Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

Garage Slab Finish

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone. Im just after a little advice.

While my house was being bricked up. One brickie team got sacked by my builder for double booking and not showing up to my house for a week. And then when the new brickie started, he ripped down what the first brickies had done, (for what reason, i don't no what to believe)
But when these 2 walls got pulled down, the bricks were thrown onto the floor in my garage. This chipped and scratched the finish floor pretty badly. To go with the mortar never being cleaned off the garage floor. And also the plaster never been cleaned off it and spray paint being painting on the finish floor. oh and also the plumber dripping his PVC cement on it too.

I am very unhappy with this and i have stressed this to my builder.
He came back to me and tried to tell me that because it is not a liveable space of the house the finish does not matter and it just is what it is.
I think this is a load of bull and just him trying to get out of fixing it.

Has anyone else had a similar thing happen to them or does anyone have any advice for me? I looked up the standard and tolerances for 2015 but it only covers cracks and levels. There is nothing about damage caused during the build.

I took some photos today, but cant work out how to upload them to this post. i can email them if anyone wants to see how my garage floor was left as a finish floor

Any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.
jarryd17

While my house was being bricked up. One brickie team got sacked by my builder for double booking and not showing up to my house for a week. And then when the new brickie started, he ripped down what the first brickies had done, (for what reason, i don't no what to believe)
But when these 2 walls got pulled down, the bricks were thrown onto the floor in my garage. This chipped and scratched the finish floor pretty badly. To go with the mortar never being cleaned off the garage floor. And also the plaster never been cleaned off it and spray paint being painting on the finish floor. oh and also the plumber dripping his PVC cement on it too.

He came back to me and tried to tell me that because it is not a liveable space of the house the finish does not matter and it just is what it is.

Has anyone else had a similar thing happen to them or does anyone have any advice for me? I looked up the standard and tolerances for 2015 but it only covers cracks and levels. There is nothing about damage caused during the build.

I took some photos today, but cant work out how to upload them to this post. i can email them if anyone wants to see how my garage floor was left as a finish floor

I wouldnt accept it. I builder made some minor chips in our garage from trucks making deliveries. We didnt ask for it to be fixed, they just did it.
you need a photo bucket host. there is a thread here about posting photos. Do a search and help will be at your finger tips
Shambini
jarryd17

I wouldnt accept it. I builder made some minor chips in our garage from trucks making deliveries. We didnt ask for it to be fixed, they just did it.

How did they fix it?
You could fill the chips with an epoxy resin. Then coat the floor with an epoxy floor paint this will mask the filled parts and also act as a barrier for any oil spills etc moving forward they look pretty good when done I plan to do my garage. You can by DIY kits from masters of bunnings for under $200
MrBee
You could fill the chips with an epoxy resin. Then coat the floor with an epoxy floor paint this will mask the filled parts and also act as a barrier for any oil spills etc moving forward they look pretty good when done I plan to do my garage. You can by DIY kits from masters of bunnings for under $200

I'm glad I saw this post I was just saying to my hubby last night I wanted to do this to our garage floor but wasn't sure how much it was going to cost lol

My build
viewtopic.php?t=76386
Shanniidc
MrBee

I'm glad I saw this post I was just saying to my hubby last night I wanted to do this to our garage floor but wasn't sure how much it was going to cost lol

My build
viewtopic.php?t=76386

My mate used this product on his and it turned out great. Only thing I'm going to do extra is buy more flakes so it mimics more of a salt and pepper look using black and White and grey chips in the mix.

https://m.masters.com.au/product/101157 ... grey-gloss
Related
15/04/2024
Pro finish tiling group

Renovation + Home Improvement

The wallopers will just say it's a civil matter.

14/01/2024
Render finish

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

But they didn't even leave it at one level it goes up and down along the whole front of the house

27/04/2024
Polytec Ravine finish

Building A New House

Horizontal costs extra, and depending on door sizes (and colour) vertical may not be possible.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum