Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

Concrete slab

Page 1 of 1
Gday all.
Wondering about opinions on a slab that not square and up to 45mm out on dimentions.
I gave the concretor a perfect drawing,with profiles and all dimentions bit they still got it wrong.
Its an easy slab,nothing complicated at all,so.
Ive asked him to measure up and he agrees its out bit got the old,well mistakes happen reply.
I can still use ot but its not ideal and what id be paying for so ive asked him to amend the final invoice .
Should i be expected to pay in full and as he put it,stop carrying on like a pork chop or would one expect a reduction in the final amount.
Your thoughts and opinions please.
Thanks
Stinky
Gday all.
Wondering about opinions on a slab that not square and up to 45mm out on dimentions.
I gave the concretor a perfect drawing,with profiles and all dimentions bit they still got it wrong.
Its an easy slab,nothing complicated at all,so.
Ive asked him to measure up and he agrees its out bit got the old,well mistakes happen reply.
I can still use ot but its not ideal and what id be paying for so ive asked him to amend the final invoice .
Should i be expected to pay in full and as he put it,stop carrying on like a pork chop or would one expect a reduction in the final amount.
Your thoughts and opinions please.
Thanks

is this for a residential dwelling or a shed? If its for a dwelling, its out of tolerance and a "mistakes happen" isnt a good enough excuse to just move on.
Related
12/06/2023
Concrete slab formwork - what happens after?

General Discussion

The concreter will take and reuse. In my case I bought structural LVLs and scraped them back and used them as joists.

15/12/2023
New Concrete Slab extended exposure duration

Building A New House

yep, clearly mark where the infloor heating pipes are before drilling or nailing

10/05/2024
Damaged/repaired PVC pipe under concrete slab

General Discussion

The coupling, which is made from flexible PVC, needs to comply with AS/NZS 4327 which specifies the requirements for metal banded flexible couplings used in low-pressure…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum