Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

Page 94 of 109
stoff17 I do appreciate the rational behind it and I'm actually weighing whether we take a chance that the city council will approve a setback that's less than the average. However, we don't want to add any delays to our build because we just want to get going.
reaver
@stoff17 I do appreciate the rational behind it and I'm actually weighing whether we take a chance that the city council will approve a setback that's less than the average. However, we don't want to add any delays to our build because we just want to get going.

Yeah that’s the call you will have to make, but considering it will make a huge difference to your back yard, the slight delay you may have now is a small price to pay for the many years you have there. That’s if you win of course. Small delay for big reward

stoff17
reaver
@stoff17 I do appreciate the rational behind it and I'm actually weighing whether we take a chance that the city council will approve a setback that's less than the average. However, we don't want to add any delays to our build because we just want to get going.

Yeah that’s the call you will have to make, but considering it will make a huge difference to your back yard, the slight delay you may have now is a small price to pay for the many years you have there. That’s if you win of course. Small delay for big reward

Yes, I hear you. The existing house is set back 15 meters which I found amusing when we bought the place.
reaver
stoff17
reaver

Yes, I hear you. The existing house is set back 15 meters which I found amusing when we bought the place.

Long way back. Anyways Good luck with getting what you can

stoff17
reaver
stoff17
[quote="reaver"]@stoff17 I do appreciate the rational behind it and I'm actually weighing whether we take a chance that the city council will approve a setback that's less than the average. However, we don't want to add any delays to our build because we just want to get going.

Long way back. Anyways Good luck with getting what you can

[/quote]Our council is very strict about the setback.

We would have loved to get another 2-3 meters extra in our backyard.

Have had a steady flow of tradies in our place for the pass 2 weeks.

Electrician replaced 100+ LEDs that were continuously popping.

Ceiling installation guys to come and fix up the mess that was left following the LEDs installs.

Had M cabinet people come back yesterday to install the integrated dishwasher panel and kicker.

What was the issue with the Leds?
stme
The Lumi 13w made a popping noise as your turn them on and off.

Renman
stme

What have they replaced them with? (Something to keep an ear on)

Renman

Ceiling installation guys to come and fix up the mess that was left following the LEDs installs.

Had M cabinet people come back yesterday to install the integrated dishwasher panel and kicker.

At least they are coming continuously. That’s good to see. What happened with your bats?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Renman
stme

Hey renman did she get back to you yet about your curtains?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Drew01
Renman
stme

What have they replaced them with? (Something to keep an ear on)

Replaced work a new batch of the same LEDs.

So far 4 of them continues to pops.

Doulton777
Renman

At least they are coming continuously. That’s good to see. What happened with your bats?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
They only come back after I continue to hassle them.

Insulation fixed.

8 scratched windows/slider doors are going to be replaced.

They are still refusing to instal the 50amp Contactor switch as part of the induction cooktop.

*Make sure if you are getting an induction cooktop provision that it is noted in your contract.

D777
We haven't decided on the materials for the curtains.

Renman
Doulton777
Renman

viewtopic.php?t=86597
They only come back after I continue to hassle them.

Insulation fixed.

8 scratched windows/slider doors are going to be replaced.

They are still refusing to instal the 50amp Contactor switch as part of the induction cooktop.

*Make sure if you are getting an induction cooktop provision that it is noted in your contract.

D777
We haven't decided on the materials for the curtains.

You shouldn’t have to hassle them. Glad they are fixing it all.

We got scratched on our front door. Now the sole glass including sidelights are getting replaced on Thursday. Pretty much the list my ss took down. Has been done. Now it goes onto the maintenance team if there’s anything else.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Hi Renman

Who identified the scratched windows ? M or your independent inspector?
Hi Renman

Kandi
Hi Renman

Neither one. I found them on a few windows and I raised it before handover.

Post handover I found heaps and raised it. 3 months in and we are slowing getting an outcome.

Renman
Kandi
Hi Renman

Post handover I found heaps and raised it. 3 months in and we are slowing getting an outcome.

Are the scratches external from the renderers, or internal?

Drew01
Renman
Kandi
Hi Renman

Are the scratches external from the renderers, or internal?

Both inside and outside. There's scratches that are 40cm long. Damaged by their cleaners.

Most of them are on the outside.

do you have any photos of the damaged windows?
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum