Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building At Macarthur Heights (UWS Campbelltown)

Page 7 of 15
postboxpaul
Hi,

Can any one tell me for corner lot what is the expected setback in MacArthur Heights.

Cheers,

Paul.

As far i know from builders- we need to have 2 M fom corner side, 4.5 from front - 5.5 for garage,0.9 on the non-corner side and, 3 M from back
Stage 3 is 6 months behind schedule. You can be guaranteed that Stage 4 will also be months behind.
Cannot believe Macarthur Heights Stage 3 is still not registered despite being lodged with the lpi on 11 May 2017. Since then the application has been requisitioned 3 times.

Why is Urban Growth sooooo slow and why can't they get anything right the first time around? It is frustrating for buyers see their land sitting there complete month after month and not being able to settle, due to slow government process.
Good news! Stage 3 ready to register.
YAY 😊 received notification on Friday that registered
Does any one know how long it takes for the Council to approve the plans to build, assuming the plans are in order first time round and in the requirements of the Council.

The other question I had is what is the standard rate being paid for driveways. I guess standard concrete driveway.

Thanks,
postboxpaul
Does any one know how long it takes for the Council to approve the plans to build, assuming the plans are in order first time round and in the requirements of the Council.

The other question I had is what is the standard rate being paid for driveways. I guess standard concrete driveway.

Thanks,

Ours took 8 weeks in the council

Does anyone know stage 3 lands are saline affected, or not? What type of slab it requires, m class or h class?
Does anyone notice that the developer has put some kind of grey coloured soft munch all over some lands. My builder said they will charge me $$$ for removing those munches. They also said ghey have prove that those munches were mo there initially, landcom spread them recently.
Stage 2 is looking busy these days... So many slabs and frames up! Looking forward to meeting my new neighbours in the area...

rayDC2R
Stage 2 is looking busy these days... So many slabs and frames up! Looking forward to meeting my new neighbours in the area...

Where are you building. We are in stage 2 as well

rdevi
rayDC2R

Mahoney Drive

Yourself?

rayDC2R
rdevi
rayDC2R

Mahoney Drive

Yourself?

Same same...mahoney drive. Have you started already

Yeah, our lot was just cut and slab is going down next week...

How much extra site cost is needed to build house in MH?
Saw the first fence around a lot in stage 3... That must be exciting for the owner!

Has anyone here experienced anything unusual/extra costs/limitations for 'lots affected by fill'? Is there a restriction as to what the side retaining wall heights may be? Thanks
We are building on Mahoney Drive and have free dirt/soil for anyone in need. If you're interested please let me know!
Anybody else building in precinct 4a or 4d and waiting for their land to register? Very frustrating.
There is a delay in Stage 4 registration. It is hopefully settling in Jan/Feb 2018.
Related
26/10/2023
Queensland ceiling heights - help!

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

We bought a house in 2015 advertised as a 7/2/2, 4br up, 3br down (7br), and to date, it’s a great house. However, we’ve just had it valued and it’s come in as a…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum