Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our first home with Summit - WIR pics!!

Page 51 of 51
Thanks Jang, Mandy and Rache. Very happy with the stools and how it ties in with the floors. Always in doubt when you buy online without seeing it in real but turned out to be good

Our building journey
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=77582
Love the bar stools, they look great!
Your house is looking lovely xx. I love your bed selection and your stools choice
. It must be wonderful being in your own house!
Thanks Jelbell and Koll1. You can say that again, it's very nice being in your own home.

This week our replacement microwave finally got installed (for some reason it took ages to arrive). It is very nice not to see that gap on the wall oven stack, now the kitchen looks complete, loving it

On another note, our island benchtop was replaced this week. We realised after handover that there was a small crack on it and told our SS and he was onto it straight away. The best part is we get to keep the other benchtop too
. Happy with that as we can use it for our outdoor kitchen, saves us heaps for the stone, how lucky!! We asked the cabinet maker if they were going to reuse the stone and they said they were going to throw it away
so they were happy to leave it for us to use it
. The crack was very small you can barely see it and it's on the end of the bechtop, no wonder why we missed it at PCI. What a blessing in disguise!!

Our building journey
Question OM... How do you get that seamless look at the front of the microwave recess??
We have the same layout and although our microwave is biggish there is still a good gap around it. Would love to see a pic of how yours turned out.

Wow that crack looks huge in that pic!

Dream_Catchers
Question OM... How do you get that seamless look at the front of the microwave recess??
We have the same layout and although our microwave is biggish there is still a good gap around it. Would love to see a pic of how yours turned out.

Wow that crack looks huge in that pic!

Here is a close up pic for you DC. We provided the model at prestart so they cut out the cabinet to the exact measurements. The microwave has a built in trim kit around it to cover the gap. I think you can get the trim kit separately and fit it yourself.

The crack isn't that huge, the close up pic makes it look huge.

Our building journey
Yep you can specify the exact model number at prestart and they will design the cabinet as per dimensions. We were looking at Electrolux microwave that comes with built in trim http://www.electrolux.com.au/Products/C ... EMB2527BA/

In the end went with Miele

Oh i didn't know this.. Too bad we've been in our home since October, lol
I did provide the microwave measurements but they made slightly larger which i thought was the norm, and figured i could buy one of those trim kits from bunnings? Figure they're just a frame that covers the space?

This is ours:

Oh i didn't know this.. Too bad we've been in our home since October, lol
I did provide the microwave measurements but they made slightly larger which i thought was the norm, and figured i could buy one of those trim kits from bunnings? Figure they're just a frame that covers the space?

This is ours:

Face trims are only sold by few microwave manufacturers so yep I will suggest first check with your manufacturer.

Related
30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

29/05/2024
Building First home

Building A New House

Cant give recommendations in general with that builder, but during the colour selection, this is honestly personal preference. Depends on the style you want. Do you want…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum