Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our build- Henley, Monaco lux 2 in bayside Melbourne KDR

Page 9 of 19
Hey Cam yes I was actually just sitting down to post some pics, we have site cut done, screw piers and electrical and plumbing has started not too sure if they will get everything prepped for Friday slab pour but things are moving and That's good enough for me

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81627&p=1505759#p1505759
Heading back down Friday morning on the kinder run to check out and see.

Yeah they will fly through it before the slab goes down, so don't stress about that. So Friday is still Slab day at this stage?

Great progress Jane! Your soil looks totally different to ours and you're really not too far up the road. Looks sandy?? Ours is clay. I think landscaping will cause us some grief.
Hope the weather holds off and you see a slab soon.

viewtopic.php?t=81336 Building with MainVue...Modified Ivory 436...our journey
Yep we are sand Libby, good spotting! and yep slab still booked for Friday nothing has been said otherwise so I'm taking that as a good sign
hubby thinks they will smash it out tomorrow and get it prepped, so if this weather stays good we could be on track!!!

Hey,
I'm building with plantation homes in qld.

How long did it take for your Henley build sign to be put up on your block after council approval?
Modern12349
Hey,

How long did it take for your Henley build sign to be put up on your block after council approval?

Hey modern!
I actually don't know.... Maybe my timeline photos will help....,we had a pool shell poured so our pre build was a tad different to others as we had to have the site surveyed and more soils tests done after that as the soil had been disturbed i think it was like 6 weeks though
Good luck with your build! Have you got a thread?

Good day today all ready for SLAB day tomorrow!!! The boys put in abig day today I'm seriously pumped, not much sleep for me tonight!!

Looking good Jane!

camma18
Looking good Jane!

You said it! I didn't think they could do it in a day but I'm impressed!

They did ours in a day too! Great to see things rolling for you. I know how excited you must be. Won't be long before you have your frame and roof up. I think that's when we started to call it 'the house', rather than 'the block'!!

Awesome! Best of luck for tomorrow

JaneW
Modern12349
Hey,

Hey modern!
I actually don't know.... Maybe my timeline photos will help....,we had a pool shell poured so our pre build was a tad different to others as we had to have the site surveyed and more soils tests done after that as the soil had been disturbed i think it was like 6 weeks though
Good luck with your build! Have you got a thread?

Hey Jane.
No I haven't got a thread. Just here to see other people's experiences.

Cool. Nice slab!
Ryalls_first_build
Awesome! Best of luck for tomorrow

Thanks Ryalls, I've been following yours too, I think we will be neck and neck their out the builds

Saint Girl
They did ours in a day too! Great to see things rolling for you. I know how excited you must be. Won't be long before you have your frame and roof up. I think that's when we started to call it 'the house', rather than 'the block'!!

They are quick I'm impressed so far, I know I think today was the first time our eldest (4) kind of figured out what was happening. He is going to go crazy when he sees an actual house on our block it's so funny trying to explain to them what's going on

Totally... I teach 4 & 5 year olds. It's so great that he can see the processes involved in a house being built. Kids are fascinated by things like that.... Think of the problem solving and engineering they do themselves when they build with Duplo, Lego, blocks etc!
It's such a world of instant gratification for kids now... I see, I want, I get. Building is a house takes patience as we've all discovered!!

That's so true Libby, it's teaching him patience which is great at that age, it's teaching us all patience! The concrete trucks were there this morning so we are walking past after kinder this afternoon to see it all finished. Looking forward to seeing some progress shots of yours when you can sneak a peek!

It's amazing that they can do all that in a day (especially given how long the preperations and paper work takes). I'm enjoying your thread Jane and will follow
So, how's it look?

Yeah, excited to see how it looks!

Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum