Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

Exposed reo/rebar advice

Page 1 of 1
Hi. Just wanting a bit of advice if anyone has had any experience of having exposed steel reinforcement in edge of slab. I have been in the house nearly a year. I have had my maintenance inspection and this was picked up by the inspector. With 2 steel reinforcement exposed in zero boundary slab in garage. I had inspections (different company) done in all stages so I am surprised this was not picked up on during previous inspections.

I have asked the builder to rectify the matter. He sent out his maintenance guy to fix other items and the guy said for that exposed reo that’s rusty he will cut out a piece of the concrete and treat the reo and patch with new concrete. Sounds like what the inspector explained. But I emailed the builder prior and I have requested that since it’s an issue with the slab, I need the engineer to issue a rectfication solution and issue a certificate or paperwork to sign it off. The maintenance guy is saying engineer doesnt need to be involved. The inspector who I hired just noted in the report for builder/concreter to address.

Any expert or someone who had similar issue share some advice pls. What should I expect them to do to repair it and should I push for the engineer to sign it off. The 2 exposed reo doesn’t seem to look bad at moment. Obviously if not fixed then it will be an issue later. I just want them to do it right. Thank you.

Just bumping the thread.. anyone who has had similar experience?

Thank you
I don't think you'd need to get an engineer involved for this
An engineer isnt need for this repair
Thank you for your replies. Much appreciated.
Related
13/01/2024
Poorly finished exposed recycled brick boundary wall.

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi all, My neighbour has built his 15m long garage on our boundary. It was agreed as part of the planning permit that the wall must be in exposed recycled brick. For some…

19/01/2024
Exposed Aggregate Concrete Repair / Replacement - small job

Paving & Concreting

Last year I had a gas leak at my house. 3 days later, I have about 1 sqm of my exposed aggregate paving broken up. I am not sure how to go about getting it repaired…

24/02/2024
Kids friendly options for exposed aggregate patio

Flooring & Floor Covering

After some ideas on making our patio kid friendly . Currently we have exposed aggregate. The patio faces west and is always in sun even though it has a shade directly…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum