Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

Melbourne: recommend building inspectors

Page 1 of 1
Interested in using the services of a recommended building inspector which also is an engineer. SE based if possible, looking for a PM from some of you who have been happy with a particular business.
Thanks in advance for any recommendations
Hi Eve Dweller,

You've surely got one by now, but structural engineers are not very familiar with some aspects of a building. They are trained on structure and drainage.

Sounds as though you are still under warranty (6.5 years). Suggest you have a look across your garage ceiling with a strong beam torch with doors closed (on a ladder). If there are noticeable undulations and popping nails there are 2 defects you should have been warned about and common to most houses. And 6.5 years is not an acceptable life expectancy. Same goes for peeling r separated roof tile pointing. Hope you read this before the house is 6'5 years old.

Leonardo_23
Related
24/10/2023
Independent Building Inspectors - I had my first one

Building A New House

That is a really good attitude Akin to you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I do enjoy watching that tik tok inspector from Victoria but he does go a little…

20/02/2024
Conveyancing & property inspectors for new home build?

Building A New House

If you are in Victoria you have a statutory right to your own building inspector regardless of builder's consent. No negotiations are required. However the builder will…

12/10/2023
Building cost and builder in Melbourne

Building A New House

custom probably not. Volume, most defiantly, but spec would vary. If youre doing a knock down, there additional costs associated with that that will eat into your budget…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum