Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Aspireon Build Eliza Ponds

Page 2 of 2
When we started this process one of our brickie friends mentioned after the brickwork is completed it will slow right down. So far we have been full steam ahead....rendering, white set, ceilings, doors, cabinetry, painting + they are due to commence our bathrooms this week. It feels like a dream I can't believe I get to live in this house. The builder told us to expect to be in ten weeks from lock up... the countdown is on. It will take us longer to move in...we have just paid the deposit for our hardwood floors which take about 3 weeks from start to finish.

Wow elevation looks great! Is that a a full skillion roof throughout the house? I am a fan of skillion roofs
Your build is looking great.
Quote:
Wow elevation looks great! Is that a a full skillion roof throughout the house? I am a fan of skillion roofs
Your build is looking great.

It's just through the living area. I had a quick peak at your build thread, your front elevation is beautiful too. Looks like we are at a similar stage in our build.

Looks amazing! well done!
Any updated pics Roscoes? Love the style of your house, flat roof at the front & skillion + highlight windows to the north living (need all the ideas I can get for our design!) - look forward on seeing it through to completion.
Lovely design and great progress.
Lots of progress on the house ATM.

The scaff is down and the front elevation looks great, I'm a little nervous that it is pretty plain with paint colours but we might add some tiles or cladding once we move in.

The tilers and electricians are in and finishing today...lots of delays due to some plumbing issues but we got there in the end.

Here are some updated photos

PVBuild
ny updated pics Roscoes? Love the style of your house, flat roof at the front & skillion + highlight windows to the north living (need all the ideas I can get for our design!) - look forward on seeing it through to completion.
If there are any specific photos you want let me know, If you're SOR there is another aspireon house similar to ours in Beaconsfield with the skillion roof and different front elevation with the roof still hidden by the brick work. Otherwise i can PM you some images
Following

First Build, Commodore Homes, Honeywood, Wandi.
viewtopic.php?t=77170
Thanks Roscoes for more pics - looking great.

I'm based in Melbourne, so if you do manage to get some pics of the other Aspireon with the different elevation I'd love to see it
September we had no progress and October the house was buzzing with trades.... November we now have keys Yay!! I really should have photos but we have our NSW blackbutt being installed and the driveway so I'll wait so it looks different to the previous images.

PCI was OK, we picked up the following but the builder agreed to fix. We didn't have an independent inspector.

Lots of plaster work - trowel marks, dents etc
Lots of render work
wrong dishwasher
Front elevation painted wrong
Extra light fitting hole that needed to be patched
Dent in master bedroom window
Gas bayonet missing
Kitchen sink drain wrong
Cracked pantry door
Corking on front capping
Garage door hitting springs on opening
Scratched door handles
and a few other minor things.
Congrats on keys!! Looking forward to seeing moved in photos
Final Inspection

Most things were fixed. We are still unhappy with the plaster work, our beautiful curved walls have trowel marks that run the length of the wall. Our supervisor isn't really budging on this as there is no Australian standard for plastering but as a builder they should have there own standards regardless. We are waiting on a response from the builder. We noticed our kitchen exhaust was missing the flume and our pre - lay electrical for the shed is missing but the builder is organising trades to come out.

I feel like this is the most stressful part now organising all our own trades and most probably blowing our budget.

We have sorted
flooring
exposed aggregate
brick fence
carpet

I still need to organise window coverings and wardrobe internals.
Love to see some updated pics when you get a chance, Roscoes. Pity about your curved wall - hope you can get resolution.
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum