Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR in Melbourne SE suburbs- Carlisle - Montpellier 51

Page 7 of 10
HoneyDee

Awesome which one is my room ๐Ÿ˜œ I'm sure they will pump it out so they can invoice before break...
31sacramento
HoneyDee

Awesome which one is my room ๐Ÿ˜œ I'm sure they will pump it out so they can invoice before break...

You can have whichever room you like best ๐Ÿ˜
Yes our lives are now being lived from invoice to invoice ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ก
HoneyDee
31sacramento
HoneyDee

You can have whichever room you like best ๐Ÿ˜
Yes our lives are now being lived from invoice to invoice ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ก

I'll take the master
31sacramento
Sure ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜
HoneyDee

Awesome work.. Roof and gutters before the end of the week?
31sacramento
HoneyDee

Awesome work.. Roof and gutters before the end of the week?

Don't know. SS working only till Thursday. So will see what gets done until then.

Finally tradies back on-site. Hope work will be on track from now on ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ
[quote="HoneyDee"]

Finally tradies back on-site. Hope work will be on track from now on
[/quote

Woohoo! Thatโ€™s awesome!! We are nearing lockup ... few days of brickwork remaining

Good work! All the best
Manj
HoneyDee

[/quote

Woohoo! Thatโ€™s awesome!! We are nearing lockup ... few days of brickwork remaining

Thatโ€™s great. You must be looking forward to handover
HoneyDee
Manj
HoneyDee

[/quote

I think Manj, still quite a far bit to go for handover. Hopefully middle of this year. I expect they will try & get it done before end of financial year ๐Ÿ˜
HoneyDee
HoneyDee
Manj
[quote="HoneyDee"]

[/quote

I think Manj, still quite a far bit to go for handover. Hopefully middle of this year. I expect they will try & get it done before end of financial year
[/quote]

I think youโ€™ll be in around June..

Hope so Manj.
Hey HoneyDee,

Great post so far, please keep it going.

Out of interest how did you end up going with the site costs? Did they sting you more after the 2nd soil test and knockdown?
Honeydee... did your frames finish? Did it get passed ?

Manj
@Honeydee... did your frames finish? Did it get passed ?

Hi Manj,

Yes frame stage is over. Whatever our NHI & their DJM inspector pointed out will be fixed before plaster stage. Those were only minor things. So feeling satisfied. Today we got reply to our inspectors report too. They have agreed to most points. Just 3-4 minor things they have justified as having been followed as per engineering plans & no action to be taken. Too technical to understand. Will forward to NHI so that they can check at pre plaster.
Dusty4
Hey HoneyDee,

Great post so far, please keep it going.

Out of interest how did you end up going with the site costs? Did they sting you more after the 2nd soil test and knockdown?

Hi Dusty4,

Infact our site costs came back about $12k less than the allowance that was made in the sales quote. Actually after second soil test we got credit for couple of things like no timber crossover, no extra soil for cut & fill. So on the whole happy. Site costs under what we had budgeted for.
Are you building? Where, which builder & which house plan?
HoneyDee
Manj

Hi Manj,

Yes frame stage is over. Whatever our NHI & their DJM inspector pointed out will be fixed before plaster stage. Those were only minor things. So feeling satisfied. Today we got reply to our inspectors report too. They have agreed to most points. Just 3-4 minor things they have justified as having been followed as per engineering plans & no action to be taken. Too technical to understand. Will forward to NHI so that they can check at pre plaster.

Oh wow! Thatโ€™s good ! Great outcome for you, as you have communicated to them ...

Manj
HoneyDee
Manj

Hi Manj,

Oh wow! Thatโ€™s good ! Great outcome for you, as you have communicated to them ...

You ready for Handover? ๐Ÿ˜
Related
13/09/2023
InForm SE Suburbs Melbourne

Building A New House

Thanks for your reply! We're definitely not after a small house > Might still have a chat to them. Who did you end up building with if you don't mind me asking?

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum