Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Henley Reserve (MainVue)- Aegean 38

Page 14 of 29
Oh wow. That’s annoying that they didn’t fix them in time. Does that mean you need another inspection?
Hope they sort the rest out soon.

This coming weather is a worry.

Is that a birds nest? Lol

Hope they put the plasterboard inside at least.
We're not getting a re-inspection as there has been enough done that the rest will remain until pre-plaster.

Most of the plaster is in the middle of the top floor under the roof but there is some in the back family room, where there is no roof. But we'll see what happens with the rain.

Yep that's a birds next - made me laugh - I should charge them rent..... lol

Where are you at did, you get your inspection report yet?
Rachael13
We're not getting a re-inspection as there has been enough done that the rest will remain until pre-plaster.

Most of the plaster is in the middle of the top floor under the roof but there is some in the back family room, where there is no roof. But we'll see what happens with the rain.

Yep that's a birds next - made me laugh - I should charge them rent..... lol

Where are you at did, you get your inspection report yet?

That’s good that you don’t need to pay for yet another inspection.

Hopefully they move the plaster before any rain.

Lol. They set up home fast.

No report yet. I called this afternoon and confirmed they had inspected and were doing the report. It taking so long, that’s worrying. How many issues did they find. 😬
Went for a fly by this morning - didn't take pics but the top windows are in.

We can see that the exposed rio is still in need of repair.

Hubby said that the chippys were on site yesterday fixing some of the framing.

Will have to see what the progress on Monday. Gonna enjoy this weekend and not worry about the house..... well try to anyway.
Rachael13
Went for a fly by this morning - didn't take pics but the top windows are in.

We can see that the exposed rio is still in need of repair.

Hubby said that the chippys were on site yesterday fixing some of the framing.

Will have to see what the progress on Monday. Gonna enjoy this weekend and not worry about the house..... well try to anyway.

Any updates today? I did the same thing this weekend, put the whole house thing out of my mind.
Not much happening on site that is visible from photos
Electrical rough in has started. Issues list is still being worked thru.

The house was an island from all the rain over the weekend and more brick were delivered so there a piles around the house now.

Will wait for the update from hubby today, I'm hoping that the house will be wrapped up soon and sand will be delivered.

It's interesting tho as we have not received our next invoice, so I'm guessing that the frame has not been signed off yet. I'm happy with that as I would like to see the roof fixed as that is out of alignment.

If I get pics today, I'll upload tonight.

Happy Wednesday everyone.
Rachael13
Not much happening on site that is visible from photos
Electrical rough in has started. Issues list is still being worked thru.

The house was an island from all the rain over the weekend and more brick were delivered so there a piles around the house now.

Will wait for the update from hubby today, I'm hoping that the house will be wrapped up soon and sand will be delivered.

It's interesting tho as we have not received our next invoice, so I'm guessing that the frame has not been signed off yet. I'm happy with that as I would like to see the roof fixed as that is out of alignment.

If I get pics today, I'll upload tonight.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

We're very similar at the moment. Waiting to hear re frame report. Things going on inside that are hard to see and a wet muddy site.

Unfortunately we did get our invoice )o:

Hope your issues get sorted soon and the house gets wrapped up.
I haven't updated in a while as I'm actually just over this build and simply put, the unprofessionalism of Henley.

I read along that the way that I have a great SS but I'm yet to see this. Maybe this is due to us doing a rebuild and it is just easier for him to work where all the action is at a new estate. But the perception that we have is that our house is just being neglected, and he is not checking on the tradies to ensure that the job is being built to specifications of the plan. Seriously how can you stuff up a roof

As the site supervisor it is his job to SUPERVISE the site. I know that if I didn't follow up with my staff and the job that they do, then I would have to answer to my incompetence as a manager.

Don't get me wrong, he's great at organised materials to get to site and tradies. It's the workmanship that is in question.

We have been told yesterday by our admin, to book our pre plaster inspection for 12 Dec, so this gives me 2 days to organise this even though I have asked on each inspection for more time to organised these.

Not sure how this can be achieved as according to Henley member site the house is meant to have bricks laid. Ummm house is not wrapped yet!

Rant over - time for me to work.
How frustrating. Like you said it doesn't sound like he's actually keeping track of things or even knows what is going on onsite )o:

Funny thing, we've been watching a build down the road from ours. They demolished a few weeks before us and went really quickly, slab, frame, roof, windows, doors, house wrapped etc..... Bricks and sand were delivered to side and have sat there since. Nothing happened for a few weeks. Then we saw plaster board delivered and could see through the garage that it was put up. Since then I've occasionally seen kitchen vans etc on site. Still no bricks up. Seems very strange especially with Melbourne weather to be progressing and still not have bricks up. We're wondering if there is a problem with stock of the bricks they chose or finding trades.
It’s a shortage of Brickies Bri!

Ezza - not sure how it can be a shortage of brickies when mine is meant to be bricked between now and my inspection on Tuesday.
Oh I don’t know Rachel, we are building with Hebel, I just noticed lots of people building in Victoria have had delays waiting for brick layers to be available.

Yeah I'm not sure about the brickie shortage either. SS mentioned the other day that he expected to have brickies on site on Friday (today). I'm not sure if that is happening yet with the weather again.
Bri - I have my spy on duty today - just waiting from him to tell me what if anything is going on at the house.

I'm also going to do a flyby at lunch
Rachael13
Bri - I have my spy on duty today - just waiting from him to tell me what if anything is going on at the house.

I'm also going to do a flyby at lunch

lol

I'm waiting for the roofing guys to go so that I can go and take some pics. There's like 7 guys up on our roof at the moment.
You know what the call people like you and I............ stalkers 😳😳😳😳😳
Rachael13
You know what the call people like you and I............ stalkers 😳😳😳😳😳

LOL
Interesting day today.

SS responded to my text and called me. He advised that he was going to be at our build today and if Hubby was available, he could go over a few items with him. Thankfully hubby was in the area and was able to be onsite in the 10 minutes notice that we were given. SS did apologise for the short notice.

We will be getting a reverse build as in, plaster will be installed and bricks completed as soon as they can, so our pre-plaster inspection won't include bricks. The slab issues have been remediated, so we have been told and we can see from the ones that we understand and are aware of. I'm still questioning the side of the garage where the frame sits about 4cms inside the slab. Some of this has been chipped away but we have been advised that this is now intolerance.

Inspection is fully booked for 12 Dec with Darbecca and Lindsay will be onsite for this. SS will attend if he can make in but has another commitment prior. SS expects any issues from this inspection to be fixed by Thursday of next week and I will complete a walk thru of our full build on Friday afternoon as I have this time off work.

So quick flyby of the house and its getting wrapped up, but there is an issue with the site as it's too wet. Yeap sticky sucky, sinking into, clay soil is not for the tradies and I don't blame them, so not sure if the house is gonna be fully wrapped up or just the top and bits where they can get to without sinking down in to the quicksand type surroundings.

Pics are of the 'gooping' of the windows in the morning yesterday and what it looked like in the afternoon.

House being wrapped at midday

Electrical and plumbing rough in nearly completed.

Am now exhausted after today.

Happy weekend everyone.
A very big day for you today. So much happening. Looks great wrapped up.

You are still just ahead of us, lol.
So do they wrap it to protect it from the elements until they do the bricks/hebel/boards etc?

Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum