Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

cosmopolitan homes finishing quality

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, I'm thinking of building a home with Cosmopolitan and have seen so many posted messages of how long they took to go through the tendering process, DA approval etc. but have not seen any posted info regarding the overall quality of the completed home. We have built twice and can understand the fustration of building a new home. Just wondering if any one who have completed buliding with cosmo and can tell us how long it took for them to finish building once the buiding process started. Are you happy with the finished product? It would be great to know what to expect before we sign up with Cosmo.
king77
Hi all, I'm thinking of building a home with Cosmopolitan and have seen so many posted messages of how long they took to go through the tendering process, DA approval etc. but have not seen any posted info regarding the overall quality of the completed home. We have built twice and can understand the fustration of building a new home. Just wondering if any one who have completed buliding with cosmo and can tell us how long it took for them to finish building once the buiding process started. Are you happy with the finished product? It would be great to know what to expect before we sign up with Cosmo.

where abouts building?
I keep reading of the issues with C0smo in relation to their timeframes. We had had similar problems and they did admit the in-house side of things needed work but was getting better. After speaking to a few people, the building quality is said to be very good, and have been assured (by them) that the building will be completed within the 32 week standard contract period - 7 months should be enough - weather permitting. We shall see.

We found that by sitting down with them face to face, it was much easier to draw information on the state of play with our Tender etc. It seems that they have so much work that they are just overrun with Tender requests etc.
Hi Fisser, we are also building with Cosmo (Aquarius 23). Just paid the fee to draw up plans.

If cosmo have so much work on, im a bit concerned that they will need to rush through their workload to meet demand, potentially affecting the quality of the finish.

Hows your home going ?
Jacobs
Hi Fisser, we are also building with Cosmo (Aquarius 23). Just paid the fee to draw up plans.

If cosmo have so much work on, im a bit concerned that they will need to rush through their workload to meet demand, potentially affecting the quality of the finish.

Hows your home going ?

I suspect the reason Cosmopolitan Homes have so much work is because they put quality before time.
Cosmo built our home at Spring Fram. When we look back, the tender process was little bit on the slow side. Then leading into the PCI stage, we feel they took little bit more than we expected. But we are very impressed with their build quality. We have nothing bad to say! Even our inspection dude couldn't find anything else during the PCI apart from that odd paint marks on the walls. We really did enjoy dealing with Cosmo. My sister is also building with EB and we did notice the difference between the two builders. I should say we didn't have to pay more than a cent outside the tender. We highly recommend them!
Hi, We are thinking of building with Cosmopolitan in Nelsons Ridge due to their present in the area. We spoke to their sales guy couple of times in New Roushill office and found him really helpful and knowledgable.
We are looking at building Northcliff 30, we are happy with the design and everything. Plus cosmo is also giving us fixed price quote which includes, lights, drive ways, all the floorings (tiles downstaris & carpet upstairs), blinds, solar system. So we pretty much have to move in once they are finished. Only the front fencing and landscaping is not covered. For me and my wife, we don’t have much knowledge of building process so we thought this is good if they do cover everything in fixed price.

However, one thing we don’t like about Cosmo is their Fascade for Northcliff. They only have one fascade and it is also in the picture, not on display. We don’t like that fascade. Did anyone had this type of issues, and how did they overcome from it?
We're only up to brick stage so can't comment on build quality. We have a 33 week build time (they tacked on an extra 5 days for Easter) so should be able to answer this by Christmas.
jigarjan
Hi, We are thinking of building with Cosmopolitan in Nelsons Ridge due to their present in the area. We spoke to their sales guy couple of times in New Roushill office and found him really helpful and knowledgable.
We are looking at building Northcliff 30, we are happy with the design and everything. Plus cosmo is also giving us fixed price quote which includes, lights, drive ways, all the floorings (tiles downstaris & carpet upstairs), blinds, solar system. So we pretty much have to move in once they are finished. Only the front fencing and landscaping is not covered. For me and my wife, we don’t have much knowledge of building process so we thought this is good if they do cover everything in fixed price.

However, one thing we don’t like about Cosmo is their Fascade for Northcliff. They only have one fascade and it is also in the picture, not on display. We don’t like that fascade. Did anyone had this type of issues, and how did they overcome from it?

I'm sure an alternative fascade could be organised. If they only have one fascade you'd be doing yourself and Cosmopolitan Homes a favour.
Related
4/06/2024
Are these windows gaps and uneven brick finishing acceptable

Building A New House

B, You and I know each other well outside of the forum, and I really like you. So I am not meaning any ill will by the following comments. I have been with you on this…

2/05/2024
Ceiling Joist/s Timber quality Question

General Discussion

It's MGP 10 which means every length has been machine graded to it's specified engineered strength. It may not look pretty and if you where hand picking your timbers you…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum