Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Window in shower

Page 1 of 1
We're about to renovate our bathroom and I would like to move the shower to a wall with a window in it. The window extends across the width of the wall at shoulder height so it may get some spray from the shower. When I read overseas web sites they seem to use PVC or vinyl windows in showers but I haven't found these types of windows in Australia when hunting on the internet. The current window will need to be replaced as it is an aluminium sliding window with a track that would fill with water. What is the best type of window to install for this situation? Also, will a tile sill be sufficient or is it worth installing a granite sill to match the vanity?
We have a long window - rectangular - just above head level. A nice shelf there too for things ...

We can't see the "sill" - but it is tiled.

If it is shoulder/head level then it might not need a curtain etc - just be cathedral type glass imo. Might be quite nice. But definitely needs waterproofing imo.
Any commercial Aluminium section would work (they're flat and water although it would sit on the sill would not get "trapped" on it)

But thats only if youre happy with a fixed panel - if you wanted an openable window you'll struggle
Related
27/06/2023
Fixing a shower head height mistake

Bathrooms and Laundry

I'll look into different shower heads and ask the plumber about some engineering and see what he says. Thanks

22/06/2023
Joists under shower tray

General Discussion

Hi All, about to commence a bathroom renovation and need some advice on subfloor works. Current subfloor is hardwood T&G floorboards on 90x45 joists, but intention is to…

29/06/2023
Installing a new shower do l need a plumber

Bathrooms and Laundry

Ask yourself if the insurance company will be aware of the Reno.

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum