Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Winchester 28- Landscaping

Page 63 of 73
Nice, what are you planting?

We're going to have a lemon, lime, mandarin and a couple of heritage apples we cultivate ourselves

Drew01
Nice, what are you planting?

We're going to have a lemon, lime, mandarin and a couple of heritage apples we cultivate ourselves

That ones a lemon. Also have an apricot and fig to go in.

Cleaned up the side path yesterday. Ridiculous amounts of timber, bolts, brick bits and other crap to get rid of.

Plan is to level it out, lay some pavers then use river pebbles/stones to finish it off.

Anyone know if its ok to cover the neighbours membrane with soil? We have a large piece of our own membrane to deal with at the laundry door too, can we trim it?

I've got 3 of the reusable shopping bags full of bolts, fittings, screws and nails that we left all over the site during the build... The wastage is quite disgraceful ...

You don't really want to cover the damp course, as it's a moisture barrier... If you have to, you can use cement sheet to cover it before putting your fill in. No issues at all in trimming it flush with the brick work

Drew01
I've got 3 of the reusable shopping bags full of bolts, fittings, screws and nails that we left all over the site during the build... The wastage is quite disgraceful ...

You don't really want to cover the damp course, as it's a moisture barrier... If you have to, you can use cement sheet to cover it before putting your fill in. No issues at all in trimming it flush with the brick work

Our site was kept relatively clean compared with many around the estate, but the number of screws and so forth is astounding. They also just dumped all the weep hole covers. Plus we have the neighbours bricks, and a few strays that dont match any house around us.

We might just trim it back; I dont want to cause any issues but we do need to level off the whole area (they dug a trench when they bricked their garage).
blackcat20
Discovered our lounge room data port doesnt work, so waiting for someone to book in to fix that.

Electricians due next week to change all the HPM over to Clipsal.
Hi Blackcat can you tell us when you informed M about the switches, was it before handover or after handover? If you can let me know that will be awesome as pretty sure from memory we have legrand written on our switches. Thanks in advance.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
excited_builders
blackcat20
Discovered our lounge room data port doesnt work, so waiting for someone to book in to fix that.

Hi Blackcat can you tell us when you informed M about the switches, was it before handover or after handover? If you can let me know that will be awesome as pretty sure from memory we have legrand written on our switches. Thanks in advance.

We had it noted on the report at PCI, then raised it again at handover. The office then organised the electrician's to come swap them over.

MyFirst
blackcat20
38 degree day today and apparently our aircon is still borked

Rang M but apparently they aren't interested in dealing with it till tomorrow.

Geez, . Evap. coolers are pretty simple systems and rarely breaks down.. To get one not working on new house is pretty unlucky?

I guess I have to check that too during handover.

I had problems with my heater and cooler. And it’s that brand. I don’t recommend them to anyone. I first had problems with the heater. 3 times they came out. Now ever since summer I have trouble with the evap cooler panel. It keeps showing error msgs. Yet the cooler is working thou. But it’s annoying. With the heater is would work off and on.

Remaining fruit trees are in. Still need to knock the supports in, the clay makes it hard work. Fig already has quite a bit of fruit on it.

blackcat20
excited_builders
blackcat20

We had it noted on the report at PCI, then raised it again at handover. The office then organised the electrician's to come swap them over.

Thanks ...so the swap was done post handover....

blackcat20
Remaining fruit trees are in. Still need to knock the supports in, the clay makes it hard work. Fig already has quite a bit of fruit on it.

Looks awesome ! Love fruit trees!

excited_builders
Thanks ...so the swap was done post handover....

Yes, a few weeks after we moved in.
BD finally came out to look at our garage door. Looks like we're getting a new one as its cheaper than replacing the damaged panel.
They also pointed out that we're missing the modem required for the "smart" connection to the app which we paid for. Apparently it comes out of the factory paired with the door, but M havent actually given it to us. So another thing to chase up....

Also seems we've been given the cheap remotes rather than the premium remotes and wall controller listed in our contract
What a bugger... Our garage door is now tied into our alarm remotes, so we only need to carry our house keys to disarm the house and open the garage door... Took a bit of messing around, and pre-wiring but works a charm

Drew01
What a bugger... Our garage door is now tied into our alarm remotes, so we only need to carry our house keys to disarm the house and open the garage door... Took a bit of messing around, and pre-wiring but works a charm

Our admin is impossible to get in touch with too...still waiting for someone to come activate our data point.
blackcat20
Drew01

Our admin is impossible to get in touch with too...still waiting for someone to come activate our data point.
It'll be an easy fix, but it's not the point is it? Similar to none of our TV antenna points working when we moved in...

Drew01
blackcat20
Drew01

I know your hubby could sort it, but it's not the point is it? Similar to none of our TV antenna points working when we moved in...

Probably outside his skill set, he isn't domestic. At least the upstairs one works.

blackcat20
Drew01
blackcat20
[quote="Drew01"]What a bugger... Our garage door is now tied into our alarm remotes, so we only need to carry our house keys to disarm the house and open the garage door... Took a bit of messing around, and pre-wiring but works a charm

I know your hubby could sort it, but it's not the point is it? Similar to none of our TV antenna points working when we moved in...

Probably outside his skill set, he isn't domestic. At least the upstairs one works.

[/quote]You can reseat the terminations with a small screwdriver at worst

Drew01
blackcat20
Drew01
[quote="blackcat20"][quote="Drew01"]What a bugger... Our garage door is now tied into our alarm remotes, so we only need to carry our house keys to disarm the house and open the garage door... Took a bit of messing around, and pre-wiring but works a charm

[/quote]I'll let him know. We know the wiring is all there at least.

blackcat20
Drew01
blackcat20
[quote="Drew01"][quote="blackcat20"][quote="Drew01"]What a bugger... Our garage door is now tied into our alarm remotes, so we only need to carry our house keys to disarm the house and open the garage door... Took a bit of messing around, and pre-wiring but works a charm

[/quote]I'll let him know. We know the wiring is all there at least.

[/quote]I can loan you a Krone tool and cable tester as well if you want...

Related
18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

21/05/2024
Landscaping recommendations in Melbourne for New Build

Landscape & Garden Design

Yes, I was happy with the work, bar a few small things. Overall, communication could have been better though. However, I found them reliable and did good work at a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum