Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

williams landing

Page 95 of 113
Might need to call and confirm, but I'd gather that a fibre trunk would be laid down Palmers Road for the estate.
I am so disappointed with the workman who making the road on Palmers. They have been using water from my front tap and step on my flowers and my plants. I rang Cedar woods but I don't know what Cedar woods will do.

Also I found dog poo on my driveway. Can everybody pick up their mess? PLEASE!!!
kingcy99
I am so disappointed with the workman who making the road on Palmers. They have been using water from my front tap and step on my flowers and my plants. I rang Cedar woods but I don't know what Cedar woods will do.

Also I found dog poo on my driveway. Can everybody pick up their mess? PLEASE!!!

Months ago, the workmen building one of the parks used water from my front garden tap. There was a long hose of something like 20 to 30 metres that went from my tap to the park. The site foreman claimed that it was their one and only time, and that they didn't take much. Also claimed that my builder gave them permission to do so. But hey, the builder wasn't paying for the water bills! I emailed Cedar Woods about it, but they ignored me.
badcliq
they had the camera detecting number plates, etc...caused a big jam!!

I saw the big jam as I was driving back from Lavo station and took Leakes road instead. Big mistake - it was even more chockablock with traffic (bumper to bumper back to the trash 'n treasure market). Sayers road seems to have bad traffic everyday, in the afternoon and evening. People tend to really dawdle along too, car takes off and the car behind it waits about five seconds to go and then crawls along. No wonder the traffic moves so slowly!

The only way around it is to duplicate Sayers road and the only way that'll ever happen is if the electorate is no longer a safe labor seat and they've got to actually do something to earn votes.
According to the PTV website, construction of the station platform commenced at the end of March, and from 27th April, beams will be installed for the overpass across the rail lines, as well as construction of station concourse. (which I imagine to be the floor of elevated station building)

http://corp.ptv.vic.gov.au/projects/rai ... t/#station
rodericb
badcliq
they had the camera detecting number plates, etc...caused a big jam!!

I saw the big jam as I was driving back from Lavo station and took Leakes road instead. Big mistake - it was even more chockablock with traffic (bumper to bumper back to the trash 'n treasure market). Sayers road seems to have bad traffic everyday, in the afternoon and evening.

The worst traffic I have experienced along Sayers road saw me take 15 minutes to get from Laverton to home (normaly 6 to 8 minutes between 6 and 6.30pm). The real delays on Sayers occur after Palmers to Morris in Hoppers. I use to live in Hoppers and am very happy I do not have to continue past Palmers.

Have you ever tried to driver from Laverton to anywhere in Point Cook. It will make you feel a LOT better about your trip home.
I agree with Tornado, the longest from Laverton to WL is around 15min. and it is so much better than to drive to Pt cook!

On another note, once palmers road overpass is open, I think there will be quite a long traffic queue on Palmers Rd. Many people will exit freeway at Palmers road and turning right onto Sayers. So I am expecting traffic to be quite heavy during peak hours.
Yeah, it could be worse I guess. Which is why I bought a house in WL rather than PtC, Sanctuary lakes etc. And I'll walk to WL station when it opens for business. Not looking forward to the traffic on Palmers road when it opens up all the way. Hopefully all the people in Trug, Tarneit etc forget about it and continue to use Sayers road or Forsyth road!
HI guys I am new here and will be moving into WL later this year -- I bought one of the display homes in WL.

Has anyone heard any news on the town center? I had a look through cedar woods financial statements and am not sure if they have the financial capacity to build the town center.
rayyuman
HI guys I am new here and will be moving into WL later this year -- I bought one of the display homes in WL.

Has anyone heard any news on the town center? I had a look through cedar woods financial statements and am not sure if they have the financial capacity to build the town center.

Hi! We met our future neighbour some weeks back. They also bought a display home and were hoping they could move in later this year too. Which street is your future home, if you don't mind asking, as we could be neighbours too. PM me if you don't want to put it here.
Hi Guys,

Here is an update on Williams Landing Town Centre.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/williams ... 1wjaf.html

Town Centre (first stage with Woolies, Masters and Big W) will be ready early 2014. Fingers Crossed!

FND
Anyone knows when settlement time of Stage 1 Kingwell is? everything looks ready for settlement. In fact, I think stage 2 Kingwell will also settle at the same time? It seems the whole section its going to be settled at the same time.
Solid Gold
kingcy99

Months ago, the workmen building one of the parks used water from my front garden tap. There was a long hose of something like 20 to 30 metres that went from my tap to the park. The site foreman claimed that it was their one and only time, and that they didn't take much. Also claimed that my builder gave them permission to do so. But hey, the builder wasn't paying for the water bills! I emailed Cedar Woods about it, but they ignored me.

Good news!! Cedar woods rang today. They will stop workman to use water from my tap and will replace all the plants that has been destroyed.
The new Metro trains network map has Williams Landing (opening 2013) station in zone 2, Aircraft station seems there to stay.

Page 68:
http://newtimetable.metrotrains.com.au/ ... 12_web.pdf
citystop
The new Metro trains network map has Williams Landing (opening 2013) station in zone 2, Aircraft station seems there to stay.

Page 68:
http://newtimetable.metrotrains.com.au/ ... 12_web.pdf

What's interesting about that map is Williams Landing is not indicated with a black dot, which represents a premium station. It has always been described in press releases as being such.

I can only assume that the dot will change once it opens.
Schools?

Hi all,

We'll be calling williams landing home late next year and I am just curious to ask those who have children in school or about to start school where do you send them.....interested in all schools public and private?

Thanks!
Any landscapers who live in the area, could you please contact me or if any 1 can provide me with a recommendation.

Cheers.
mberv
Any landscapers who live in the area, could you please contact me or if any 1 can provide me with a recommendation.

Cheers.

Oops! I saw your post which reminded me that I didn't send your details to my landscaper neighbour. I'll do that now. My bad....
Family Day Care
Hi All,

Just wanted to inform everyone that I am running a family day care in Williams Landing and have got vacancies at the moment for new children. Family day care is being run from my home and includes before and after school care, long day care, occassional care, vacation care, weekend care. Anyone interested in enrolling their child with me, please PM me. I am providing registered care approved for CCB and CCR.

Thanks.

Thank you all who hav PMed me n contacted me
Hi all

Like some around the place, I've been in my place for just over two years now. My question is a general one about termite protection (the black pipe around the house).

How often does it need to be 'topped up'? Any recommendations re who can do it?

Thanks
Related
10/03/2024
Fittting Lower Ground entry door/landing in 2200mm of FFL

Renovation + Home Improvement

I am looking to design an entry door to a lower ground basement that has 2200mm between the external entry height to FFL of the ground floor. This door will provide an…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum