Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

Page 76 of 109
Great that’s good to hear. We did ours too last week. Now they are doing third coat of paint. Feature walls was done yesterday. Widows and front doors were painted.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Do you have an handover date?

Ours was mainly minor touch up that what damaged during the course of the build.

Was pretty happy with the fix for the mosaic tiles in the wet area.

Renman
Kandi
Hi Renman

Does your SM tell you what defects their PCA has picked up. Do you get to see their report?
Does your bank also do an inspection at each payment stage?

I saw a whole bunch of blue stickers around the house and was told that the areas that I questioned (mosaic tiles) would be address.

SM told me they scored her a 99.2% follow the walkthrough.

These blue stickers should be address by the time I have my walkthrough tomorrow and my independent inspector’s walkthrough next week. Once all of our blue stickers are address we should be having the PCI then.

I have an different arrangement with my bank, I took out the whole loan all at once, so the bank doesn’t need to site any completion report, I pay Metricon when I am happy that the work is done.

Thanks Renman. So you do the walkthrough first. then your independent inspector after that only Metricon's PCA?
is that right?

For our slab we did not organise the independent inspector. We are planning to do Frame and slab together.
I was thinking of going with the Inspector. should we do it before the Metricon's PCA after. which is better?
Renman
Do you have an handover date?

Ours was mainly minor touch up that what damaged during the course of the build.

Was pretty happy with the fix for the mosaic tiles in the wet area.

Don’t know he just keeps saying the end of feb. cos the tradies are unpredictable at this stage. A few of them have been holding him up. The baluster guy took his time. Took way too long. Now his waiting on the concrete guy. Which doesn’t seem to be contacting him back. He did get it all levelled out. Or else It would have been done a couple of weeks ago I reckon the drive way.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Renman
Orph

You have expensive taste.

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

First time poster , but have been lurking here long time, I am planning to go with Metricon and want to do Hebel, wanted to know if Metricon uses 50mm or 75mm hebel panels? And how has your hebel been holding up ? thanks
RR80
Renman
Hi All,

This is the start of our journey.

Will add/update as I go along.

Here's the plans so far. (These plans were from the PC, a few changes have been made/correct and will be in the final contract)

Structural/Major Changes:
- Hebel panel constuction
- Fully rendered
- Raise garge to line up with ground floor height
- Ground floor 3M ceiling
- First floor 2.7M ceiling
- Adjoining Bathroom between Bedroom 3 & 4
- Powder room added to Bedroom 2
- Store/Mud room added to to garage
- Timber windows to the front of the house
- Upgrade all ground floor Aluminium windows to Series 300
- Cat 6 Caesarstone to kitchen island with 40mm
- Cat 5 Caesarstone to rest of the house with 40mm
- Added an Appliance bench next to the fridge with Cat 5 Caesarstone
- TV cabinet added to Family room with Cat 5 Caesarstone
- 2 Pac shaker profile doors to kitchen, pantry and living room cabinets,all bathroom and ensuite
- Franke sink to kitchen & pantry
- Upgrade shower head to Guest powder room & Master bedroom
- Upgrade toilets to Rimless toilets
- Upgrade freestanding bath
- Upgrade semi-frameless shower screen
- Upgrade under mounts basin
- Upgrade internal doors
- Added translucent glazed doors to Guest bedroom, Powder room, Pantry & Laundry
- Full laundry cabinets installed with Cat 5 Caesarstone
- Floor to ceiling tiles to all wet areas
- Actron QUE ducted Air-con with 8 Zones. To all bedroom, bathroom and laundry
- Acoustic insulation between the floors and internal walls
- Upgrade center window
- Increase internal doors to 2340mm
- Provision 1300mm Heat & Glo Mezzo has heater

- One other major thing we have asked for is to increase the outdoor/alfresco ceiling height to match the roof line (7 Meters). This will make the area more open and reduce the heat in summer and allow more Northern sunlight into the living/dinning areas in Winter.

Hi Renman, just been reading through your blog and amazing home. Would you mind sharing the cost to upgrade your kitchen bench to 40mm cat 6 stone and the shaker profile cabinetry throughout? We’ve just started the process up in QLD and want to try and work out a budget for the kind of home we want to build. Thanks heaps

Wow would like to follow yr build!

Hi Orph

who did your retaining walls? are they concrete walls? can give me the details please?
Need help to solve the wardrobe issues please

we been told that we can not have high wordrobes frame because our celling height is standard.

our current house celling height is 2450 but our ward robe height is 2300 height.

So I don't understand why M is saying this. may be dependent on who you get.

if you are building with Metricon and if you have a standard celing height but high wardrobe.

then can please give me the details of the variation to see the height details.

This will give us an idea to solve our issues

Thanks
Kandi
Hi Orph

who did your retaining walls? are they concrete walls? can give me the details please?

Hi kandi

Our retaining wall is cement rendered using core filled blesser blocks and done by our landscaper but most concreter can do it for you.

Are you in yet Ren?!
Has any one got a credit for wardrobe sliding doors / melamine shelf and hanging etc
Can you please post how much was credited for the doors. Just want to check with what we have received. since its seems to be very small amount
Kandi
Has any one got a credit for wardrobe sliding doors / melamine shelf and hanging etc
Can you please post how much was credited for the doors. Just want to check with what we have received. since its seems to be very small amount

Kandi

for the smaller rooms it was 28 dollars that I got as a credit.
The master suite 140.
stanus
Kandi

Kandi

for the smaller rooms it was 28 dollars that I got as a credit.
The master suite 140.

Thanks Stanus. not much. this is just for the shelf and hanging ? what about the doors
Kandi

Hi Kandi,

I got the $450 credit for removing the standard sliding mirror door cabinet to one elevation:

Provide the following amendments to accommodate

Active joinery:

* Increase plaster corner voids to create 620mm

deep alcove to elevation A,C & D.

* Delete standard robe sliding doors, shelves and

hanging rail to elevation D only.
vuster
Kandi

Hi Kandi,

I got the $450 credit for removing the standard sliding mirror door cabinet to one elevation:

Active joinery:

Thanks you Vuster
vuster
Kandi

Hi Kandi,

Active joinery:

Hi Vuster
What is the width of elevation D has been credited? how many doors?
we have received $660 for 4.5m long 4 doors, 3320m 3 doors $489. seems to be less.
Renman
Thanks Quirmeball,

We are hoping that it turns out the way we envision it.

Surprisingly there's not too many others on here building this same facade as us.

Hi renman,

Do you mind sharing upgrade price list for Hampshire 45?
msara
Renman
Thanks Quirmeball,

We are hoping that it turns out the way we envision it.

Surprisingly there's not too many others on here building this same facade as us.

Hi renman,

Do you mind sharing upgrade price list for Hampshire 45?
Metricon price was $780k excluding floor covering, pendant lighting and kitchen appliances and gas fireplace.

Hi all,

Sorry, have been offline for a while. Busy with building issues and work.

After a few months of issues and escalations we were happy with the house enough to settle yesterday.

How is everyone?

Bethany
Are you in yet Ren?!
Got it the keys yesterday

Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum