Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

Plumbing pre lays

Page 1 of 1
I’m wanting to find anyone that can give me information on prelay 90mm pipes that are used at prelay slab stage and are installed edge of slab for future plumbing pipes to pushed through from outside to in the house ready for chasing the water pipes in the wall.
I’ve always done this on all jobs but being questioned and saying it’s wrong , I need some proof that it is or isn’t ok or what’s the remedy after installing ? Any help would be great
Hi @Micor
Making provision for future services, expansion, renovations, etc is a great idea and can be done at a later date if they are planned properly
ie, prelays for bathrooms, slab thickenings,initial frame outs,etc,etc for future lofts
More info required, is it a new build, soil type, do you have the initial engineering?
Who is saying it's wrong, the builder? Unfortunately the details aren't in any codes, but all Engineers should have them available
Also check with your Council they will need to be certified. hth
Related
7/12/2023
Roof Plumbing Complaint

General Discussion

In my experience roof is essential element of the building envelope and hence a common property and should be covered by owners corporation however a detailed review of…

16/05/2024
Roof Plumbing - no compliance certificate ?

General Discussion

I can totally relate to your shed project struggles—I recently tackled a similar ordeal, and it was quite the journey. Navigating through all those regulations and hoops…

20/07/2023
Plumbing

General Discussion

dont forget engineering and BIM rofl

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum