Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Help! Window casings. should I be worried

Page 1 of 1

Hi,
For at least 6 months now, four of my window frames/casings have separated from the plasterboard. They are separating at the top and the top-sides. It is happening to the one window large window on the west side and medium window on North and two small bathroom and toilet windows on North side. The greatest separation gap is about 1cm. My unit is brick on stumps stumps, constructed 1986. My windows consist of wood frames containing aluminium frames containing the glass.

In addition, the toilet window casing is appears to also be moving up relative to the plasterboard as areas an area of the plasterboard that was previously behind the casing is now visible. I can tell because it is unpainted. See second picture.

I have filled the gaps with foam tubing to stop draughts.

Should I be worried about this?
Should I get a building inspector or builder to come and assess? If so, which one?

Thank you for any info or advice.
Whereabouts are you?

My first impression is that the window is not properly attached to the wall/stud.
I'm in Melbourne. Thanks
Lilac24
I'm in Melbourne. Thanks

I could drop by if I am passing... just for your peace of mind. PM if you want
Top guy ECOECO.
SaveH2O
Top guy ECOECO.

Following your lead...
Related
28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

8/11/2023
Kitchen Quote - What should be included?

Kitchen Corner

hey there! ๐Ÿ˜Š so, itโ€™s kinda common for standard drawer depths to be around 500mm since most cabinets use this size to fit the usual runners…

9/02/2024
Should a building contract be checked by lawyers?

Building A New House

I've decided, after a period of confusion (my building broker told me it's probably not worth it to use a lawyer, but others have said it is a must) that I definitely will…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum