, no curtains or blinds and no landscaping. We plan to get all that done post hand over.

Base house price was $380k plus we also got a $45k studio M spending spree as a promotion, yet we still went over our initial intended budget. So yeah, as you can see it's pretty easy to get carried away with upgrades.

Hope that helps and good luck with your build!
Hi Dulie,

I think we may have gone a little overboard with your upgrade at the moment. So far we are close to $872K where the base was $428K.

We will are planning to take carpet, floorboard and a few other smaller items off the list and do them post handover as it seems the censes here that it will be cheaper.

Also i'm questioning if the Actron duct air-con is worth getting or not? (Suggestion welcome!)

Just wondering if anyone here is building the Hampshire 45 Provincial in Melb?

Would love to hear from you and get your view on your build.

Ta
Wow that's gonna be one amazing house you're building! This was the base prices in April last year (2016).

So Provincial would have been $415k up here.

You must share your journey, I would love to see what you're upgrading, must be an amazing array of goodies!

Here are a couple of others that are on the forum (Liberty/Hampshire seems to be the same house):

VistaDream - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=79486
Quirmeball1280 - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=82846
sophiefirminger - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83349
NthHome - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85396
That's an expensive house!!! But looking really nice.
Renman
Hi Dulie,

I think we may have gone a little overboard with your upgrade at the moment. So far we are close to $872K where the base was $428K.

We will are planning to take carpet, floorboard and a few other smaller items off the list and do them post handover as it seems the censes here that it will be cheaper.

Also i'm questioning if the Actron duct air-con is worth getting or not? (Suggestion welcome!)

Ta

Wow, your house must have a lot of structural upgrades and goodies!
At least you seem to know your costs upfront which is good. When we signed our contract in Sydney, we only had a base cost and some provisional sums. Then we went to the Studio M sessions and spent about $100k more

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Oh my, it will be some mansion for that price!!
Ouch! That's a massive upgrade. My base price.. was sort of 159k, I spent 9k on upgrades..and there were additional site costs and a front fence.. total build price (including driveway, flooring, etc) was $180k. So your prices are giving me heart palpitations.. super jelly though, your houses are going to be amazzzing.
Agreed with everyone, Renman you must share your journey with us, please start a build thread!
Wow Renman that's some upgrade! Hope you start a thread soon. It's going to be amazing
dulie
Agreed with everyone, Renman you must share your journey with us, please start a build thread!

Hi All,

Thanks guys for the feedback.

We have had a lot of sit down moments when you each time we get a revision of the variation. We may have upgraded way too much and the site cost that they estimated which was way way under as well.

The journey has been long, sign up back on 30th June and we are about to get our contract in 3 weeks. Have had heaps of issues with out scheduled appointments so far and still waiting for our tile appointment once the contract is sign which is pain.

I'll try and start my own post and list what i upgraded.
Quirmeball1280
Renman
Hi Dulie,

Ta

At least you seem to know your costs upfront which is good. When we signed our contract in Sydney, we only had a base cost and some provisional sums. Then we went to the Studio M sessions and spent about $100k more

viewtopic.php?t=82846

The issue we had was that we signed our contract at the start of July and didn't our first electrical appointment till Oct 21st.

Then our internal appointment on Nov 8th and the external 1 1/2 week after that.

During that time we made more changes and when we got the updated variations we where over $800K.

Then i discovered this forum and read through the list of things/reminders that I should do Ie Sliding doors should have the recess. This means more variations to come.

Just one question for everyone - Once you singed the final contract, can you make changes/variations easily?
Renman
Quirmeball1280
Renman
Hi Dulie,

Ta

viewtopic.php?t=82846

The issue we had was that we signed our contract at the start of July and didn't our first electrical appointment till Oct 21st.

Then our internal appointment on Nov 8th and the external 1 1/2 week after that.

During that time we made more changes and when we got the updated variations we where over $800K.

Then i discovered this forum and read through the list of things/reminders that I should do Ie Sliding doors should have the recess. This means more variations to come.

Just one question for everyone - Once you singed the final contract, can you make changes/variations easily?

Hi Renman,

It seems the ability to make variations post contract depends on your CSC and whether you are going via private certification or council approval. I had to get Council approval which cost me 4 months and now up to variation no.23. So they were fairly accommodating and I didn't have to pay a single $1500 charge. What I did was post contract sign, I would try to whittle down as many of the provisional amounts as possible and one by one or get credits for things. Each time they raised a variation, I'd then slap on a few extra changes.

I look forward to reading your build thread too.

Just a small point regarding rebating your external sliding doors. If you are doing hardwood flooring post handover, there is no need to rebate since the floor will be about 40mm on top of the slab. I had a rebate in my contract and then once I advised them I was doing my own flooring, M gave me a credit for the rebates.

You also asked whether it is worth getting Actron Air con? I'm not sure what your alternatives are but I would say yes in Sydney anyway. It seems M here in NSW have recently changed suppliers from Daikin to Fujitsu. If I were you, I'd take your plans and go and get a quote from an after market aircon installer. You might just get the ducting done by M and have the aircon unit installed post handover and come out ahead.

Cheers Nom

Newhaven 36 by M
Blog - North Shore Newhaven (http://nsnewhaven.blogspot.com.au)
Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85092
nomnomnom
Renman
Quirmeball1280
[quote="Renman"]Hi Dulie,

Ta

viewtopic.php?t=82846

Hi Renman,

It seems the ability to make variations post contract depends on your CSC and whether you are going via private certification or council approval. I had to get Council approval which cost me 4 months and now up to variation no.23. So they were fairly accommodating and I didn't have to pay a single $1500 charge. What I did was post contract sign, I would try to whittle down as many of the provisional amounts as possible and one by one or get credits for things. Each time they raised a variation, I'd then slap on a few extra changes.

I look forward to reading your build thread too.

Just a small point regarding rebating your external sliding doors. If you are doing hardwood flooring post handover, there is no need to rebate since the floor will be about 40mm on top of the slab. I had a rebate in my contract and then once I advised them I was doing my own flooring, M gave me a credit for the rebates.

You also asked whether it is worth getting Actron Air con? I'm not sure what your alternatives are but I would say yes in Sydney anyway. It seems M here in NSW have recently changed suppliers from Daikin to Fujitsu. If I were you, I'd take your plans and go and get a quote from an after market aircon installer. You might just get the ducting done by M and have the aircon unit installed post handover and come out ahead.

Cheers Nom

Newhaven 36 by M
Blog - North Shore Newhaven (http://nsnewhaven.blogspot.com.au)
Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85092[/quote]

Hi Nom

Thanks for your reply.

What is the standard process with M is it private certification or council approval? I wasn't aware that there was a different option? What's the benefits of either option? Sorry for my lack of knowledge

We are looking to get solid parquetry herringbone put in post handover which is only 19mm thick. Does this mean that we still need the rebating?

We have been quoted $27k for the phase three Actron aircon with 8 zones.

My concerns there is that they only have Actron at the moment, and there hasn't been many reviews on how well the unit works with cooling and heating.

If we were to get M to provide the duct and to do it post handover. How then the installer would need access to the roof to install the unit.

Thanks again.

Sorry if the questions sounds stupid.

Renman
Hi Dulie,

Ta

Hi Renam,

I have an actron air system included in my home also. There were different systems available and I opted for the 4 zone system which was a 26K upgrade. The more zones the more expensive it will be. If I could turn back time I would probably just get 2 zones. One for upstairs and one for downstairs to save money.

400K upgrade is quite a bit. I paid 350K on upgrades and that's so I could match the display home as much as possible.
You might get a nasty surprise come your tile/floor appointment as that's done after contract signing. Did you consider picking a home from the signature range as it might be more cost effective?
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum