Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Winchester 28- Landscaping

Page 55 of 73
blackcat20
Woo! We have our occupancy certificate!!!

Congratulations! Looks like your crystal ball is working well! 😂 Waiting for your new photos!
Congrats blackcat,: How long did take all up from the construction start date to the occupancy permit ?
Wild
Congrats blackcat,: How long did take all up from the construction start date to the occupancy permit ?
5 months 14 days.

Thats not too long lol
Congrats enjoy your new home. Now the fun part starts

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Hoping for keys next Friday. I've got the broker working on the bank to make it happen.

blackcat20
Hoping for keys next Friday. I've got the broker working on the bank to make it happen.

Ours wasn’t the banks. It was our BC. She couldn’t get the invoices right and supply the documents the bank manger needed. So if it’s not one it’s the other.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
blackcat20

Ours wasn’t the banks. It was our BC. She couldn’t get the invoices right and supply the documents the bank manger needed. So if it’s not one it’s the other.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
I've provided all the paperwork it's just waiting for the bank to release the cheque.

The bank seems to have approved the payment so hopefully we're on track for next week.

blackcat20
Wild

5 months 14 days.

I am jealous. I'm 5 months into mine. Still going and it is only a tiny single storey with 90 m2 of living space
Mr. Sausage
blackcat20
Wild

5 months 14 days.

I am jealous. I'm 5 months into mine. Still going and it is only a tiny single storey with 90 m2 of living space
/quote]I think the worst bit is the build was finished in four months. It's been six weeks since PCI.

Yep, it is ridiculous how some builds progress. Some seem to gather all their momentum right near the end and it is a crazy sprint to the finish. Yours went really well but instead enters the twilight zone right near the end. This is what is frustrating me as well. I got my fixing stage completion invoice back in August. So we've been at the completion stage now getting on for 9 weeks now. And not only am I not getting updates, but I don't even have any handover date at all. And they've probably done four days work over that 9 weeks, excluding the driveway and paths. All for a tiny house about a third the size of the average building project on these forums.

You'd think these builders would want their money since for the most part, it's that completion payment where all their profits lie. Up to that point, all your payments are mostly just paying their bills and the running costs of their business.
Our biggest issue was the ss ended up in jury duty and nothing happened for two weeks. Took time to get back on track.

Well the bank has confirmed they paid M directly on Friday so here's hoping for handover this week

blackcat20
Well the bank has confirmed they paid M directly on Friday so here's hoping for handover this week

fantastic news! let the fun begin!
Hey guys does anyone know if you can get your initial deposit back? Nothing was done as in soil test etc.... only colour selection. And that hasn’t been finalised. It’s not for me as I finished my build. And any advice on how to get it back if they hesitate? Cos I believe you stil be able to get it back in soil test or contracts hasn’t been done.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Hey guys does anyone know if you can get your initial deposit back? Nothing was done as in soil test etc.... only colour selection. And that hasn’t been finalised. It’s not for me as I finished my build. And any advice on how to get it back if they hesitate? Cos I believe you stil be able to get it back in soil test or contracts hasn’t been done.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Selection appointment would have some cost but you could possibly get the rest.

In our case they did soil test before colour selections, The initial quote disclaimer first line states that deposit isn't refundable.

M initially sold us the house which wouldnt fit on our block and when I asked for the refund, they denied stating the same thing.

I really didn't push them because I didnt want to walk away at that stage.
Wild
In our case they did soil test before colour selections, The initial quote disclaimer first line states that deposit isn't refundable.

M initially sold us the house which wouldnt fit on our block and when I asked for the refund, they denied stating the same thing.

I really didn't push them because I didnt want to walk away at that stage.
Ours technically didn't fit either, they did some work to get it approved.

SS says Friday handover might be tight but he's going to give it a good go. Fingers crossed.

Congrats BC, friday handover would be so good, pull sickie on Monday lol n Melbourne cup weekend.
Related
18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

21/05/2024
Landscaping recommendations in Melbourne for New Build

Landscape & Garden Design

Yes, I was happy with the work, bar a few small things. Overall, communication could have been better though. However, I found them reliable and did good work at a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum