Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Arden Home - Votivo 43

Page 8 of 14
Clean
Hi Manj,

How did you get DJM, the surveyor's report? Normally the surveyor suggested by builder provide a report to builder. I know we appoint them, but....In my case it is check-point. they were referred by builder. I doubt if they would provide me a report.

If you appoint them then you are within your right to request a report Clean.

Manj
Clean
Hi Manj,

How did you get DJM, the surveyor's report? Normally the surveyor suggested by builder provide a report to builder. I know we appoint them, but....In my case it is check-point. they were referred by builder. I doubt if they would provide me a report.

If you appoint them then you are within your right to request a report Clean.

Hi Manj,

Good to know that they give a copy to us.
We too have appointed DJM as requested by Carlisle.
I guess as per Building Laws we can appoint any building Surveyors. But all volume builders advise who they want you to appoint and you are forced to go with their preferred Surveyor. That’s why we will end up paying for private inspection too 🤨
Roof tiles on and plumbing has started ..

Hi Manj,

Impressed with the progress. Hope it continues smoothly and at this speed.
It's going so quick manj! Looks great
Clareymoo

Thanks

Clareymoo

Thanks

It’s getting wrapped

Manj

It’s getting wrapped

👌🏼👍🏼 And you must be feeling w’rapt’ 😁
HoneyDee
Manj

It’s getting wrapped

And you must be feeling w’rapt’

Yes absolutely happy.. looking towards a lockup before Xmas

Manj
HoneyDee
Manj

It’s getting wrapped

And you must be feeling w’rapt’

Yes absolutely happy.. looking towards a lockup before Xmas

Yes absolutely happy.. looking towards a Xmas
[/quote
All the best 👍🏼 We are just starting. Had plumbing laid today. Slab pour on Friday.

Do have a look at my thread

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=92532&p=1831326#p1831326

Bricking has commenced

Manj

Bricking has commenced

Looks glorious Manj! I see you have switched to this forum. I'm amazed at how quickly things are moving for you. So happy for you! This is Gayani btw.
We haven't yet moved into pre pour yet. Pre pour was scheduled for the 27th..booked Sam and we all went to see nothing was done. No one was even onsite. Even our SS wasn't aware it wasn't done because he told us it was ready but the guys never showed up to do the work. Sam had to charge us for the inspection anyway..just on screw piles.he will have to again for the pre pour. Three were missing and some were in the wrong position. Hope they rectify it. I haven't yet got any response back from Arden! Slab pour is now scheduled for the 6th. Hope it all goes to plan now.
Wow manj it's flying! You will be in before me
Gwij
Looks glorious Manj! I see you have switched to this forum. I'm amazed at how quickly things are moving for you. So happy for you! This is Gayani btw.
We haven't yet moved into pre pour yet. Pre pour was scheduled for the 27th..booked Sam and we all went to see nothing was done. No one was even onsite. Even our SS wasn't aware it wasn't done because he told us it was ready but the guys never showed up to do the work. Sam had to charge us for the inspection anyway..just on screw piles.he will have to again for the pre pour. Three were missing and some were in the wrong position. Hope they rectify it. I haven't yet got any response back from Arden! Slab pour is now scheduled for the 6th. Hope it all goes to plan now.

I do post here on and off as well gwij Gayani, Oh no that's terrible. I'd be voicing how unimpressed I'am if that happened to me.

well hope it all goes well from here! Good luck and keep us posted!
Clareymoo

clareymoo lol! I doubt it. Our Site supervisor is pretty organised and he always tries his best to have tradies on site everyday!
Yours is moving quite well too, I see you are mostly bricked
Manj
Clareymoo

clareymoo lol! I doubt it. Our Site supervisor is pretty organised and he always tries his best to have tradies on site everyday!

Yep just got lock up invoice today
Clareymoo
Manj
Clareymoo

Yep just got lock up invoice today

clareymoo Really so, didn't they do all the bricks before issuing lock up? and has your insulation gone in?
I assume the bricks will be done when we drive by tomorrow. They were close to being done last weekend. Insulation was in and plaster was delivered last weekend as well so I'm keen to see the progress tomorrow!
Clareymoo
I assume the bricks will be done when we drive by tomorrow. They were close to being done last weekend. Insulation was in and plaster was delivered last weekend as well so I'm keen to see the progress tomorrow!

Oh that's great! good to know. Looking forward to more pics

I wonder how our lock-up invoice will be issued, they might just brick the first level, lock the doors and issue the lock-up.. Clareymoo
Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum