Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

Electric cable standard - 2.5 mm2 twin & earth cable enough?

Page 2 of 2
Oh Lordy there are some troubling questions raised here. As a sparky for 36 years I also would not be relying on my builder to do the cables, but the point is moot and has been answered that only a licensed, qualified, current electrician should be working out anything to do with cable size etc. as for the plasma cutter man what the blazes are you using that in a flat for and I would highly doubt your wiring could cope and no please don’t just up grade the breaker, fuse and as I sadly have seen done file down the 15amp earth pin on the plug so it fits a 10amp socket other than that all good answers.
Scotland the brave
Oh Lordy there are some troubling questions raised here. As a sparky for 36 years I also would not be relying on my builder to do the cables, but the point is moot and has been answered that only a licensed, qualified, current electrician should be working out anything to do with cable size etc. as for the plasma cutter man what the blazes are you using that in a flat for and I would highly doubt your wiring could cope and no please don’t just up grade the breaker, fuse and as I sadly have seen done file down the 15amp earth pin on the plug so it fits a 10amp socket other than that all good answers.

I see you started off the day with piping Scotts Porridge Oats...
Roger that is there any other way?
Scotland the brave
Roger that is there any other way?

With milk and sugar... you have it with salt, I think.
Again salt any other way haha
Related
14/03/2024
PCA needed for EBH or Tyrell is good enough

Building A New House

Most of the time, council will push you out to a private certifier as it ties up their limited resources. Where a builder has gone belly up, the certifier passes the file…

25/06/2023
Seeking Advice on Installing an Electric Gate with Intercom

Building A New House

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here, and I'm looking for some advice regarding my house construction project in North Kellyville. I…

5/01/2024
Electric gate for s Street front villa

General Discussion

Hi all. I'm thinking of installing an electric gate in front of this street front villa (link below). The gate would be between the bush on the left and the letter box on…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum