Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My first build South West WA - Taps, HWS

Page 8 of 10
Congrats on the roof!
Yay how exciting Smiley
How exciting you have a roof
Your build is really going at a very good pace - you'll overtake ours soon!
Thanks, went to visit Thursday afternoon and there was 7 plasterers busily working away. Apparently they will be back Monday or Tuesday to do the white set

Some guy was there Friday afternoon removing all the spare bricks but I quickly let him know to leave my bricks behind thanks, they are mine. Luckily he did but a bit rude that he was just going to take them. Especially because I had already emailed the office about them.

7 people? That's a lot for plasterer.

Are you sure that those people are from the builder? I just saw two people with a truck on Saturday, picking up left over bricks in front of people house. It seems like a general trend that people just "steal" bricks. They are left over so I wasn't going to fuss.
My itty bitty house has white set in the master bedroom, ensuite, WIR, second bedroom, bathroom, laundry and one wall in the living area. Bit weird that they have done some walls and not the one opposite but done the next room.

I have had an email from Aussie - ceilings and windows are scheduled for next week
I am so close to lock up now.

That is how they did our white set too Smiley, it took over a week for them to do ours! All the fun stuff comes next! Your tiles and cabinets!
That is a lot of progress Smiley
They did ours in parts too. Said that some of the walls were still to wet for the white set, so they did the dry ones first. It is about time you showed us another picture hehe
OMG lookie:

It's just so exciting, bad part is that's it almost door time and they will lock me out

Bet your excited. .... never mind about being locked out... its one more step closer to moving in.... so happy for you ☺
Oh wow the whiteset opens it up does't it? It looks like a proper house now. I also like how you already have your verge planted
The cornices were installed today and I put some light fittings on lay-by at Beacon Lighting.

So here we go cause we all love pictures

My small person wanted bling so here is her surprise

Living room, kitchen, hall and dining

Master bedroom - I wanted plain

Spare room

Bathroom, WIR, toilets, ensuite and laundry

Luckily they are all DIY, although my outside lights will all need an electrician

Under eaves out the back and carport

Side wall out the back

And the only external DIY Is for the front entry with a sensor

I hope I got those in the right order .

My other major purchase for post handover is paint and painting supplies. Oops nearly forgot fences for the rear, really should get quotes for that I suppose.

At this stage I am not planning any new furniture purchases. Although I would really love a new TV cabinet.

Interesting. Out builder does the cornice first before whiteset. I think that would have been harder because they have to be careful not to mess up the cornice. Anyway, looking good. It looks like you have a pretty high ceiling! Soon to be in lock up stage!
How exciting Smiley! One more step closer
Hi Sofia, all my ceilings are 32 course
Thanks Kellie

I drove past at lunchtime and glass has been installed

Your daughter will be so in love with that light - lucky girl
Congrats on being glazed!!
I am locked out of my itty bitty house

And I have had deliveries too

Wonder if I will get keys before Christmas??

Yay! Hopefully you will make it in before Xmas! I have my fingers crossed for you
Oh my gosh CONGRATULATIONS on being locked out
- it is very exciting but very annoying if you can't see what's happening inside.
builder is still saving Late January for keys

I have had the kitchen cupboards installed and pretty sure bathroom and ensuite cabinets are done too. I can't see the bathroom and ensuite ones though.

Related
6/06/2024
New home build: Heat pump HWS instead of Rainwater tank

Building A New House

That's brilliant would appreciate if you have you can locate the other doc so I can use it with my discussion with the building surveyor

25/10/2023
Freestanding bath taps and kids

Bathrooms and Laundry

Bathroom renovation will likely include a back-to-corner bath and we’re considering a freestanding tap with hand-held shower such as the picture included. My hesitation…

9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum