Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

Non-combustible clear roofing for pergola

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I'm building a pergola on a boundary, and have been informed by my building surveyor that in order to comply with fire-related building codes, I need to build it out of non-combustible material, including the roof (along with having an FRL 60/60/60 boundary wall).
With the design I'm going for, I'm looking for a clear material (e.g., glass, polyglaze), in order to take advantage of the sunlight.
However, I've been told that polyglaze is combustible, and will not be compliant.
Does anyone know of any outdoor pergola roofing products that will suit my situation? Added a 3D photo of the design below for context.

Thanks,

Josh
glass? with aluminium frame
Hi aussieta -Yep, I was thinking this as well, but I'm not sure of the specifics I'd need for the glass. For example:

If anyone knows, a link to a specific manuafacturer / product would be great. I haven't been able to find any in my google searching.
Related
15/08/2023
Building Design Certificate Non-Compliance

General Discussion

From a pure legal perspective, if you've signed the variation, it is a very high bar to have it set aside. No-one can give you legal advice on a forum, but you would need…

29/05/2024
KDR - non-inclusions from Overseas

Building A New House

Hi Dotty, I'm Shenzhen, China based and…

7/03/2024
Framing timber size needed for a double wall system in non-l

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Long story short, a toilet room is going to back onto our main bedroom and I want to make it close to soundproof. Im going to build two frames (pretty much a room within a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum