Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Metricon Liberty - Hampshire 45 QLD

Page 85 of 90
6 weeks in the making. I decided to give decking a go. Finally finished today. Quite happy with the results =D
Some progress, before and after pics. Gotta let it weather for a few weeks before I oil it.

dulie
6 weeks in the making. I decided to give decking a go. Finally finished today. Quite happy with the results =D
Some progress, before and after pics. Gotta let it weather for a few weeks before I oil it.

viewtopic.php?t=88952
dulie

Oooh wow
that’s looks amazing
. You definitely got my style. Your so talented.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Hehehe thanks guys! =D
Dude

Looks like the professional did it for you. Great job.

Looks like I’ll be flying you down for the decking and Orph down for the lighting at my place.

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Renman
Dude

Looks like I’ll be flying you down for the decking and Orph down for the lighting at my place.

Me too Ren. These guys are pro at what they do.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
dulie

such a great job. What are the little concreate things called and where do you get them?

Those concrete supports are fabulous ??? Where from

brucefil2011
such a great job. What are the little concreate things called and where do you get them?

galleriamad
Those concrete supports are fabulous ??? Where from

You can buy them from Bunnings.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/deko-250-x- ... k_p1080391

Don't think I used them how they were intended to be used, but it surely does a good job =)
Renman
Dude

Doulton777
Me too Ren. These guys are pro at what they do.

hahaha thanks guys. Just book that ticket and I'm there =D
Looks fantastic!
Amazing read D. My wife and I just started our Hampshire 45 build and it is such an exciting read going through your thread.

I had a quick question, were you able to successfully get your sliding doors rebated into the slab? We got knocked back by M as being unable to offer it.
heatl0rd
Amazing read D. My wife and I just started our Hampshire 45 build and it is such an exciting read going through your thread.

I had a quick question, were you able to successfully get your sliding doors rebated into the slab? We got knocked back by M as being unable to offer it.

Heat

I was also successful with a aluminum slider door.

heatl0rd

I originally had stacker and sliding door rebates but these were eventually cancelled by M when I told them I would be doing my own hardwood flooring post handover.

If you’re like me and are doing hardwood flooring, they can’t rebate the doors because your floor will sit 40mm above slab level.

One point to note is try to have the same type of doors. Ie Stacker/stacker, or sliding/sliding. Not Stacker/sliding.

What I found was that the finished floor level of the doors varies for a stacker vs a sliding door. A stacker will sit 50mm above slab and a sliding will sit 40mm.

If this is the case you need to change your doors or make sure you tell your site Manager to tell the carpenter to lift and pack under the sliding door an extra 10mm or else it’s outside of Building code to have two different finished floor levels.

Dulie,

Great job on the deck there! Looks amazing.

Did you use Merbau?

What’s the expected maintenance of the deck too?

My landscaper is encouraging me to consider Modwood as it’s low maintenance but I’m not sure about it.

Renman
heatl0rd

Heat

nomnomnom
heatl0rd

I originally had stacker and sliding door rebates but these were eventually cancelled by M when I told them I would be doing my own hardwood flooring post handover.

If you’re like me and are doing hardwood flooring, they can’t rebate the doors because your floor will sit 40mm above slab level.

One point to note is try to have the same type of doors. Ie Stacker/stacker, or sliding/sliding. Not Stacker/sliding.

What I found was that the finished floor level of the doors varies for a stacker vs a sliding door. A stacker will sit 50mm above slab and a sliding will sit 40mm.

If this is the case you need to change your doors or make sure you tell your site Manager to tell the carpenter to lift and pack under the sliding door an extra 10mm or else it’s outside of Building code to have two different finished floor levels.

We went with a full Stacker doors into the alfresco. We didn't have timber and we were going tiles.

So from your knowledge would this be acceptable? I may have to go back to M and challenge them but due to my limited knowledge I just took their word for it when they initially knocked me back.

heatl0rd
Renman
heatl0rd

Heat

nomnomnom
heatl0rd

We went with a full Stacker doors into the alfresco. We didn't have timber and we were going tiles.

So from your knowledge would this be acceptable? I may have to go back to M and challenge them but due to my limited knowledge I just took their word for it when they initially knocked me back.

I don’t know about tiling, Sorry.

I think they should be able to rebate the slab to accommodate.

I would definately challenge them.

nomnomnom
heatl0rd

I am getting 19mm solid timber that will be a direct stick to the slab. When I got M to do the slider door rebate I advised that of the 19mm and they design the rebate to match the floorboards.

I hope it turns out nice and flushed.

heatl0rd

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the read =)

As for your question, yes I got my sliding doors rebated into the slab. Wasn't any issues at all. Which state are you in?
nomnomnom
Dulie,

Great job on the deck there! Looks amazing.

Did you use Merbau?

What’s the expected maintenance of the deck too?

My landscaper is encouraging me to consider Modwood as it’s low maintenance but I’m not sure about it.

Thanks.

Yes I went with 140 x 19 Merbau. I'm using Sikkens for the staining/protection. It has a yearly re-coat recommendation.
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum