Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

Front Setback unique situation

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We are in whitehorse. and we have this situation for knockdown rebuild where our house is in middle and have a porpety on left and right which face other street. Property on left has enterance and faces court street although thier postal address is same street as ours. Property on the right faces the other street and their main entrance is on that street. So that leaves us in middle using and facing the street.

I am trying to find out what set back to expect , our block is 34 x 16. I looked up some info on vic planning

There is no existing building on either of the abutting allotments facing the same street, and the site is not on a corner. >> 6 metres for streets in a Road Zone, Category 1, and 4 metres for other streets.

Does this mean we can go as close to street as 4 meters ? it's a quite street. so not the road zone 1 I believe.

Any experts there would know , we have to choose design based on what set back to expect.
Anyone ? didn't think no one would notice this question/post
maybe meet with council, do they have a duty planner? they could answer the question quickly and accurately

Thanks Pulse. Council it's hard to get any response other than standard responses. I guess I will have to signing up with some builder and then go from there. After all the failed attempts I can't find real setback to expect.
Related
3/04/2024
Front setback minimum requirement for battleaxe plot

General Discussion

Thanks Draftroom that definitely helps a heap. We are still at the very early stage of planning to see what kind of house would fit on our plot. While we are on a…

15/08/2023
Is this a bad situation - easement and manhole on property

General Discussion

You might be able to apply to divert the sewer at your expense. In NSW you would contact a Water services co-ordinator and they would give you advice as to whether or not…

16/05/2024
Rear setback confusion for NSW CDC Housing Code

Building A New House

hey nedket, We have a similar lot like yours >. just wondering how is it going with your DA application, is the Blue line is the correct solution (offset the rear boundary…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum