Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Show us your walk in robe!

Page 2 of 2
I am pretty sure I have shown our WIR before but here it is. I hate seeing clothes hanging so my robes are all behind doors.

Being Male, it is physically impossible for me to have any sort of opinion on something as mundane as a WIR.

But that is very impressive Kyton. A big scratch and sniff smiley sticker for you. Finally a room in which I could lock Ms Echo in, and she wouldnt mind.
Good Work
I agree, that looks amazing!
LOL Echo the only problem is the room doesn't have a door so no locking in!! That was part of the reason to close every cabinet - as it is the first thing you see walking into the main bedroom.
Hey Kyton.... Amazing and completely what I imagine for ours!!! Who did your fitout - was it your builder or did you do it post hand over??

We are still in construction, but similar to you, our WIR is the first thing you see and with no door as it's practically opposite the entry to our master.

I want it done properly, which will be post hand over. our dimensions are 3410mm x 2400mm.
OMG.... that is nothing short of AMAZING!!!!
Thanks everyone. We did the fit out ourselves using an ikea system. Our room is 3500 x 3500.
kyton
Thanks everyone. We did the fit out ourselves using an ikea system. Our room is 3500 x 3500.

Is that all ikea!?!? WOW!
Yep but they don't sell that model anymore but no doubt have something to substitute.

Wasn't cheap - around $4k from memory.
That's a good price for all of it!!!!! You would pay so much more for a fitout company to do that!!

I'm excited.... I have never been in to an ikea before so now I think I will have to.... I gather you go in with your measurements and you work out what modules fit??

Can you get them to install or do you have to do it yourself?
This is ours just after it was installed missing a couple of doors. This is a walk behind bed WIR and we have doors at the openings so that it hides things when you walk into room, everything else is open though. Our WIR is 4.8x2
Long side

Short side behind bed
Our DD has recently moved into their house-and she got both the WIR & WIP custom fitted by their kitchen company for less than $2k..her thread with pics is here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=56430&start=700
pretty good - price is good too - less than 2k
Related
9/04/2024
Proposed walk in linen

Renovation + Home Improvement

Do you really want to accommodate the window? What is on the outside of the window? Do you want to be able to see your towels from outside? I would blank the window from…

21/03/2024
Heated vertical towel rail at the end of a walk-in shower

Bathrooms and Laundry

Electrical just got back to me and said the most they can provide is a single power point on the Bedroom 1 side of that wall. After handover, your towel rail installer…

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum