Join Login
Building ForumFeng Shui

front door colour

Page 1 of 1
Does anyone know if there are any beliefs about front doors facing NW direction? We will also be facing our neighbours' wall ... (their bathroom actually
)
I just came across this on the web:

" West or Northwest-Facing Door: Paint it white, yellow or metallic colors: gold, copper or silver, with metal motifs (round or circular shapes)...."

http://www.bejane.com/bjarticle200704060445

anyone heard of this theory??
depends on individuals. no single direction is 100% good nor 100% bad for everyone.
As the door is facing NW direction, a combination of water and fire. So in my opinion you should try to enhance the North element more which will attract more positive energy for your house. So try to choose from any shades of white and silver.
welcome to the forum Pivot2
I have a north facing door and I painted it Bright Red, some might say this is over the top but I have grey Zink bricks with white morta and black windows and black roof, with white facad. I also painted the down pipes bright red and the cross beam near the front facad bright red this makes an excellent feature and stands out. It does look brilliant.

I did read in a fen shi book I had that north facing door should be blue, but this just did not go with my colour scheme.

I would suggest finding a colour that compliments your house, and makes it stand out without being over the top, taking into account your garden design and what your trying to achieve. Be somewhat daring i say.

I wish you well. If i can I will upload a pic of my door etc for you to see, and hope this helps.
In the Southern Hemisphere North & South are reversed. A red door facing north is optimal.
Our door is facing north but it's color is green. Is that ok? Or any ideas for the colors of front doors that are facing North?
Related
31/01/2024
Front door issues

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

AS2047 Section 6 Page 31 speaks to Construction/Tolerances of Windows and external glazed doors in buildings Check also New South Wales Guide to Standards and Tolerances,…

26/04/2024
Pivot door vs. hinged door?

Windows & Doors

920 was enough to get the furniture in. We live in a pretty safe area and it’s great to see people walking to the front door. We’re not too fussed about people…

14/06/2023
Gooseneck tap in front of kitchen window

Kitchen Corner

that will depend on the kitchen bench depth. you'll have to specify it so it allows for both the tap and the sink

You are here
Building ForumFeng Shui
Home
Pros
Forum