Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Noosa 23 - Ormeau Hills: Life after handover

Page 9 of 29
Nicolle
Holy moly! Was the $8,800 extra just for electrical upgrades? I am nervous about our appointment next week! 😬 But looks like you have covered everything so you won't have to do any more once you move in!

It racks up pretty easy when downlight are $117 a piece and power point are $70 per double

Oh well it's money well spent! Gonna be a shiny house hahahah
Admin stage is starting to drag me down...

This issue with flooring is still yet to be resolved and means we still haven't received our pricing for colours

We had to request access to our left hand side neighbours land to build our 1.4m retaining wall and I just got a reply that her builder is taking care of the wall... I don't think it's going to be the height or meet engineering requirements so I'm waiting for her to get in contact. What makes it harder though is that she is an investor and I don't think she has seen much of her land

Hopefully everything works out and we get some answers this week because it's all driving me crazy!
Caydenn
Admin stage is starting to drag me down...

This issue with flooring is still yet to be resolved and means we still haven't received our pricing for colours

We had to request access to our left hand side neighbours land to build our 1.4m retaining wall and I just got a reply that her builder is taking care of the wall... I don't think it's going to be the height or meet engineering requirements so I'm waiting for her to get in contact. What makes it harder though is that she is an investor and I don't think she has seen much of her land

Hopefully everything works out and we get some answers this week because it's all driving me crazy!

Oh no! I am sure it will all work out.. our colours took 2 weeks for the variation to come back
have you got your tile and electrical variation yet? Electrical took 3 weeks and tiles took 6 weeks for us!
Our colours are all ready to go but until the STUPID flooring mistake gets resolved we cannot sign off as the cost has the $3000 for flooring in it....

We haven't got our electrical yet and we were told tile variations only come back very close to start date due to them being ordered when the house is near to the start

Just want to get all this admin stuff out of the way, I'm not even in a rush to start and only really want to start around mid October but all these "Unkowns" are really getting to me...
Caydenn
Our colours are all ready to go but until the STUPID flooring mistake gets resolved we cannot sign off as the cost has the $3000 for flooring in it....

We haven't got our electrical yet and we were told tile variations only come back very close to start date due to them being ordered when the house is near to the start

Just want to get all this admin stuff out of the way, I'm not even in a rush to start and only really want to start around mid October but all these "Unkowns" are really getting to me...

What was the issue with flooring? I didn't read that anywhere
It will be interesting to see how long your approval takes! What day did you officially submit?
I'll try and keep it short...

I signed off on a sales quote from our consultant with all the current promotions in it, which included these 2 promotions...

TILING OR TIMBER LOOK FLOORING - $1,999

and

CARPET TO YOUR HOME - $999

I AGREED on both of these and asked for my contracts to be prepared, a few weeks pass and we get our contracts and go ahead and sign those off.

The only change is a $450 reduction because Coral wasn't doing our driveway so removed the Kerb Cutout cost. I sign off on this and then we end up doing our colour selections... then on Friday I get a call and it went a little like this "Hey, you had your mychoice appointment and selected flooring and carpet and unfortunately you requested to have your flooring removed from your contract so if you'd like those things you'll need to pay the $3000 to have them"

Naturally I responded with an "uhhhhh wtf?" she explained she had emails from our SALES CONSULTANT explicitly asking for our flooring to be deleted. Something I had never signed for and agreed to do...

Long story short we are now being chased around for all these answers when someone at Coral has clearly messed up and misunderstood the notes from our Sales consultant... I just want it fixed honestly..

I think what happened was the flooring price was included in our H&L package but our SC Had added it as a promotion and then reduced the H&L price, so when it went to head office our SC just said mark is as included and delete it as a promotion as they've taken that as "Delete all flooring and Carpet"...
Caydenn
I'll try and keep it short...

I signed off on a sales quote from our consultant with all the current promotions in it, which included these 2 promotions...

TILING OR TIMBER LOOK FLOORING - $1,999

and

CARPET TO YOUR HOME - $999

I AGREED on both of these and asked for my contracts to be prepared, a few weeks pass and we get our contracts and go ahead and sign those off.

The only change is a $450 reduction because Coral wasn't doing our driveway so removed the Kerb Cutout cost. I sign off on this and then we end up doing our colour selections... then on Friday I get a call and it went a little like this "Hey, you had your mychoice appointment and selected flooring and carpet and unfortunately you requested to have your flooring removed from your contract so if you'd like those things you'll need to pay the $3000 to have them"

Naturally I responded with an "uhhhhh wtf?" she explained she had emails from our SALES CONSULTANT explicitly asking for our flooring to be deleted. Something I had never signed for and agreed to do...

Long story short we are now being chased around for all these answers when someone at Coral has clearly messed up and misunderstood the notes from our Sales consultant... I just want it fixed honestly..

I think what happened was the flooring price was included in our H&L package but our SC Had added it as a promotion and then reduced the H&L price, so when it went to head office our SC just said mark is as included and delete it as a promotion as they've taken that as "Delete all flooring and Carpet"...

Ah crap! How annoying is that! Hopefully they sort it out ASAP. There system is stupid with the contract signing, I feel like we didn't get a chance to review it properly and trusted that our sales guy did it right after emailing him our changes.

Keep us updated
The admin stage is a nightmare and you won't see tile variations until council sign off. They don't order anything until they know your house is approved in case drainage etc needs to be changed - that's what we got told

Looks like with the way things are tracking at the moment we may have to hold off build start until late October/early November to cover the costs of everything
. Our build has blown up a little in terms of costs due to all the things we are doing ourselves + appointment upgrades...
How frustrating. I understand how costs can escalate. I'm trying to control my own build that has cost creep. Hopefully, you get it sorted out soon so you can move onto the fun part (or so they say i.e the actual build)./
Got our tiles variation back already! Pretty quick so far
Was the tile variation the same price as you were given at the tile appointment? Any word on the carpet?

fec88
Was the tile variation the same price as you were given at the tile appointment? Any word on the carpet?

Our head office contact is an angel, she has gotten involved and promised my answers by tomorrow. She is fantastic and listens to anything we have to say and gives the best advice.

She seems to genuinely care about her clients and not just about making sure Coral Makes money it's fantastic.
Caydenn
fec88

Our head office contact is an angel, she has gotten involved and promised my answers by tomorrow. She is fantastic and listens to anything we have to say and gives the best advice.

She seems to genuinely care about her clients and not just about making sure Coral Makes money it's fantastic.

Who is your head office contact? That's fantastic that she is able to help you guys!

fec88
Caydenn
fec88

Who is your head office contact? That's fantastic that she is able to help you guys!

Her name is Lisa, if you get her count your lucky stars!!
[quote defaultattr=""]
fec88
Her name is Lisa, if you get her count your lucky stars!!

[/quote]
I had Lisa Mohr too she is outstanding and will always put you first. She is a miracle worker!
No posts recently as we have had a hell of a week
Found out about plenty of retaining wall issues which are still on going, hopefully they are resolved by the end of the week.

Also still fighting the flooring issue and trying to come to a reasonable solution to that problem.

Retaining wall problems mean our plans will all need to be amended and re-engineered.... What a week it's been.... Admin can be hell
So sorry to hear that,
we are a the construction stage and having issues with retaining walls as we have now been told we have to pay $400 to have surveying done before the wall is constructed. Luckily Garry our SS is very helpful with the drama. Retaining walls were our nightmare from the beginning and sadly they still are.
I'm really sorry that this week has sucked for you guys!! Hopefully it can only get better!!! 🤞

I have Steph as my CSO she seems to have everything moving which is a bonus, hopefully it continues.

After a few weeks of Admin issues I feel like we are finally just about over the hurdles...

Admin stage is definitely as bad as people say
All I can say is make sure you read your tender with a fine tooth comb and keep on top of your sales consultant because you will be liable for their mistakes.

At the end of the day all this stress resolves around money and extra expenses that you never want to pay but I'm glad that it's just about done.

We are awaiting our new plans to suit all the retaining wall hassles and then we will be straight into the private certifier who is actively waiting for our new plans to arrive to get them certified ASAP.

Estimate build start date at present is November 13th, which is not far away at all!
Related
9/04/2024
Colorbond roof can you extend its life?

General Discussion

You should pressure clean your roof first and make sure the paint you buy also is anti mould.

10/06/2024
Doing driveway after handover

Building A New House

Hi All, We are finalising our plans & preliminary tender with Metricon in NSW Central Coast. We need to go through DA process rather than CDC. We're debating whether…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum