Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My Build: Bushmead with HGWA

Page 2 of 2
Won't be able to centre it without reducing that little entry bit into your master bed. If you're happy to lose the space, then definitely suggest it!
MorganJ93
Well then hello neighbour! I'm on 175. I live in Helena valley already so I try I drop by quite often even though it's the same piece of dirt as I saw the time before haha.
You're right HGWA has been good to deal with whilst in other parts of WA and have made it rather stress free. I think I'm just excited to see the pad and some walls up to see how everything is going to look.

Hey Rheezy,
Another fellow neighbour! How is your build going?

Hi Morgan

My wife and I are building in Bushmead also we are 167 seaplane road.
it looks like this is going to be a friendly neighbourhood.
Hi Morgan.
Any progress with your build?
Hey Matt,

It sure does! How is your build going?

And hey Lucy, well I had a few delays within the final documents process however today I got an email saying my earthworks are set to commence on Friday and the slab next week! Exciting!! How is everything going for you?
Our build is going well our roof cover went on just over a week ago, internal walls and render are due to start any day now.
Good to see that your build will be starting soon let the excitement begin. 😀
Hey Morgan

That's exciting! I will all go so quick now!
Our build is going well, roof and windows done and they are finishing off the plaster board at the moment! Lock up should be in the next couple of weeks.
Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in response I have being away at work!

Matt, Lucy how are you both going with the builds? Must both nearly be at lockup?

My earthworks have been finished for almost 2 weeks and still no pad... I suppose there must be some delays!

Also have either of you gone timber flooring? Trying to get some ideas of whether I should go with the tiling or floorboards...

Thanks
I wonder what the delay is? My slab went down within days of the earthworks :/
Yeah i'm not sure

I am hoping that when I past this afternoon I see some progress..

If not I may ask the question!
Also,

Has anyone done solid timber floors in their builds? Hoping to get a rough idea of pricing
MorganJ93
Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in response I have being away at work!

Matt, Lucy how are you both going with the builds? Must both nearly be at lockup?

My earthworks have been finished for almost 2 weeks and still no pad... I suppose there must be some delays!

Also have either of you gone timber flooring? Trying to get some ideas of whether I should go with the tiling or floorboards...

Thanks

Hi Morgan

we are getting close to lockup our ceilings were finished last week, we are now just waiting for our walls to be plastered (hopefully this week).
we chose to go with a wood laminate over tiles as both my wife and I are not the biggest fan of tiles in the living areas.

that can be frustrating having delays hopefully your pad will be put down soon once that Is done it should go up quickly
Hi Matt,

That's exciting! Getting close now.

Yeah that is my thought's as well. If you don't mind me asking- what did the laminate set you back?

I called up and asked the question and I have been told that the footings are being poured tomorrow (Friday) and the pad pour will be Saturday. Progress! Depending on the weather I might even go have a beer in the area where my living room will be on Sunday arvo
Hi Morgan
that's great news hope all went well and you have a slab now.
The wood laminate we chose was part of the builders standard range and didn't cost us any extra.
Hi Matt,

Well unfortunately I did not get a house pad over the weekend
The footings were completed Friday but due to the rain on Saturday morning they must have delayed the pour. Hopefully by this afternoon I will have one!

Oh that's a bonus! So many options to choose from..
MorganJ93
Hi Matt,

Well unfortunately I did not get a house pad over the weekend
The footings were completed Friday but due to the rain on Saturday morning they must have delayed the pour. Hopefully by this afternoon I will have one!

Oh that's a bonus! So many options to choose from..
Your house looks quite big from what they have layed out! My friends are building to the right of you so had a bit of a stalk over the weekend. Hopefully it goes down today!!

I was second guessing myself as to whether I made everything to small
it's hard to judge the size of the rooms without walls! Feel free to have a walk around whilst it progress's if you like.

One thing I was quite surprised about is the height of the pad.. Definitely opens up some options for front landscaping.. Some steps with lights might be an option!

Yeah I am hoping so! I'm off on holidays towards the end of this week so it would be a nice surprise to come home to the start of some walls.

How is your build going? Must be at lockup now or very close?
Almost at lock up.. just waiting for windows to go in.
Down here now and your slab is down!!! Congrats

Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum