Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Aveling Build - HappyTaurus :)

Page 13 of 15
Man I am sooooooooo over it all!
delay on delay on delay... Do not know how people survive this - Leanne your my hero! Your waitin time is unreal! Where are my plans!!!!!!!!!
I don't even look at the forum anymore - just over it all! Wish I had bought established!
Oh I saw the happy Taurus
and thought it was all good news. I hear you and I feel your pain but it WILL be worth it.
Call June and demand some action - in a polite way. You will get action.
Btw how was Bali????? Are you nicely tanned and distressed?
Apart from the building thing of course.
oh no... once it gets started you'll forget abut the frustration

Hope they deliver some good news soon!!
Oh HT. I promise the admin stage starts to fade away once construction begins xxx
Ok I believe you guys as I know you both endure some terrible admin side o things... I will get my patient boots back on

SB - Bali was amazing - the warm weather was exactly way we needed! Tanned and relaxed
i so need a holiday
SERIOUSLY! i just cant handle it... i need to run away and hide under a rock!

I finish work to give my more time with my daughter, getting fit and healthy again and of course to look after the build! really wish i hadnt then i would have an excuse to why i feel so overwelmingly stressed the $%^^ out!...

i have had a somewhat terrible week - starting on Sunday when my back was sore, which led to me going to the doctors and being put on anti inflammatories... nothing helped and then 3 nights without any sleep and argony starting to go down my arm and neck was stuffed now and nothing helping the pain i tried going to the chiro - turns out i had 3 dislocated ribs at the back (i stupidly didnt even know it could dislocate at the back)... aparantly explained why it hurt to breathe the whole time... im on the road to recovery now but it could explain why when I had to deal with my builder this week i was slightly more irratable than usual... well thats what im telling myself buuuuttttttt
so aside for constantly asking WHERE is our addenda?!?!?!? still nothing since our 2nd pre start... which was on the 10 or so of June!... over a month ago!

finally we get on Tuesday - first thing I notice... a different garage door to what we picked... so easy " no worries we will email you the correct addenda"

2 days later while i have already gone over everything else new addenda turns up - completely full of mistakes - electrical plans heaps missing, garage door is still incorrect and then because we are providing our own tiles the tile costing is a complete shambles! 1 example is that they added a variation cost for something that was mentioned at pre start but she had a referal to an email that i replied to her when she asked ONCE AGAIN to confirm tile selections and placement!

I struggle to look at this forum at the moment because its a little heart breaking! but i do check in and have mini celebrations before being completely jealous lol - i know you all have been through the darkness too but i just needed to get this off my chest!

COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY SO ANGRY!! AND JUST DEVASTATED!
Omg it's like deja vu. Waiting a month for addenda and it being full of mistakes. This is point I was in their office and burst into tears and had mini meltdown to my CCA. I really feel for you as I really remember that stage. Complete hell! *hugs*
So sorry to hear you're not well and having problem with your build
Oh no not you too HT, sooooo annoying!!!!!! I thought it would all be ok this time.
You will get through this but this time admittedly is Bl.oody AWFUL!!!!!!

Sending big well wishes for your back too
Wow I really feel for all you guys (SB, LeanneR et al) I just can't believe how long the admin side takes (there must be a reason for delaying the building as long as they do)
Lame lame lame lame

Stomp feet loudly I say
I think when it comes to building, the expression
'Nice guys finish last' rings pretty true.
I can think of plenty more expressions too, but I'll leave it at that

I also never new you could dislocate a rib?! Crazy!

Hope things turn the corner and improve soon

My build: viewtopic.php?t=62001
Happytaurus, you poor thing! There's a few of us who know exactly how you feel. I think it was something stupid like 2 months from prestart before we got our final plans - and then there were still mistakes to correct.....costing, wrong items, etc. They would fix one thing each time but not everything - so there was a lot of frustrating back and forth. The worst part if it was that our prestart lady got frustrated with us for all the back and forth...but the mistakes were coming from HER end!! Did she want us to just let the mistakes go through to the keeper?? I don't ruddy think so!!

Yeegads, just typing about it now is making me angry - and we're well past that stage. I guess I still have residual latent rage

Hang in there...though it's hard to believe right now, once you get to the building stage and things start happening on your block the bad feelings DO disappear. It's just a matter of hanging in there until then. To be fair to Aveling, they're not the only builder struggling with issues of timeframe, inefficiency, communication and mistakes at the moment...there are others.

Lean on us for support, we'll help you through the angry days!!
Oh momomo you are protecting them just like I was. It's all like déjà vue.
But its true, once you finally get to site you are so excited you could forgive A N Y T H I N G

I do remember the anger I felt at HT's stage and the frustration at being li.ed to on numerous occasions. That was actually the part that upset me the most, there was no need for that and I had proof that it was BS that I was being fed.

But I love Jacebs comments about nice guys finish last. Wonder what other comments he was holding off on?
Do tell

Don't be upset HT, we are all here for you. Just vent and you'll feel better.
The squeaky wheel gets the oil?

My build: viewtopic.php?t=62001
HappyTaurus I feel your pain!!!

We bought our block October 2012 it now feels like a life time ago....
We have have been looking at our plans and colours selections for so long that we are starting to second guess everything
Now I don't even look at the plans unless I have to

I keep going out to the block and think a couple more weeks and then weeks turn to months...

I know good things come to those who wait....but it gets to the point where it's just not funny anymore

During the school holidays we are keeping ourselves busy with some final selections tiling and driveway as we have deleted these from our contract. This has given us new found motivation but also additional frustration with us second guessing our decisions we made months ago (Prestart was in March) and time on our hands to obsess about the house starting soon and our colour selections etc...

Sometimes it's nice to have others that understand your frustration and help count the days until you eventually get your pad down.
I turned up unannounced at the office on Monday and found out my consultant is on 1 or 2 weeks annual leave.... Furious as its nearly been 2 months since meeting up with her but 3 months since my first pre start and still being sent the wrong addenda - thankfully the manager stepped in the absence of my consultant and asked i go back in after she had a chance to look over my documents!
Went back in and my faith had been restored in aveling again - even mike aveling came in to see me and is personally overseeing it - wow! One of the main concerns I had is the garage door - I was promised that although not their standard supplier they could get the one I wanted... It's actually one that redink provide - the daintree wooden look garage door... So in a special case they are allowing me to do that myself after handover...

Has anyone done this before? Also do you think it's a good idea to do so to save money... I can go back and choose another one I'm set on the above one but I just don't want to not think of the what if
But ultimately I am happy with everything I had been shown and told and selections corrected! And been told I will have my updated plans from drafting within the week
You just have to be careful with doing something like your garage door yourself as you may find the credit you receive from the builder will not cover the cost of another door!

We credited all our tiling and driveway and the credit will not cover getting the same tiles and pavers laid ourselves. But because we are upgrading our selections and doing full height tiles etc the builder would of charge a crazy amount for our upgrades it also means we can have whatever tiles and pavers we want which are all outside of the builders range...

So if you have your heart set on a certain garage door it will mean you can get it but... Be prepared for a shortfall in what the builder gives you.. They will credit only what they can buy the door for wholesale and you will have to pay retail price for it
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum