Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

J & J Plantation Retreat - 18M Q2 - Augustine Heights

Page 2 of 3
hunk_ktm
Hi there neighbour,

Nice plan. Big lovely house. Its good to see another Augustine heights home owner here @homeone forum. A lots been happening over at that corner side of blocks. I have seen your build. We are building over at the current corner of the Kenneth Drive and Mark Colleridge street.
It will be nice to catchup and have a chat.

Hi Neighbour,

Thanks for the kind words. The kitchen has started and tiling should be done this week. Getting really close now, I will post some photos tomorrow.

Who are you building with? I am at the house most afternoons after work so it would be great to catch up and have a chat.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Yes sure, we can meet up. I have left you a pm.
Front door yet to be stained, Kitchen almost complete and painters are in! electrical to follow soon after. We are both busy now organising the flooring (timber) and coloured concrete driveway ( Julie hates exposed agg)

We have also decided to get a 7x2.5m lap pool which will work in with the outdoor alfresco. We plan on using glass balustrades which will double up as a feature.

Pics

our huge side by side shower

Pull out bin in island bench void

half completed kitchen

our alfresco area

Looking good! Love the idea of the ppull out bin drawer - wish i thought of that
we are tossing up between coloured concrete or stenciled driveway as well as we are not a fan of exp. agg either!
Jase_Dave
Looking good! Love the idea of the ppull out bin drawer - wish i thought of that
we are tossing up between coloured concrete or stenciled driveway as well as we are not a fan of exp. agg either!

Yes we loved the idea of the bin because it was using space from a kitchen void.

We are most likely going coloured concrete, we just think it makes such a difference to a new house.
Nice space utilization mate with that bin built inside kitchen void.
have you decided on any builder for your pool???
Looking awesome! I would like to go coloured concrete but hubby is all for exposed aggregate. Sigh!
Thanks guys, A family friend is doing the pool, he is doing all landscaping driveway paths etc and rendered brick wall for a feature. price was very reasonable as he has his own machinery. Not much more to update this week painters are still in. Once they are done I will post photos. We went with grand piano 1/2 for our wall colour, it's beautiful.
Hi Guys,

I need some advice,

Below is a photo of the front of the house, Originally we wanted the 4 pillars to be feature pillars and decided to have them painted in Namadji which is a very dark grey, The rest of the house including the returns into the porch was to be painted Praire dust.

I came to look at the house the other day and noticed planation has painted the pillars and the returns in namadji. Julie my partner really likes the way they have done it although incorrectly plantation told us straight away they would re paint it correctly.

My question to you is do you think it looks too dark? My partner is trying to convince me once the front deck, light coloured concrete driveway, nice green landscaping is done it will balance the colours?

The issue plantation has mentioned is if they repaint the returns in prairie dust and leave the pillars in namadji it will be very difficult to achieve a straight line at the corner of the pillars as the corner has 2 different colours.

Opinions Please!
IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/2r2bvvb.jpg[/IMG]
I really like it! It will make the end pillars plus your whole entry a feature! and once you add in a porch light at night it will look amazing
I think definitely keep the returns a darker colour, looks much better than just the face painted.

Doesn't seem to be too dark to me... from the photos looks like it matches your garage door. I think a deck with green plants in pots will really pop against that colour.
I was really worried at our colour section as we chose momument roof, gutters and momument garage door.

Thankfully its not as dark as I thought and with a nice light colored concrete driveway, pots, decking and lighting I am starting a feel a bit better
Another thing we completely overlooked was the alfresco slab height.

Originally we wanted to deck the alfresco but realized during the build that the step-down from inside to out was only 20mm! Simply not enough depth to add a deck so now we are tiling it and timber lining the roof.

Something to be mindful of.
I didn't realise you'd have a slab at all when decking... isn't decking just put on the ground usually?
depends. Some builders lower the slab height to suit
Can you post a photo of your alfresco when it's done? We're thinking if the same but I'm not sure how it will look with tiles and wood as opposed to two surfaces of wood.
Not a worry will do! Only a month till handover
Looking good Jordy!
Jordi can I ask what your build time is? We've got the plasterboard up and the bricking will hopefully be done mid next week. Our projected finish date is end of July. Hubby and I just don't understand that because that's still 4 months away! We've queried it but they've said it's their best guess at the minute. So weird....and stressing me out because we need to sign another rental lease soon and I just have a gut feeling they are over-estimating and we'll be stuck with our rental longer than we need to.
Related
31/12/2023
Backyard retreat or Granny Flat?

Renovation + Home Improvement

I think I know the answer but just checking to see if anyone has had experience with it. I want to build a small 20 square metre retreat in my backyard, it will have a…

26/10/2023
Queensland ceiling heights - help!

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

We bought a house in 2015 advertised as a 7/2/2, 4br up, 3br down (7br), and to date, it’s a great house. However, we’ve just had it valued and it’s come in as a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum