Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

JG King modified Heywood - Landscaping

Page 9 of 76
Wohoo it wont be long indeed! Fantastic!
Hooefully you get your compaction report asap then you can keep the ball rolling

Finally we have SOC! Now waiting for it to be lodged at the titles office, that happened almost straight away with the first release, second release it took 4 days. Fingers crossed it's quick! I'm having an it's actually about to happen moment! Feels unbelievable! I'll probably be back to reality tomorrow. Still a ways to go.

Also just got word that compaction report is still not ready.
So close to it being yours
Awesome news bank!!!! Not long to go

Enjoy the moment! its so close now
It's been lodged! All going to plan (fingers crossed no surprises) we should be settling mid September. Assuming they pull down the fences at titles like they have said we should be able to actually touch our bit of dirt around the end of this month! I can't wait.
Congrats!!!

Thanks! I think it might be time to update my iOS I need that champagne emoji! I've been a bit stubborn, haven't updated in ages.

Here's another grass growing picture from yesterday. Sadly it's all I have to post at this stage. Unless I start posting pictures of the tea towels I brought for the new kitchen
. We're right down the other end of the street.

Fantastic News!! Yay Start celebrating its nearly yours! And I'm always up for seeing shopping photos :-p I'm trying to hold back until I'm actually in our house buts its so hard.
Ha! My mum has been wanting to know what colour tea towels I want ever since we had the colour appointment
I usually get them for Christmas
. I needed to pick something before she just went ahead and chose for me. I was feeling pretty down with the slow progress last week so I got the tea towels to cheer myself up
. Not quite what hubby had in mind when he told me to go and buy myself something nice

I do have some more exciting things than tea towels. I've been buying a few little things as I see them cheap. First thing I did after the finance was approved was buy the pendants for the kitchen. I'll try and get some pics up later
oh yes id love to see photos of your pendants! I am currently trying to figure out what we want to do above the bench.
Woow the area looks good!!!! Hopefully you get the land soon, all the best..

Finally got around to getting some pendant shots. Turns out it's not easy to get good photos of something that should be hanging. With a bit of body contortions and one hand I utilised the mirror I got for the entrance. So this is the entrance pendant, which I picked up during post christmas sales, with entrance mirror and front door mat which I think was the very first thing we bought for the house

For the kitchen I ended up sticking with the original idea of 3 concrete pendants. I didn't want something glary or something that I would feel the need to wipe the greasy dust off all the time, concrete should hide it well
. Threw in my shades of grey tea towels as well. Mum will be disappointed with grey

Like a lot of people I'm a bit tired of the three pendant thing but practicality had to win in this case. I very nearly went with this strip pendant, but thought it might be a bit short, and 2 would be too long.

Oh my gosh haha we have similar style! I was showing hubby a photo of your front entrance pendant for in our kitchen i LOVE them. Very stylish. We have realised our kitchen is quite dark so are thinking a massive sky light or either strip lighting or lightbox above the kitchen to really light it up. I love your tea towels where did you pick these up?
Your concret pendants are going to suit your kitchen so well. You have made excellent choices!

Thanks Julia. Tea towels are from ikea and target.

I've started looking at blinds/curtains for budgeting purposes and just trying to figure out how we are going to deal with some of the bigger windows, and I'm overwhelmed by the number of blind shops in Geelong! How do they all stay in business?! I've visited brax purely because they're just around the corner and I walk past every day, I'm sure they'll be very $$$. There are 2 others very close to me, Australian window fashions, and DWF but I'm thinking it's probably wise to look outside of Newtown. I'd like to compare some little guys with the bigger guys but I'm not sure where to go next, does anyone have any recommendations? At this stage I'm just after opinions/ideas and basic quote off the plan to give me some direction.
One of our friend used a company from torque, pretty reasonably price (cheaper then the spotlight lady) and good job. I'll ask him there name.
Looks great, I love greys!!!

As for blinds, we have a local community Facebook group and i'm sure i've seen one mentioned a few times on there, i'll see if i can find the name for you
Well we just did a quick trip around a few blind showrooms. Mixed results!

Tried Shades of Geelong in Corio because we wanted to try Laminex again for the stone sample (finally got it!), the girl there was pretty good and they had exactly the kind of sheer curtain that I like on display so that was a bonus.

Then I tried a big name brand that I won't name, they are quoting me, what on I'm not exactly sure because I couldn't get out of there quick enough! I wish I hadn't bothered, I wasn't going go there because I know they have a reputation for being expensive but they were en route so I thought I'd give them a shot. She actually said to me "I can't give you advice or ideas from a plan because I can't see the windows yet" seriously do you sell blinds for a living or not?! Surely you can read the plan and use your imagination like everyone else has been happy to do!!

Lastly we tried Australian Window Fashions, the lady there was very helpful and enthusiastic! Exactly what I was looking for.

I'll wait for these 4 quotes to come back, get over the shock, then try a few of the littler guys that I've been recommended.

Surtees I wonder if it will be the a name I've got on my list that I've seen on facebook? I like the look of their stuff. There are big advantages to targeted advertising when you're building a house! The google gods know exactly what I'm in the market for
Hey the blind company's name is 3228 Blinds.
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

26/03/2024
JG King Home builders delay in construction

General Discussion

So, did they give you a reason? Weather? Slab not poured??

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum