Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

Build to boundary Garage - Brisbane small lot code

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

Hope you are doing well!
Hoping someone is able to assist us with Brisbane City Council’s small lot code build to boundary garage regulation.

We have a subdivided narrow lot. Existing houses (old & new) in the street have garages on the right hand side. We would like to build our garage to the right hand side as well following the norm. However, our neighbour wants our consent to build his garage to the boundary on his left hand side. That means our and their garage would be built to the same boundary.

One of the builder we interacted with for our build suggested we won’t be able to build our garage to the same boundary if our neighbour builds his garage and advised not to provide the consent. Haven’t noticed side by side garages myself. I shared my concern with the neighbour but he said it’s not like that and I have got the wrong advice. He seems to be a nice bloke so don’t want to withhold the consent if it doesn’t impact our build in future.

Could someone please throw more light on build to boundary garage as per small lot code of BCC?
Further, is it recommended & safe to build garages side by side to the same boundary?

TIA!
Not sure what the regs are in QLD but it's a very common practice.
It depends is it a flat block? If Not then
Generally the person Building last on back to back walls gets wacked with additional engineering/construction costs
when dropping the footings, retaining, etc?
refer to your cross section details at the Boundary?
hth
Related
5/04/2024
Fence boundary - New Lot

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi everyone, My lot has just been titled and during the settlement we found that the rear pegs were not visible. We requested for a re-establishment and pegging plan…

23/11/2023
Maximum Garage Width - Narrow Lot (Willoughby Council NSW)

Building A New House

Thanks again for this information. If you do hear anything different, would be great to know >

19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum