Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Hudson KDR in Ryde - Landscaping

Page 84 of 86
Love the deck Sheilzy.
The deck looks fantastic and can't wait to see your Japanese garden - looks very wet. The mountain certainly would be a talking point for the neighbourhood. Soil looks pretty good someone might want it.
bluesteel
The deck looks fantastic and can't wait to see your Japanese garden - looks very wet. The mountain certainly would be a talking point for the neighbourhood. Soil looks pretty good someone might want it.

^ She took the words right out of my mouth! (said Meatloaf)
And ME!
Coming along nicely. We have a similar size pile of dirt at the moment in our front yard. Except ours is clay! Cant wait for it to be gone, sooo messy!

Making sure there is no autocorrect here....Your deck looks great
gandn
Coming along nicely. We have a similar size pile of dirt at the moment in our front yard. Except ours is clay! Cant wait for it to be gone, sooo messy!

Making sure there is no autocorrect here....Your deck looks great

Haha you just made me laugh!

Say it aloud with a kiwi accent and its even funnier LOL!
gandn

Lol lol
you are so funny Gandn. Auto correct does do some interesting things

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Franky40
gandn

Lol lol
you are so funny Gandn. Auto correct does do some interesting things

viewtopic.php?t=78985

My kids told me yesterday, no offence mum but sometimes you act more like a kid than us! I take that as a compliment

Hate autocorrect! I usually send a message, send a second one to correct the first and then a third cause I realised there was something else wrong with the first and/or second.....then I give up LOL. Must learn to read before sending! Saw a funny meme yesterday with a frog when your arguing via text. Will see if I can find it! Cracked me up!
Bet you're a fun mum and your kids think you're cool. I'm the same with my kids. My husband's even worse! Sometimes I think I have 4 kids the way he carries on.
Btw any suggestions how we can get rid of leftover bricks from the build? I'm kicking myself for asking Metricon to keep them. I thought we had enough for the front fence but we are well short so we've now scrapped the idea of brick fence instead we have modular wall going up.

Sheilzy
Bet you're a fun mum and your kids think you're cool. I'm the same with my kids. My husband's even worse! Sometimes I think I have 4 kids the way he carries on.
Btw any suggestions how we can get rid of leftover bricks from the build? I'm kicking myself for asking Metricon to keep them. I thought we had enough for the front fence but we are well short so we've now scrapped the idea of brick fence instead we have modular wall going up.

Advertise them for free on Gumtree. Make it clear must remove all bricks.

Yep I second gumtree. Include the brand/colour. You might even get some money for them
Commons delivered are only worth about 50 cents each max delivered, so just remember that if your selling them. I'm sure someone will want them.
Yay for gumtree! Within minutes of posting the ad, I literally had dozens of people replying. Thanks guys

Finally our long awaited semi sheer curtains have been installed and they are worth the wait. It's amazing what a difference they make to the house. Very happy

That looks awesome Sheilzy. I gather you are not installing blinds?

@ Orph

build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Dream Metricon Glendale 38 (Sydney)!
Thanks Orph. We installed shutters to all windows except for the downstairs powder room and WC we opted for blinds with pelmet. We also have motorised blinds for the stairs.
We are nearly there with the internal. Just need a bigger rug and cushions for the lounge and joinery for the home theatre. Phew!

Sheilzy
Thanks Orph. We installed shutters to all windows except for the downstairs powder room and WC we opted for blinds with pelmet. We also have motorised blinds for the stairs.
We are nearly there with the internal. Just need a bigger rug and cushions for the lounge and joinery for the home theatre. Phew!

I like your motorised blinds idea! I must incorporate it for the blinds into our family/dining room areas!

@ Orph

build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Dream Metricon Glendale 38 (Sydney)!
Your landscaping is coming along great sheilzy, the decking is lovely. Happy days you got interest in your bricks straight away. Your sheers are lovely they give your home a beautiful luxe feel, well worth the wait.

Oh wow, gorgeous. Is there a page you've listed in more detail about where you got all your window furnishings from and what types ect they are? I'm interested to know what curtain rail brand/type it is. Are there roller blinds behind the curtains? Where did you get them from please?
Thanks
May you please take some more photos of them tonight when it's less bright outside?
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum