Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

Page 11 of 109
Yeah old houses tend to have awesome wooden floors. Back in the day when real wood was the only thing available, unlike nowadays, all manufactured goods unless you pay an arm and leg for the real deal!
vuster
My dining table I ordered is being made out of Vic Ash which I understand is another name for Tasmanian Oak. 4K just for the table so it definitely has some value!

We love hand made natural wood furniture as well. Have solid Jarrah tables, cabinets with Jarrah and Bird eye timber.

It matches our Victorian Weatherboard home at the moment, not sure how it's going to be in a Modern Provincial with grey and white colour template in the new home.

dulie
Yeah old houses tend to have awesome wooden floors. Back in the day when real wood was the only thing available, unlike nowadays, all manufactured goods unless you pay an arm and leg for the real deal!

We are carrying our love of natural timber in our Herringbone floorboard.

just sand them back and stain them with a colour that matches the home. Maybe a dark chocolate colour.
vuster
just sand them back and stain them with a colour that matches the home. Maybe a dark chocolate colour.

Oh no. We don't stain our timber. It's all natural and is only coated with bees wax.

The jarrah is already a dark brown colour.

Hmm i wouldn't mind trying to reuse or sell off some of my old house but don't you have to worry about asbestos?

We tried to sell and give away parts from our old solid brick 1950's house and it was a nightmare.
Lots of interest from the advertising, but then people didn't turn up or they would arrange times to come and collect and then never show. Most of our house just went to waste which was really sad. We sold the kitchen and that was it. Couldn't even give the beautiful tassie oak floor boards away! Crazy!!!
Demo company came in and did a lot of salvage so no doubt they made money on it!

Metro 32 KDRB Bayside Melbourne
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84012
emmyawards
Hmm i wouldn't mind trying to reuse or sell off some of my old house but don't you have to worry about asbestos?

Not when you give away the things we did. Asbestos is mainly in walls and ceilings.

JLH222
We tried to sell and give away parts from our old solid brick 1950's house and it was a nightmare.
Lots of interest from the advertising, but then people didn't turn up or they would arrange times to come and collect and then never show. Most of our house just went to waste which was really sad. We sold the kitchen and that was it. Couldn't even give the beautiful tassie oak floor boards away! Crazy!!!
Demo company came in and did a lot of salvage so no doubt they made money on it!

Metro 32 KDRB Bayside Melbourne
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84012

It's sad to see things go to waste, even thou we never lived in this house as it was always a rental house.

Demo company mainly want the bricks and nothing else.

The new Liberty 42 house around the corner from us went on sale today. Couldn't help myself, had a quick and took some pics of the niche. Lol

I have become Niche obsessed.

Guest bedroom niche.

Master

Bathroom

Renman
The new Liberty 42 house around the corner from us went on sale today. Couldn't help myself, had a quick and took some pics of the niche. Lol

I have become Niche obsessed.

Guest bedroom niche.

Master

Bathroom

Very nice. I hope all mine look like that.

Looks like they have followed the same recipe for my house. They all look great =)
dulie
Looks like they have followed the same recipe for my house. They all look great =)

Dulie,

If only my pockets were deeper I would get this.

If my pockets were deeper, i'd go the opposite, as in even bigger tiles! 1000x1000!!!!
Hey where is this place renman?

dulie
If my pockets were deeper, i'd go the opposite, as in even bigger tiles! 1000x1000!!!!

At Beaumont Tiles' show room it had a wall panel size tiles. Close to 2M x 1M

Special_K
Hey where is this place renman?

Special

It's at the Somerset in High St Glen Waverley.

I was there today to compared carpet samples to see what was a closet match to their dedicated display colour option.

This was a close match. Trying to find something to reduce their carpet quote price tag.

Renman, I got Godfrey hurst carpet from the carpet place in box hill on corner middleborough road and Whitehorse. 11k for whole house
vuster
Renman, I got Godfrey hurst carpet from the carpet place in box hill on corner middleborough road and Whitehorse. 11k for whole house

Wow that's a good price. Did you get a 80/20 wool?

I'll check it out today, we are trying to copy the display home.

Here you go. Ask to see harry and tell him Vu referred you. My friend referred me and she has used him a few times so he probably gave me a better price since he knew her.
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum