Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

Putting a slanted roof on a pergola with level beams

Page 1 of 1
Hi I have one of those pergolas with no roofing and the beams are level. I want to put polycarbonate on it and I had the idea of screwing uprights to the beams to support the battens so that I can get the 5 degree slope. I am wondering if anybody knows if this would meet building codes or if not what is another solution (other than dropping the ends of the beams down to get the slope) I am in a N3 area.

Thanks for any help

PeterDc
Hi I have one of those pergolas with no roofing and the beams are level. I want to put polycarbonate on it and I had the idea of screwing uprights to the beams to support the battens so that I can get the 5 degree slope. I am wondering if anybody knows if this would meet building codes or if not what is another solution (other than dropping the ends of the beams down to get the slope) I am in a N3 area.

Thanks for any help

If you put polycarbonate on the roof you won't be able to sit or stand under it of a day time...
BOHUNTER
PeterDc

Thanks for any help

If you put polycarbonate on the roof you won't be able to sit or stand under it of a day time...

What?
Related
16/07/2023
Elevated House - can these horizontal beams be removed?

General Discussion

yes they don’t hold up the house

21/01/2024
rust on house I Beams

General Discussion

THanks , l got a licensed building inspector to look at the rust, he said its just surface rust and it would take many years to become a problem because the beams are so…

8/01/2024
How should l remove rust from steel i beams

General Discussion

if l cannot get a sandblaster would a sander with sandpaper be better then a wire brush

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum