Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

ADH - custom KDR in Clearview. Countdown to handover!!

Page 14 of 21
Going colorbond roof in monument.
Yeah, we've talked to the lounge places about warehouse storage and manufacture time. Dh doesn't mind moving with our old furniture, but I want to start with new stuff.
Going colorbond roof in monument.
Yeah, we've talked to the lounge places about warehouse storage and manufacture time. Dh doesn't mind moving with our old furniture, but I want to start with new stuff.
looks good. once the roof is on and its wrapped its a lot easier to see the amount of light your windows will give as well.
Currently thinking of the Salvador in a 2 and 3 seater. Will give us room to have a nice ottoman which can also fit room for a few bums if needed.

Starting to plan the landscaping. We bought this "big red" as it is drought tolerant, native and fast growing. Apparently will be 4m in 4 years! Looking forward to the shade and privacy

So nothing much has been happening so dh rang the ss. Apparently the roof should have been on for a week (not even delivered yet). Looks like this might have a bad flow on as other trades have been scheduled for this week, but can't do anything until roof is on. Hoping that this should get sorted quickly.

Also getting excited about buying a lounge. 99% sure we'll get the Salvador lounge. Freedom have a deal where you get a free interior designer if you spend 3000 on store (easily done) which includes a 1 hour discussion on site then an hour in store to look at their stuff. I get it is a great way to on sell their stuff, but if it is free, doesn't hurt especially as we are unsure what colour leather to go with our flooring etc. Plus I might get dh on board with a few pillows and this etc. If we don't spent the 3000, it costs 150 for this, so that isn't too bad. And she'll make a mood board for us to help us know what style and colours we like
I've seen so many beautiful interiors in here and have no idea where to start myself

Disappointing to hear about a delay, frustrating beyond belief when that happens ! We were told there would be a delay to get a bricklayer, my rough guess is about a month of probably little to no action once our windows are in this week but we don’t mind so long as they warn you and give a decent reason.

We have also been drawing our living area and making furniture fit which included a trip to Freedom last weekend haha not a priority for us though initially.
I'm such an impatient person! so building is not a good exercise for me.
I get that there are delays, but it is the communication (or lack of) that frustrates me as it leads to inefficiencies and double handling.

But on the positive side - we've been told that current delays won't affect PCI date. We were initially told 6 months post slab and our SS told us that is for turn-key properties and would include extras like landscaping. So it is possible, we may be in by end of August rather than mid September which was my initial calculations (slab poured mid March).

Heard a few delays with brickies at the moment - hope your wait goes quickly.
Plumber had been working hard today. Looks like gas has been connected to the house too.
And our gutters and fascias are delivered. Still waiting on the roof though

Something is happening today... Can't wait to go back tonight to look

Gutters up. And lots of plumbing in. Very muddy here at the moment, but don't use my sliding doors to wipe your feet

Delivery day. Doesn't look like much is there.

There's a roof (almost)

Congrats on the progress !! Looking good !!
Had lots of fun at freedom - love the pentagon ottomans which I think the boys will love. And I think we've found our kitchen pendants.
Sadly a few broken windows, but should be easy fix
The electrical fix looks good and we think we have enough power points. Roof still not finished, but we love how it is coming together

looks good. you will have walls up before you know it
hopefully in the next 2 weeks according to the ss. I think there are 2 houses ahead of us for the brickies, so just need to keep fx for good weather and no other delays
The aircon up. Roof nearly finished. Think the brick cokour look good with the roof, but can't wait to see them up

Nawsome
The aircon up. Roof nearly finished. Think the brick cokour look good with the roof, but can't wait to see them up

Wow forging ahead, ours has stalled until our SS can secure a bricklayer.
Hope your ss can find a brickie soon. It's was saying that wet weather really delays them as the bricks get heavier when wet so they can only go up so far when laying them to keep the mortar even. So hoping for lots of dry weather at the moment

Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum