Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

Structural issues

Page 1 of 1
Can anyone please advise. I’m concerned about the structure of my 23 years olds first house. The brick work looks really sloppy with holes everywhere in the mortar broken bricks colour differences and different size bricks. Please is this normal?

looks very bad what did the contract say ? Tell them to pull it down . who are they ?
Hey cookie318 Welcome to the forum
You have posted limited photos but the brickwork looks OK at a glance
Also, it's not possible to check the mortar mix, brick ties, lintel, bonds and straps, etc to AS3700 by photos
If you are concerned have it inspected
The rough bricks will be rendered, the different bricks are used to provide min 3c bond depth to prevent cracking
Cheers
Chis
Related
4/08/2023
Floor Joist direction given by Structural Engineering

Owner Builder Forum

Assuming you've modelled the TB8, TB10, TB12, TB2 & J1 joists/LVLs there, it appears as per drawing to me. There maybe should be an additional J1 between TB10 and T12 if…

17/09/2023
Structural Issue - DPC Higher than finished floor level

Building A New House

interesting situation what happened after builder issued final invoice? did you list as defect or not does the building surveyor have any responsibility? ie. issuing…

30/10/2023
We need Structural Engineers' advice on Driveway Barrier

Building A New House

I’m not a structural engineer but I’m free. you still need an engineer for the plans. I only have part of your plans, but you seem to have a 850mm drop from the side…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum