Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Hammond Rise (WA) - Content-Living Build

Page 6 of 8
Looking good! It's all starting to come together really nicely

I thought Cockburn require soakwells? We have to have three massive ones in our front yard because of the councils requirements.
Also, loving the 1200 wide front door, such a good idea!
Yes, not long now! My builder just called me this morning and has informed me that tiling and plumbing is to be done this week and paving and ceiling painting will be done next week! That leaves very little left so It looks like I will get my keys this month

Ah you're right, I had a quick look again at the council regulations and it does actually require soak-wells or approved alternatives
I think I will tint the glass inserts on the 1200 door when I move in. I didn't really think about it at the time but I wish I had gotten obscured or frosted glass inserts xO
Hey Mike, any news? Haven't heard from your build for awhile
I was just wondering the same thing, must have the keys and is too busy painting to update us.
Ahh forgive me, I've been neglecting to update this thread out of pure laziness! A lot has been done since my last post, and most of the major stuff like garage door, cooktop and hot water system have been put in.
No keys yet but should be having my first inspection sometime next week! I'll post some photos and more info later tonight when I get home
Okay update time. At the moment I'm am waiting for a date for my first inspection. There are a few things left to be done before then such as door knobs, staining on the front door, oven installation and some other minor stuff. The external painting was completed last week and wow it truly looks like a house now
They've also unwrapped the stone bench tops already and I saw someone the other week vacuuming up all the debris in the window tracks.
So hopefully not too long now! It's getting really exciting now as I should hopefully get my keys by the end of this month if everything goes to plan.

And now photo time!

It was really sunny the day I took this photo so the paint looks a bit bright.I thought the lighter contrast would turn out a bit more yellow but definitely am very happy with the result. Oh and I will get those light fittings replaced after handover with something more snazzy

Me nice front door. I probably should have asked for the paving to be connected to the driveway paving. Ah well that'll give me something to do in the spare time. There was almost a full pallet of pavers left over so I've stacked them up nicely for later on

Oh probably my most favourite part of the house, the kitchen! The colours seem to match pretty well so far and glass splashback just looks so classy! I'll be putting in some overhead cupboards after handover

I'm so in love with that benchtop and splashback
Interestingly the electrician left a note saying the oven wasn't available when he was here, but he did do up all the wiring in preparation. Oh also the gas and electricity has been hooked up so I actually could light the stove!

That's my brother in the background clearly very interested in the house xD The living area is so open and spacious, I'm actually trying to figure out how to fill up all that space!

My rather dull looking laundry. Next time I'll definitely put in a bench top with the sink built-in instead of the standalone sink cabinet. I'll probably put up some shelving in the corner next to the sink later on. After handover I'll be matching the flooring in the kitchen with the laundry as I want the flooring to "flow" through :p

Oh and the Ensuite sinks! Looking pretty nice, thogh I wish i picked a darker laminate for the cupboards, just to give a bit more contrast.

Ensuite shower looking good. The en-suite isn't really anything special, I've seen some grand and beautiful ones in display homes but unfortunately I don't have the room for one
Also a mistake was made where plastic floor wastes were installed and tiled, so they had to come back and rip the out and pop in the proper chrome ones :S

Just the bathroom sink, which is actually quite nice, I would have been happy with these ones in the ensuite as well.

And just down the side of the house, you can see the laundry sliding door just there. All outside painting is finished and the quality and workmanship looks pretty good

As of yesterday my garage door has been lowered so I can't park in my garage any more and the lock for the front door has been installed xD. Since handover is fast approaching I've started buying everything I'll need! Bought a very nice master bedroom suite and mattress from Harvey Norman on clearance last week, and have been to House to buy some pots and pans for my rare home cooked meals. As I'm moving out of my parent's house I'll need to buy literally everything from toilet brushes and soap holders to vacuum cleaners and door mats! I hope I have enough left over money otherwise it's time to get some overtime work

Oh and I've also bought some of those temporary rediblinds from Ezyblind. They actually do look like proper blinds from a distance and they pretty decent quality (they're made from paper!) I'll probably put those up for at least a year or so until I can afford proper window finishings

I'll try to update this more often especially once I get the keys and can get the floorings and painting done
Looking great!! great to see what my above basins will look like as we have those too. Not long to go
Cheers Nicci, One thing I didn't think about was that the sinks lowered the benchtops a bit to suit. I personally don't mind it as I'm a little short but I can imagine it may be annoying for taller folks

Popped by yesterday to have a look, unfortunately all the windows and doors were locked so I had to peek through the windows to see what's going on
Looks like they've done the shower frames in both bathrooms now, and the oven has been delivered, awaiting installation! Not too long now, I hope I'll get inspection next week

Also went over to Super A-Mart In Cockburn to look at furniture and ended up buying a recliner sofa set (2 separate recliners and a 3 seater with 2 built in recliners) It's called the Kongo and got it in chocolate colour
It is so comfy and the quality is pretty good for the price! ($1600 with free delivery) http://www.superamart.com.au/kongo-44864/

Can't wait to put in in the theatre room! Oh and also bought 4 barstools from them as well, they're doing a buy 3 get one "free" offer if anyone is interested
We got our furniture package from there, not a bad price for a first house I think. Lounges look good, very 'theatre'
i love super amart, we bought our furniture there for the last house.. looks like a lovely set

im short so ill be ok for the basins.. my partner is tall so unluck for him aha!
Good to hear other people have had great experience with Amart, I'll definetly be back later on as I saw they had some very nice dining suites which I'll soon need!

On another topic, has anyone had experience with Kambo's before? They have the Samsung french door fridge I want for only $1560! A good $90 cheaper than other places (though i'm sure they'd price match). There's also a nice $200-600 cashback offer from Samsung on french door fridges and another cashback on their front loader washing machines! so definetly will be choosing one of those!

Haven't used them before but should be fine. Also check appliancesonline for price comparison because they offer free delivery

Our last machine was a Samsung and we loved it, loved the delay start short wash. Always found the clothes cleaned well even in cold water! At moms at the moment and I really don't like her whirlpool!
Ah yes I have considered buying from appliancesonline as well, their prices are pretty good and the free delivery is a major plus! I'm not sure what features to look for in a front loader washing machine besides the capacity. I mean all I want is clean clothes in the end and I assume all machines can at least achieve that?

Our current washing machine is a Hitachi and that's still going strong for the last 10 years, so I was going to buy the same brand, but it appears Hitachi machines aren't stocked in any of the appliance retailers anymore xO. I think I will get a Samsung, I've heard good things about them and it sounds like you've had a good experience with them. Looks like my house will with fitted out with mainly Samsung appliances now, good prices and good features!

Also I've received an email from my builder saying that I should have first practical completion inspection sometime next week which is great news! They're trying to rectify all the issues I've listed last week before the first inspection, so hopefully there is almost nothing wrong when we walk through
I can't contain the excitement!
Ive bought tvs, surrounds and clothes dryer from kambos and everything was fine with them.

wow in a week, so exciting.. hopefully everything has been fixed
Really like the colours of your render. Can I ask what they are?
Aye, not too long now, it will have been 12 months since I've signed for the land last year in July till when I can get the keys :O Cannot wait!

Just checked my addenda and the exterior render colours are Solver Angela for the main colour and Solver Knights Armour for the dark contrast. I actually picked them quickly at pre-start as I forgot to visit a paint centre beforehand, so I was lucky the colours turned out as well as they did
Love the front of your house!! Works so well, you isn't be happy with it? Is your garage door wood look?
Hope all goes well at PCI!!
Likemike55
Just checked my addenda and the exterior render colours are Solver Angela for the main colour and Solver Knights Armour for the dark contrast. I actually picked them quickly at pre-start as I forgot to visit a paint centre beforehand, so I was lucky the colours turned out as well as they did

I think that's called serendipity.

Thanks for the colours, we're looking for a similar colour scheme and that gives us start.
Oh I definitely am very happy with the resulting colours! I just thought the lighter colour would be more "yellowy" but this is just as good
And yes the garage door is a wood-look colour, I'll take some more photos on the weekend, as they've lowered it already.

No worries, I chose my colours by driving around new housing estates until I saw a house I liked and then tried to copy it.

Oh and being locked out of the house for so long is killing me! Haven't been able to walk around inside for the last 2 weeks so I haven't been able to see if they've fixed some of the minor issues I've noted.

Some of the things I noted from my last walk around the house:
-Cabinet handle in Ensuite is not straight (manufacturing defect)
-Missing wood from under linen shelving, apparently they didn't order enough wood!
-Plastic waste drain in WC (should be chrome)
-Gap in Colorbond roof where the alfresco ridge meets the main roof line.
-Crossover paving cement edge has already cracked and some of the pavers are shifting!
-Hole on other side of the wall where the WC sink is bolted (the plumber drilled the masonry bolts too deep)
-Gap between slab and the door frame where the laundry and garage door is.
-Missing bricks on alfresco pillars, they had to be removed temporary so they could weld the roof steel beams together.
-Small hole on exterior bricks of the master bedroom.

It's all pretty minor in general and my builder has said they'll try to have most of them rectified before the inspection next week
Thank you so much for sharing all the pics - this makes me very excited. I have really enjoyed following your thread.
Related
25/09/2023
Epoxy floors in living area

General Discussion

That would be great -Thank you.

15/11/2023
Kitchen living Dining

General Discussion

Can anyone suggest a house layout where the kitchen-dining - living runs the length across the rear of the house left to right where our best view will be we…

14/12/2023
Dark living room

General Discussion

sorry mate, not wasting more time on this. Youve completely missed the mark on some fundamentals and regardless of how many times i try and put it to you differently, you…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum