Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Sekisui House - St George

Page 78 of 82
Yes we were going to get the rock solid rustolium but after speaking to Bunnings and going online we changed our mind. Maybe if we had a lot more time and this was the only project we would have gone for it.

Hmm ok so it’s more time consuming and more effort involved. I would start preparing but without a driveway and fence so much dust and dirt comes in. Thanks trimum will research more

Best to paint garage floor after driveway.
We had drain in front of garage, muddy dirt and wet concrete during prep for driveway wasn't pretty.
Very messy, so no point in painting garage floor if you don't have a driveway.
You have to leave garage door open while they pour concrete.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
Landscape Thread : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=86133
Our rain water tank make grinding.. pumping sound every time someone flush toilet. And today I have notice that when rain and water hit to certain level inside the tank then it flush out water and that make noise too.

One of the down pipe is leaking from the joint. Gap between Kitchen window and bricks still not silicone.

Still no handover date.

I’m worried about leaks from rain water, I guess I will find out tomorrow if there has been but we have had several downpours over the months we have been building and nothing has leaked so far at least not inside. We put a load of weed killer down on Sunday but not sure if that has been washed away from all the rain since yesterday. Again I will find out more tomorrow when carpets are being fitted.

@ ehhc did area manager comes to your handover day or just SS only.

Ok time for updates ....Carpet went in today ... so sorry no pic totally forgot to take photos.
Decking resumed and Landscaper continued to level lawn area.
Still no handover date but very excited that trimum is getting her keys tomorrow.

Omg I don’t know how I’m going to sleep tonight

Tehehe referring to your excitement about trimum. I'm so excited for them too
::cheerleader::

Cant believe you forgot to take photos! You know better than that
cat_dunc
Tehehe referring to your excitement about trimum. I'm so excited for them too
::cheerleader::

Cant believe you forgot to take photos! You know better than that

cat_dunc please note we appreciated your support through out our build. Thank you for cheering for us.

Pic? the truth I was too busy unpacking kitchen stuff like coffee cups, bowls and glass jars.
With excitement of unpacking some kitchen boxes I forgot all about taken photo.
My mum was decluttering her house and throwaway cups she has collected ... and I kept them, now I don't have to buy coffee cups for the next 10 years. lol

Carpet in the hallway.
Carpet in master bedroom. Took out
one side of glass window for ventilation, I can’t handle new carpet smell.
Bowls and plates in pantry.

No more buying new cups.
Garage floor painted.

Door handles for pantry.
Nice!

I’ve never seen someone being able to move stuff in before handover
lucky you haha.

Wow your house is looking amazing!! I love the carpet colour it makes the landing appear so light. I hope you get to move in soon!!

k3nnis
Nice!

lucky you haha.

Lets just say I have decided to be pushy person now. I have been waiting very patiently for too long. So I have started to prepare for big move ( don't know when). The less I have to do on the actual moving day, more time I will have to clean townhouse. That why I have started to organised in the kitchen where it is most important. Nothing worse than not being able to find pots and pans for cooking from boxes all over the house. I have listed items on boxes but too many to unpack.

shazaw
k3nnis
Nice!

lucky you haha.

Lets just say I have decided to be pushy person now. I have been waiting very patiently for too long. So I have started to prepare for big move ( don't know when). The less I have to do on the actual moving day, more time I will have to clean townhouse. That why I have started to organised in the kitchen where it is most important. Nothing worse than not being able to find pots and pans for cooking from boxes all over the house. I have listed items on boxes but too many to unpack.

Agree with you. Did you ask your SS when handover would be? Ie try to push them to get an answer?

When did you demolish the house?

k3nnis
Agree with you. Did you ask your SS when handover would be? Ie try to push them to get an answer?

We had demolished the house back in March 2016. But we moved out of the old house back in July 2015
Thinking every things will be smooth run with council and building.

Yes I have asked SS at least once a week if interim OC is ready for hand over.
They can not hand over with out interim OC. He did mention that he was "hoping for girls in office to get to us in the next few days"... I'm still scratching my brain what he meant, does it mean the girl in the office are going to request final payment or they are having difficulty finding some of certificates for interim OC. If there are still having problems I'm sure SS would have told me.
We are being very patient as they have given us permissions to do all landscaping, flooring and phone connection... as per contract all these should only start after handover.

As for coming week blind for windows and finally decking will be finish. Yes I'm very happy that I will not be walking in the mud once I move in.

Landscaping Thread : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=86133
shazaw
k3nnis

We had demolished the house back in March 2016. But we moved out of the old house back in July 2015
Thinking every things will be smooth run with council and building.

Yes I have asked SS at least once a week if interim OC is ready for hand over.
They can not hand over with out interim OC. He did mention that he was "hoping for girls in office to get to us in the next few days"... I'm still scratching my brain what he meant, does it mean the girl in the office are going to request final payment or they are having difficulty finding some of certificates for interim OC. If there are still having problems I'm sure SS would have told me.
We are being very patient as they have given us permissions to do all landscaping, flooring and phone connection... as per contract all these should only start after handover.

As for coming week blind for windows and finally decking will be finish. Yes I'm very happy that I will not be walking in the mud once I move in.

Landscaping Thread : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=86133

Ok. You’re gonna furnish the house before they hand over
looks like you’re faster than your SS

Wow you moved out in 2015! 3 years ago! I don’t think I could be that patient. But you’re nearly there hang in there.

Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum