Building ForumBuilding A New House

Charlibear's Build -Finally in!

Page 93 of 230
It's been 90 days since our DA was approved and still no start date

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
aloenyx
Aw.. it will come!! *fingers crossed*

In an informal discussion with my manager today, I was told I couldn't have any time off in February... *annoyed* I mentioned how I might need some leave to do PCI, pick up keys, etc and flat out 'no'. Not even a we'll see, or something can be arranged... was suggested to just not pay my builder until I'm ready to get the keys...(i.e. I have to wait until work is ready for me to take time off in late March)..honestly.. I've been waiting 2.9 years for this house, I am NOT waiting any longer because of work!!!

One word SICK LEAVE!
What an arse of a boss!

charlibear
It's been 90 days since our DA was approved and still no start date

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Oh youve got to be kidding me!

Can you arrange a meeting with management? I understand that for insurance purposes can only work on so many houses at once but thats a joke! How many others do they have waiting like you?

deejay08
aloenyx
Aw.. it will come!! *fingers crossed*

In an informal discussion with my manager today, I was told I couldn't have any time off in February... *annoyed* I mentioned how I might need some leave to do PCI, pick up keys, etc and flat out 'no'. Not even a we'll see, or something can be arranged... was suggested to just not pay my builder until I'm ready to get the keys...(i.e. I have to wait until work is ready for me to take time off in late March)..honestly.. I've been waiting 2.9 years for this house, I am NOT waiting any longer because of work!!!

One word SICK LEAVE!
What an arse of a boss!

I guess thats two words technically lol

Oh Charli B I'm so sorry to hear that I'd be so angry. I agree with Ryalls can you meet with the Manager? They should at least be able to provide you with a start date.

I am waiting to hear back from Micah, if I don't hear back then I will contact the regional manager/state manager.

I just want a start date, why must it be so hard

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Woohoo, communication from GJ, they have their construction meeting tomorrow and will be able to provide me with my start date tomorrow

Jesus am I actually going to get a start date tomorrow?

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Yay!!!!
Woohoo. That is fantastic news!!!!!

Yaay finally! Very happy & excited for you

Fantastic news CB!

Oh finally a little bit of hope for you!!! Can't wait to hear your start date

Cautiously happy for you CB!

View thread:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83776&start=80
They better build you the perfect house with no quality issues after this madness they're putting you through! Fingers crossed again that they come up with a start date

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
I'm cautiously happy too, here's hoping

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Yay about time!!! keep us up to date lovely! Many more places starting to build out your way? Will have to go for a sticky beak. Our slab gets poured next week piering happened today. So happy its finally started.
Have you seen the gj house in ballina? Im in love with how well done the bathrooms are at that place. Metricons finished product however, not so much.

sez and mart noosa 23 mkll northern nsw
yucky_worm01
Yay about time!!! keep us up to date lovely! Many more places starting to build out your way? Will have to go for a sticky beak. Our slab gets poured next week piering happened today. So happy its finally started.
Have you seen the gj house in ballina? Im in love with how well done the bathrooms are at that place. Metricons finished product however, not so much.

sez and mart noosa 23 mkll northern nsw

Thanks sweets!! I'll be updating too much I think

To think I'm getting out start date tomorrow excites me

I think we are one of the last ones to build, a couple got their keys the week of Xmas, they built with Perry, I think you should know them, Em's ex boyfriends brother and his wife?

I tried to go to GJs new display over the holidays because their Facebook page said they were open over the holiday period but they weren't open so I drove to Ballina for nothing really, only display that was open was Stroud Homes, I liked it but I wasn't impressed. I'm thinking about going out on my break on Friday. I always go to the Coral display, I am really impressed with the way they've done that day dream, do you know what size that day dream is?

How exciting you are being slabbed next week and you had your piers done today
I went out to your estate for the Xmas lights holy amaze balls!!! I tried to find your block but it was pitch black and I was all over the road trying to drive and look

viewtopic.php?t=83643
charlibear
How exciting you are being stabbed next week

Lol I had to re-read that one to work out what it was supposed to be. Autocorrect?
Yay! Super excited!

Follow my build - Newlyweds First Home - Hallmark Homes Coomera QLD
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum