Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a Sekisui house Now Holmesville

Page 54 of 54
Tiler will be finished tomorrow. Fly screens went in the other day but we have a problem some screens are too short.

So will need to be re-done.

sekisui build
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75060&p=1573965#p1573965
Great news Mim, Looking forward to seeing them with the grout!!

Are you serious? how did they even get the measurments??
So tonight is the second night in the house it has been an exhausting couple of weeks. But everything is now at the new house, it may look like a shambles at the moment but I know it will get better. Wasn't happy with our removalists wouldn't recommend them to anyone else. Not sure whether I can name and shame or not.

We have had another big issue this week, they have removed the bottom tiles of our niches as the tiling sloped back instead of forward, tiler was going to re-tile straight away. However I was concerned about the integrity of the water proofing, had to argue with the tiler then his supervisor who said he has been tiling for 30 years and he can guarantee it will be fine. However I was not going to budge so he rang the SS next thing I know epoxy are ringing me they where here the next morning removing tile glue and re water proofing. Down side we can't have a shower here as both showers effected and don't know when everything will be rectified.

Fly screens will be re-measured next Friday a total of 5 fly screens effected. Really don't know how they got it so wrong in the first place.

sekisui build
Some picture of tiles finished.

sekisui build
Hi Mim, good to hear from you. Excellent tiles, looks absolutely amazing.
Good thing they are fixing tiles in the niches. Take your time unpacking.

viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
Our fly screens were also a mess. But only one and they replaced it eventually.

Bummer about the niche but sounds like they are actioning it quickly.

And agree your tiles look amazing!

Tiles are stunning, I'm so happy you are in. Hopefully the niches and fly screens are fixed quickly!
How are you settling in Mim?

Slowly, however no room yet complete.. will put photos up as rooms are finished. Defiantly a work in progress..

sekisui build
mim_feher
Slowly, however no room yet complete.. will put photos up as rooms are finished. Defiantly a work in progress..

sekisui build

Heheheh oh the fun of moving!!

Do you love the house?

Hey Mim!

Just checking in to see how your settling in?
Ryalls_first_build
Hey Mim!

Just checking in to see how your settling in?

Hey Ryalls, things are very slow over here, hubby works permanent night shift so hard to get a project done.

Driveway going in next week it looks like, however we have a leek near the front porch and we don't know where it is coming from, so it needs to be rectified before concrete can go in. I didn't even think there was plumbing there.

How are things going with you? I am not on here as regularly as I was. However do pop over to your thread when I am.

sekisui build
How are things Mim? All settled in?
Hi Mim, just wondered if you are happy with the timber look tiles? We are waiting to start our build and have chosen a very similar tile throughout our house but havent actually seen them down anywhere, only photos! Thanks
Related
8/02/2024
Survey for those who built recently, building now or soon

Building A New House

https://form.jotform.com/240284569218058 Please spare a moment to fill out this survey form for a project. You stand a chance to win a digital gift voucher. Legitimate…

15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

16/01/2024
Now It's 0.3mm Gap For Double Glazing. It beats all the rest

Windows & Doors

This is one of the reasons I decided to go overseas for my double glazed windows. As the builder indicated, he's worked on many upmarket builds, these were the most well…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum