Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Winchester 28- Landscaping

Page 58 of 73
shokel1975
blackcat20
Turns out the aircon wasnt working because it wasnt plugged in properly
Glad I'm not paying for that callout.

Oh boy.... and we are trusting these guys to build our houses???
At least it was the aircon installer and not the major tradies....

Forgot to mention the resolution regarding the HPM versus Clipsal power point issue.

It was raised at PCI, then discussed again at handover. The office has confirmed we should have Clipsal as per our contract and electrical plans, but for some reason this didnt happen (the order sheet also shows Clipsal). So arrangements will be made for everything to be swapped over. As far as I understand this includes the switchboard.
blackcat20
Forgot to mention the resolution regarding the HPM versus Clipsal power point issue.

It was raised at PCI, then discussed again at handover. The office has confirmed we should have Clipsal as per our contract and electrical plans, but for some reason this didnt happen (the order sheet also shows Clipsal). So arrangements will be made for everything to be swapped over. As far as I understand this includes the switchboard.

So they will switch to Clipsal? After handover?
Kimmykim
blackcat20

Yes, its essentially a defect as its not per contract so theyll send someone out to swap them over.
blackcat20
Kimmykim
blackcat20

Yes, its essentially a defect as its not per contract so theyll send someone out to swap them over.

Our switchboard is Clipsal but not sure whether the switches are HPM or Clipsal

Kimmykim

They look like HPM; do they say Legrand on the front?

You might also find the switch board box is clipsal but the contents are HPM.
blackcat20
Kimmykim

They look like HPM; do they say Legrand on the front?

You might also find the switch board box is clipsal but the contents are HPM.

Not sure, husband went down for final inspection, I wasn't there. But he said he saw the switch outdoor switches with HPM label. I guess they are all HPM.
Weren't your plans stamped to say it was home in lieu of Clipsal?

blackcat20

Contract is Clipsal but we found out that in the building permit, it was stamped HPM. But we were not informed of the change.
Kimmykim
blackcat20

Contract is Clipsal but we found out that in the building permit, it was stamped HPM. But we were not informed of the change.
I'd query it but given its on those plans you're probably out of luck. I know they were still using the Clipsal software even after then changeover.

blackcat20
Kimmykim
blackcat20

I'd query it but given its on those plans you're probably out of luck. I know they were still using the Clipsal software even after then changeover.

We will query them. No harm to ask. Thanks Blackcat. By the way, for the last payment, did you have to settle before or after handover? We haven't received our last invoice till today and our final inspection was 3 weeks ago!
Kimmykim
blackcat20
Kimmykim
[quote="blackcat20"]Weren't your plans stamped to say it was home in lieu of Clipsal?

We will query them. No harm to ask. Thanks Blackcat. By the way, for the last payment, did you have to settle before or after handover? We haven't received our last invoice till today and our final inspection was 3 weeks ago![/quote]You're meant to settle with a cheque at handover but our bank went rogue and paid it via transfer two weeks prior.

😡 I would be annoyed if my bank does that. I have to take note of that.
Kimmykim
I would be annoyed if my bank does that. I have to take note of that.
I would be very annoyed too. So did you send the invoice many days prior to final handover to be paid. I'm still not clear about that process.
Can you please outline an approx timeline and activity before final payment?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
excited_builders
Kimmykim

I would be very annoyed too. So did you send the invoice many days prior to final handover to be paid. I'm still not clear about that process.

The invoice was passed to the broker with instructions that the bank cheque needed to be available at X branch by Y date, based on the original handover date of November 2.
While we were overseas we got a text from the bank to say the transfer had been made. Absolutely nothing could be done at that point. Doesnt really matter, M were able to confirm payment received before handover and we wern't likely to hold things up on the day anyway. Saved me a trip to the bank.
Booked some earth moving equipment for the weekend so that we can get our backyard under control. Plan this weekend is to scrape out the remaining rubble then run a rotary hoe over the lot. Get the garden beds in place for fruit frees as well. Then in two weeks we can get topsoil spread out and grass rolled out.
blackcat20
Booked some earth moving equipment for the weekend so that we can get our backyard under control. Plan this weekend is to scrape out the remaining rubble then run a rotary hoe over the lot. Get the garden beds in place for fruit frees as well. Then in two weeks we can get topsoil spread out and grass rolled out.
Sounds exactly the same as our plan once we're in, only we're going to see the grass, as I hate turf

Drew01
blackcat20
Sounds exactly the same as our plan once we're in, only we're going to see the grass, as I hate turf

Don't have time for seed with two Jack Russels....

blackcat20
Drew01
blackcat20

Don't have time for seed with two Jack Russels....

I hear you - we've got a border collie arriving mid-January... We may even stick with what we've got for a bit

blackcat20
excited_builders
Kimmykim

The invoice was passed to the broker with instructions that the bank cheque needed to be available at X branch by Y date, based on the original handover date of November 2.
While we were overseas we got a text from the bank to say the transfer had been made. Absolutely nothing could be done at that point. Doesnt really matter, M were able to confirm payment received before handover and we wern't likely to hold things up on the day anyway. Saved me a trip to the bank.
Ok thanks ....that makes sense. We wanted to get a cheque. But we have not asked the bank to start the process yet. We were thinking of doing that once we are happy with all items fixed n get a handover date.

Related
18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

21/05/2024
Landscaping recommendations in Melbourne for New Build

Landscape & Garden Design

Yes, I was happy with the work, bar a few small things. Overall, communication could have been better though. However, I found them reliable and did good work at a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum